Hey! There's football on tonight!

What a sloppy game. It looked like a youth game of Red Rover on steroids.

My eyes glazed over before the 1st half was done. I love watching Bills' 1 - 4 strings in pre-season, but other teams scrubs? UGH!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My eyes glazed over before the 1st half was done. I love watching Bills' 1 - 4 strings in pre-season, but other teams scrubs? UGH!

I typically feel the same way. I will watch every scrub who suits up for the Bills, but not so much with other teams. That beign said, I'm very interested to see how some of the more notable rookies do in preseason, mainly Tebow and McCoy...so I'll probably watch more of the CLE and DEN preseason games.

I'm just so glad that football is back...holy crap!

I'd rather watch meaningful baseball (Red Sox/Yankees) than meaningless football.

While most people in America don't agree with you. http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/09/hall-of...sunday-ratings/

If you're like the rest of the American sports viewing public, you chose the Hall of Fame Game between Cincinnati and Dallas on NBC. That contest not only trounced ESPN's airing of the Boston Red Sox-New York Yankees game, but its 7.6 rating is the highest for any NFL preseason game in six years, more than doubling the Yankees-Red Sox, which drew a 2.7 rating.

Pretty sad when a meaningful game gets stomped by a preseason game. Maybe a league in which a few teams can buy championships while the rest have no shot isn't good for business after all. The NFL owns America.

While most people in America don't agree with you. http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/09/hall-of...sunday-ratings/

Pretty sad when a meaningful game gets stomped by a preseason game. Maybe a league in which a few teams can buy championships while the rest have no shot isn't good for business after all. The NFL owns America.

I really hate that about baseball...and I LOVE it about football. It's so much better when there is at least some semblance of a level playing field for all teams to compete. Obviously teams like the Bills will still be at a slight disadvantage compared to a team like the Redskins or Dallas, but we should never be in a position where we can't field a winner due to the financial strucure of the league. It's sad that we never see smaller market teams look like the Pirates did back in the 80s and early 90s...I hate having 4-6 teams with all the talent year after year and the small markets serving as glorified farm clubs for the rest of MLB. Even though my teams plays in the 5th or 6th largest market in the country, I still would rather see a more level structure to the league. The disparity in payroll is ridiculous.

OK, two counterpoints:

1.) Football is America's game now. We are starved for it this time of the year, and any piece of flub will do (I speak as one of the drones).

2.) You sound like one of those morons who goes to see a movie because it's "SOLD OUT TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!!! THE #1 MOVIE IN AMERICA" etc, etc.

Dude, let me clear something up for you. Ratings, like ticket sales, have absolutely nothing to do with whether a program/movie/book etc are worth a darn. Just because all of us football starved fans are like a puberty filled sixteen year old boy looking through the window at a Victoria Secrets store does not mean there is any action to be had.

If everyone in America flocks to buy crap...in the end...it's still crap.