Glenn Coffee

slyng1

Well, Glenn Coffee filed his retirement papers with the league so it looks like he's gonna go through with this.

I was wrong.

For whatever reason he walked away from the $621,000 he could have received by simply being cut, instead of retiring.

Kudos to him for not sandbagging and forcing the team to cut him.

That's a lot of money to turn your back on but he was certainly sincere about not wanting to play football any longer.

I bet he signs with the Texans or Pats any day now. :flirt:

Why would they trade us for a RB when the new backup to Gore just went off for 100 yards on 21 carries and a TD?

News: Dixon ran 21 times for 100 yards with a touchdown and caught three passes for 22 yards in Sunday's preseason opener against the Colts.

Spin: Starter Frank Gore didn't record a carry in the game, as the 49ers gave Dixon, their new presumed No. 2 back (in the wake of Glen Coffee's retirement), a good look in game action. Meanwhile, Michael Robinson, who is also in the team's backup RB mix, carried five times for 13 yards, with a TD and a fumble.

And they signed Brian Westbrook...so I dont think they will trading for one of our guys...

Well, Glenn Coffee filed his retirement papers with the league so it looks like he's gonna go through with this.

I was wrong.

For whatever reason he walked away from the $621,000 he could have received by simply being cut, instead of retiring.

Kudos to him for not sandbagging and forcing the team to cut him.

That's a lot of money to turn your back on but he was certainly sincere about not wanting to play football any longer.

Glen coffee is a very principled person. He is a very high character person who simply doesn't have the passion for football. He stated that prior to being drafted he had serious doubts about the game. He is a very religious person who is considering going into the ministry. He is only a couple of classes short of graduation.

There were many erroneous reports that he walked away from the game because he was yelled at and wasn't tough enough. Those comments were grossly wrong. Glenn Coffee has a higher calling. A calling which is much tougher than the pro game. Money was not a primary consideration in deciding what he wants to do with his life. As you noted he was sincere in doing what was right for him.

Glen coffee is a very principled person. He is a very high character person who simply doesn't have the passion for football. He stated that prior to being drafted he had serious doubts about the game. He is a very religious person who is considering going into the ministry. He is only a couple of classes short of graduation.

There were many erroneous reports that he walked away from the game because he was yelled at and wasn't tough enough. Those comments were grossly wrong. Glenn Coffee has a higher calling. A calling which is much tougher than the pro game. Money was not a primary consideration in deciding what he wants to do with his life. As you noted he was sincere in doing what was right for him.

Yeah, I gained a great amount of respect for Coffee. Football is a rough sport that takes extreme dedication to play. Peopel jsut look at the money they make and think they would trade for their lives in a second. Mike Williams always struck me as someone who didn't really like football but was good enough to get paid a lot of money for it. Gotta respect Coffee for not jsut faking it and walking away from a good amount of money.