Cushing tested positive for a fertility drug

Beerball

According to the Houston Chronicle story, Cushing said: "Every individual is genetically different. I had a unique situation where something like this occurred, and we have the science to back it up. It’s really beyond what we ever thought, and it’s beyond a lot of regular medical doctors. We’ve got a lot of money spent on the research, and there’s a lot of interesting results that can help us.”

Uh ... yeah ... sure. Next thing you know Iran will be claiming it's nuclear program is only for peaceful purposes.

Dude, you've been cheating since high school. Man up & admit it. I hope he sucks this years.

Why should he man up and admit it? Are you that naive to believe he is the only NFL player taking PEDs? His biggest crime was that he got caught. Had he cycled the drugs properly they would have never been detected.

Man up & admit it.
Why should he man up and admit it? Are you that naive to believe he is the only NFL player taking PEDs? His biggest crime was that he got caught. Had he cycled the drugs properly they would have never been detected.

When we say a person should "man up" in response to being handed a suspension for failing a drug screen, what do we mean?

a) Shut up and take his lumps like a man

b) Come up with a second and nearly equally lame excuse for his failing a drug screen

What do you, BuffaloPride, suggest the appropriate response from Cushing to be? Just curious.

When we say a person should "man up" in response to being handed a suspension for failing a drug screen, what do we mean?

a) Shut up and take his lumps like a man

b) Come up with a second and nearly equally lame excuse for his failing a drug screen

What do you, BuffaloPride, suggest the appropriate response from Cushing to be? Just curious.

His appropriate response is to deny it to protect the integrity of the league. Just like Palmero, Maguire and Sosa did in front of congress. If he were to man up and admit it the next step would be an investigation into where he got the so called PEDs. Then he would be pressured into naming names of other players.

His appropriate response is to deny it to protect the integrity of the league. Just like Palmero, Maguire and Sosa did in front of congress. If he were to man up and admit it the next step would be an investigation into where he got the so called PEDs. Then he would be pressured into naming names of other players.

Yeah, it worked out great for them. 500+ homers each and none will sniff the Hall of Fame.

I thought Cushing tested positive because he had a tumor??

Yeah, it worked out great for them. 500+ homers each and none will sniff the Hall of Fame.

That was he first excuse explanation.

I wonder what his third attempt will be?

Cushing could protect the identity of other cheaters simply by not mentioning their names.

He doesn't have to proclaim his innocence in order to protect others.

IMO, what he's doing is mostly self-serving. He doesn't get paid for the games he misses..so he's fighting for that money.

McNair (the Texans owner) is backing him because the Texans have loaded up for their first playoff run and McNair wants all his best players on board for the entirety of this campaign.

And your comment that Cushing should deny the truth in order to "protect the integrity of the league?"

Were you serious? Your compass might need a little re-calibrating. Sorry to be critical.

Agreed. There is no need for steroids in baseball simply for the fact that it is not as physically demanding as football. Jim Kelly spent the latter part of his career relying on cortisone just to get on the field each week. Cortisone is a steroid. There may be some who call him a cheater, thats fine. What some call cheating I call sacrifice.

I think we should use this thread as an opportunity to remind jw that AP reporters really screwed up the rookie of the year revote. I can't believe jw voted for the cheater.

Cushing could protect the identity of other cheaters simply by not mentioning their names.

He doesn't have to proclaim his innocence in order to protect others.

IMO, what he's doing is mostly self-serving. He doesn't get paid for the games he misses..so he's fighting for that money.

McNair (the Texans owner) is backing him because the Texans have loaded up for their first playoff run and McNair wants all his best players on board for the entirety of this campaign.

And your comment that Cushing should deny the truth in order to "protect the integrity of the league?"

Were you serious? Your compass might need a little re-calibrating. Sorry to be critical.

No problem, you are entitled to your opinion, but it's true. When Canseco admitted to using steroids he was called before congress and provided names. Floyd Landis is in the same boat right now. The league doesn't want this kind of publicity. I'm sure Cushing is acting on the advice of the Players Union.