WeD Night practice - QB's work middle of field

Chuckknox

All the QB's looked good tonight, short clean passes. Marshawn looked like he hurt his left leg early in the practice running a pass pattern to the middle, but he continued to play.

Roscoe made a great catch over the middle. Trent is seeing the middle of the field well.

Brohm looked very good in the "garbage pail" drill (throws to corner of end zone), he put a few in and close on many others.

did the pass protection look any better? This is my main concern.

I'm stating the obvious here, but the pass protection should look a lot better if the team learns how to run quick strike plays (like slants), execute screens and draws and improves the explosiveness in the running game. It won't help a whole lot on 3rd and 13, but it should give the line a fighting chance on normal down/distance plays.

All the QB's looked good tonight, short clean passes. Marshawn looked like he hurt his left leg early in the practice running a pass pattern to the middle, but he continued to play.

Roscoe made a great catch over the middle. Trent is seeing the middle of the field well.

Brohm looked very good in the "garbage pail" drill (throws to corner of end zone), he put a few in and close on many others.

+1

I was at practice as well and agree with the assessment. Quarterbacks all looked very good. As far as the OL is concerned it was kinda hard to tell how good the blocking was considering they weren't working in pads. But if i had to judge how they looked without hitting, they seemed to be blocking well enough for Trent or whoever the QB was to get the passes off. It was a real short practice though.

Only two of the o-line starters to play Friday. Wow. I mean they're not much to begin with, but I wonder how the offense can perform at all with such a dicey situation.

If this is the case, be prepared for people on the message board to be freaking out after the game friday. Our O-line is dicey to begin with, and the "depth" is laughable. This first game could be reeeeally ugly for our first team O.

I'm stating the obvious here, but the pass protection should look a lot better if the team learns how to run quick strike plays (like slants), execute screens and draws and improves the explosiveness in the running game. It won't help a whole lot on 3rd and 13, but it should give the line a fighting chance on normal down/distance plays.

They actually ran a couple 3rd and long situations. One time Trent hi Roscoe over the middle for 15 yards and on another 3rd and long Trent hit Steve Johnson for a TD. The line seemed to hold up, but again they weren't hitting, so who knows.

Just got back. I agree for the most part. All the QB's had zip on the ball. Fitzy fired a laser in the endzone. D looked half speed tonight. Maybin didn't get close all night. Ellis looks like he's ready to push Kelsay. A couple of whopper punts from Moorman.