Decadence

Do you own your own company? If you don't, then are you giving your extra money to your employer to help make it more competitive and allow it to hire more people and provide them things like a weekly paycheck and health care?

So is that what you do to help others? Give your extra money to your employer?

If not, what are you doing to help others beyond insisting that other take care of the others?

Doesn't everyone on this forum own their own company? I assume we all do.

You just seem SO sure that people need to pony up to take care of others, and yet you seem to do nothing yourself. Why is that?

I'm also curious has it is you want everyone with money to help those who don't have anything, but in the same thought you also refer to these people as idiots. Are Buffett and Gates idiots now?

"You just seem SO sure that people need to pony up to take care of others" this is true. And to me, the wealthy and super wealthy owe a bit more to society and should pony up a bit more. Additional to that, Buffet probably makes $1 off of every dollar he invests, if I were able to do the same... his profits from a 50 million dollar investment are going to be substantially higher than my profits from a $5000 investment that I could afford. This is how the market works, the more money you have, the more money you make. Given that fact, I have no problem taxing the people with more money at higher tax rates.

Gate/Buffet are set for life. They are not idiots to try to help others at this point in their lives.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't everyone on this forum own their own company? I assume we all do.

"You just seem SO sure that people need to pony up to take care of others" this is true. And to me, the wealthy and super wealthy owe a bit more to society and should pony up a bit more. Additional to that, Buffet probably makes $1 off of every dollar he invests, if I were able to do the same... his profits from a 50 million dollar investment are going to be substantially higher than my profits from a $5000 investment that I could afford. This is how the market works, the more money you have, the more money you make. Given that fact, I have no problem taxing the people with more money at higher tax rates.

Gate/Buffet are set for life. They are not idiots to try to help others at this point in their lives.

Once again, please explain why government needs more money.

Once again, please explain why government needs more money.

To me that is not really the issue. The issue to me is that the wealthy should pay more taxes and those making under 50k/year should pay less in taxes. We should go back to the tax rates we had in 1950. And to the inevitable moron who will ask "why", see two posts above this one. I do think the middle class is eroding, and the wealthy are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

To me that is not really the issue.

That's because you're a moron.

The issue to me is that the wealthy should pay more taxes and those making under 50k/year should pay less in taxes.

People making under $50k a year pay almost nothing in income taxes.

We should go back to the tax rates we had in 1950. And to the inevitable moron who will ask "why", see two posts above this one.

Once again, you're a complete idiot.

I do think the middle class is eroding, and the wealthy are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

The middle class isn't eroding because the rich are getting richer. The fact that you're not smart enough to understand the basic fundamentals of what's going on doesn't help your case in the least. Your "solution" would have the effectiveness of a bandaid on a brain tumor.

To me that is not really the issue. The issue to me is that the wealthy should pay more taxes and those making under 50k/year should pay less in taxes. We should go back to the tax rates we had in 1950. And to the inevitable moron who will ask "why", see two posts above this one. I do think the middle class is eroding, and the wealthy are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

The problem with your idea is that the poor who are "getting poorer" already have an effective tax rate of zero. So the only way your half-assed idea possibly reverses the trend you think you've diagnosed is if you define "taxes" as "robbing from the rich and giving to the poor".

Which is still robbery, any way you cut it.

People making under $50k a year pay almost nothing in income taxes.

The problem with your idea is that the poor who are "getting poorer" already have an effective tax rate of zero. So the only way your half-assed idea possibly reverses the trend you think you've diagnosed is if you define "taxes" as "robbing from the rich and giving to the poor".

Under $9000 you pay 10% in taxes, under $35k its 15%, under 83k it's 20%.

I'd disagree that qualifies as an "effective tax rate of zero", and I highly doubt any of those folks take much more than the standard exemptions. As little as two years ago I was making 30k. I know exactly how much in taxes I paid, it was nothing close to zero.

Lower tax rates on salaries under 50k will allow employers to put more actual cash in the the actual pockets of their employees.

Under $9000 you pay 10% in taxes, under $35k its 15%, under 83k it's 20%.

I'd disagree that qualifies as an "effective tax rate of zero", and I highly doubt any of those folks take much more than the standard exemptions. As little as two years ago I was making 30k. I know exactly how much in taxes I paid, it was nothing close to zero.

Lower tax rates on salaries under 50k will allow employers to put more actual cash in the the actual pockets of their employees.

Do you understand what "effective" means? :thumbsup: