Former AK Sen Ted Stevens

Actually I kind of liked old uncle Ted, but that airport naming thing got under my skin a bit. I had never heard of a public facility named after a living politician before.

Really? It's standard practice in the Northeast.

Actually I kind of liked old uncle Ted, but that airport naming thing got under my skin a bit. I had never heard of a public facility named after a living politician before.

Didn't it also have something to do with his wife being killed in a plane crash there (almost killing him as well)? I read somewhere that in 1978 he predicted that he would die in a plane crash.

The former head of NASA was also on the plane. Sucks.

Didn't it also have something to do with his wife being killed in a plane crash there (almost killing him as well)? I read somewhere that in 1978 he predicted that he would die in a plane crash.

The former head of NASA was also on the plane. Sucks.

Wow, if this is true I think I've found my new hero.

The USS Jimmy Carter.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Jimmy_Carter_%28SSN-23%29

One would have thought it would have been an inflatable...

Always surprised they didn't name a missile sub after him, what with their motto being "We Hide With Pride".

(But seriously...Carter was a sub officer, so naming one after him isn't senseless.)

Always surprised they didn't name a missile sub after him, what with their motto being "We Hide With Pride".

(But seriously...Carter was a sub officer, so naming one after him isn't senseless.)

If they wanted to laud Jimmy, they should have named it the USS Ayatollah Khomeini...