PFT: Trent had his best practice dispite a wet ball

Skoobydum

This article was based on Mark Gaughan's Billboard. It's good to get positive (national) press, but not like it was based on any real reporting, the norm for PFT.

Actually you are wrong…twice.

The "wet ball" quote comes from the WGR report by Joe Buscaglia.

"It wasn't a whipping thunderstorm or anything severe, but just enough to keep the football wet and slippery.

"It was really good, we needed the wet ball," head coach Chan Gailey said after practice. "We needed to be able to handle it and throw it, and catch it, and hold on to it. It was good for us."

Mark Gaughan doesn't mention the wet ball AT ALL in his report.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...ard+(BillBoard)

Finally, PFT links to NFL stories as a service to its readers. PFT doesn't pretend that it is reporting when it provides these links…it does it because it is the best one-stop source for NFL news and they know that providing links for all the teams drives site traffic up.

As for actual reporting, PFT does that too and you will know it because it will be packaged as a report, as when they were the first and only media source to report that Ed Wang's injury and the scheduled surgery, was to his hand, not his leg.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing with wet balls would suggest a uniform issue that the league will have to address sooner or later. Was Trent's ball wet from the rain or just sweaty? And how did he manage to keep the other one dry? Definately an equipment and/or uniform issue.

I feel sorry for the water boy if it turns out that TE really DOES play better with a wet ball.

GO BILLS!!!

Edit: As usual, after taking the time to read the entire thread, I see that DC Tom beat me to the pun. Why am I not surprised?

mine is out in the open and is used as dart board. It would be used for target practice, but my landlord won't let me shoot off guns in the apartment.

I like to prance around in mine with nothing else on, hopefully the neighbors will spot me and take

some shots through the window.

I'm a Bills fan living out of state and I've been reading this forum for a few years. It's the best place to find Bills news, because they sure as heck don't cover our team in the Charlotte, NC press.

I'm mostly a lurker -- only started commenting recently -- so I assume I'll be deemed to have no credibility. But for what it's worth, the level of bickering and animosity here leaves the impression Bills fans hate each other, hate the Bills, and are just plain angry.

I've never met Lori Chase, but I gather she used to be a respected member of this community, until she left in disgust. And the way people treat each other here, I'm not sure I can blame her.

I lived through Wide Right, too. I lived through four Super Bowl heartbreaks, The Music City Miracle/Debacle, and the MNF Meltdowns. My family has called Buffalo home for decades and has longed for a return to glory, just like everyone else hear. We've had our hopes rise with each new coach, each new GM, each new player acquisition, and we've had our hopes dashed each year.

But we don't treat each other with contempt the way people do here.

</rant>

I'm a Bills fan living out of state and I've been reading this forum for a few years. It's the best place to find Bills news, because they sure as heck don't cover our team in the Charlotte, NC press.

I'm mostly a lurker -- only started commenting recently -- so I assume I'll be deemed to have no credibility. But for what it's worth, the level of bickering and animosity here leaves the impression Bills fans hate each other, hate the Bills, and are just plain angry.

I've never met Lori Chase, but I gather she used to be a respected member of this community, until she left in disgust. And the way people treat each other here, I'm not sure I can blame her.

I lived through Wide Right, too. I lived through four Super Bowl heartbreaks, The Music City Miracle/Debacle, and the MNF Meltdowns. My family has called Buffalo home for decades and has longed for a return to glory, just like everyone else hear. We've had our hopes rise with each new coach, each new GM, each new player acquisition, and we've had our hopes dashed each year.

</rant>

WG, people are hurt here but I called out the let's kill the team type attitude here. We haven't even played a game for goodness sake, saying we are just terrible seems premature. Glad to have you aboard and don't ever cross me, LOL.

Ok we get it. You don't think Trent can ever be good.

Honestly, this place has the most intelligent football fans in the world and it also has a bunch of wannabee bandwagon-bitching fans in the world. Once a few turn on someone the whole cavalry jumps on for the ride. Trent Edwards is/was always a good QB, the people here are clueless sometimes. Anyone playing in that sorry excuse for an offence last year would have fallen flat on their faces. Trent has always had tonnes of potential and actually played very well when we had a decent offence in place. I sometimes wonder if you people actually watch the games or just follow your favourite fanboys here and if 'he' says it it must be true.

Honestly, this place has the most intelligent football fans in the world and it also has a bunch of wannabee bandwagon-bitching fans in the world. Once a few turn on someone the whole cavalry jumps on for the ride. Trent Edwards is/was always a good QB, the people here are clueless sometimes. Anyone playing in that sorry excuse for an offence last year would have fallen flat on their faces. Trent has always had tonnes of potential and actually played very well when we had a decent offence in place. I sometimes wonder if you people actually watch the games or just follow your favourite fanboys here and if 'he' says it it must be true.

Are you wearing a tuque? :thumbsup: Guess that rules me out of the intelligent category. :flirt:

Just kidding bout the angry face.

By your standard, what is a good QB?

At what point was Trent anything more than a project QB with a decent upside? He was a 3rd round, injury-prone college QB who ran a pro style offense at Stanford. Bill Walsh endorsed him, so god forbid, we all should love him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick clearly out-performed him last year. That's right...a career backup from another "smart" school.

In my book Brees, Manning (both Peyton & Eli), Roethlisberger, Palmer, McNabb, Brady, Flacco, Favre, Ryan, Rivers, Rodgers and Romo are good QB's...Trent is miles behind these guys.

I wonder what the hell you're watching...

At what point was Trent anything more than a project QB with a decent upside? He was a 3rd round, injury-prone college QB who ran a pro style offense at Stanford. Bill Walsh endorsed him, so god forbid, we all should love him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick clearly out-performed him last year. That's right...a career backup from another "smart" school.

In my book Brees, Manning (both Peyton & Eli), Roethlisberger, Palmer, McNabb, Brady, Flacco, Favre, Ryan, Rivers, Rodgers and Romo are good QB's...Trent is miles behind these guys.

Well, some of those are GREAT quarterbacks and most of the others other are well above average.

Well, some of those are GREAT quarterbacks and most of the others other are well above average.

Very true...

The previous poster states Trent was/is a good QB.

My point is what NFL starter is Trent actually better than?

I can't think of one now that Jamarcus Russell ate his way out of the league.

Indy, Pittsburgh, Philly, NE*, Baltimore, Green Bay, San Diego are all pretty successful, well run franchises that give their players a chance to succeed from day one (at least during these players careers, though admittedly Peyton was the beginning of stability in Indy). I would be interested in seeing where Eli, Flacco, Ryan, Rivers, Rodgers, and Romo's careers would be if they started in identical situations that TE did.

Very true...

See any film on the Sanchise last season...

Very true...

Kyle Orton

Matt Leinheart

Jake Dellome (post injury, of course)

Tavaris Jackson (if favre don't come back)

And you could argue, depending on how this season turns out:

Jason Campbell

Matt Cassel

But as it looks now, edwards isn't a franchise QB and it is a position that really needs an upgrade, unless we get a miracle this season and edwards blooms.

Kyle Orton

Matt Leinheart

Jake Dellome (post injury, of course)

Tavaris Jackson (if favre don't come back)

And you could argue, depending on how this season turns out:

Jason Campbell

Matt Cassel

But as it looks now, edwards isn't a franchise QB and it is a position that really needs an upgrade, unless we get a miracle this season and edwards blooms.

It can never be a good thing when our starting QB has to be rated above the very bottom of the barrel.... :)

Guest dog14787

The supporting cast for every name you listed is also miles and miles ahead of what Trent has seen in the NFL and anyone who thinks they could get an accurate evaluation of Trent up to this point is just kidding themselves in my opinion.

</rant>

Nothing wrong with this post. Sounded genuine, didn't attempt to belittle anyone and a Bills fan. I would rather hear someone's honest opinion once than watch people repeatedly beating a dead horse to get there point across. It seems every time someone has a differing opinion, there we go again.

The supporting cast for every name you listed is also miles and miles ahead of what Trent has seen in the NFL and anyone who thinks they could get an accurate evaluation of Trent up to this point is just kidding themselves in my opinion.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but haven't you defended the overall talent of the Bills, in general? Don't you usually step up and defend any Bill being vilified?

I'm not saying that's a bad thing for a fan to do, but you cant on one hand say the team has a lot of talent in one thread and then spew the remark above in another.

...or can you?

Guest dog14787
Maybe I'm mistaken, but haven't you defended the overall talent of the Bills, in general? Don't you usually step up and defend any Bill being vilified?

I'm not saying that's a bad thing for a fan to do, but you cant on one hand say the team has a lot of talent in one thread and then spew the remark above in another.

...or can you?

No I have not defended the overall talent ( not in a long time anyway), are you kidding me, our O-line sucks, WR's are midgets and we haven't had a good TE to speak of in forever. I always defend our team and its players, but I'm not blind to our talent level. (That's just the offense)

We lack big play makers and this is not the first time I've posted as much.