Nix Strategy Perspective

I was reading a post over on BuffaloRumblings by Sergeant Major Thor about Nix maybe having a real plan - it being rather a two year plan and not a one year one - which puts this year's draft in real perspective; if he were looking at it with a two year scope, then why would he have grabbed a OT or a QB at the top of this draft when next year he'll have some very highly touted QB's coming out, and a bunch of O-linemen being freed up from contracts as F.A.'s, not to mention at other postitions. So, we grabbed what were deep areas in the draft, what were positions of need for us considering what will be available this and next year, and you have a two year plan that puts the Bills in position to compete for a championship after next offseason, and which will leave the team with a core of players that will be together for four plus years, ready to make a long run.

Check out the post at BuffaloRumblings, titled, Buddy Nix Sly as a Fox, and see for yourself all the players becoming free after this season - it's a ton! I like this notion more and more, because I've felt since he came and after the draft that he was planning on a two year rebuild, based on what he drafted, where our needs were, and what we could seemingly fill next offseason - after which time it'll be replacing and upgrading through the draft, which is how it should be - reloading.

I was reading a post over on BuffaloRumblings by Sergeant Major Thor about Nix maybe having a real plan - it being rather a two year plan and not a one year one - which puts this year's draft in real perspective; if he were looking at it with a two year scope, then why would he have grabbed a OT or a QB at the top of this draft when next year he'll have some very highly touted QB's coming out, and a bunch of O-linemen being freed up from contracts as F.A.'s, not to mention at other postitions. So, we grabbed what were deep areas in the draft, what were positions of need for us considering what will be available this and next year, and you have a two year plan that puts the Bills in position to compete for a championship after next offseason, and which will leave the team with a core of players that will be together for four plus years, ready to make a long run.

Check out the post at BuffaloRumblings, titled, Buddy Nix Sly as a Fox, and see for yourself all the players becoming free after this season - it's a ton! I like this notion more and more, because I've felt since he came and after the draft that he was planning on a two year rebuild, based on what he drafted, where our needs were, and what we could seemingly fill next offseason - after which time it'll be replacing and upgrading through the draft, which is how it should be - reloading.

I would say any two year plan that involves using the draft to get a franchise QB is somewhere between foolish and just stupid. With the selection of Peyton Manning, Indy found this addition did not result in any results in terms of Ws until his second year so there is at least a likely chance that we are looking at a 3 year plan if it involves picking a franchise QB.

This is but one variable in this equation where the nature of the league being a future is now kind of place the big variable of how long Mr. Ralph is gonna be around (not just in terms of needing to use his will but simply to be as healthy as possible to travel with any frequency from home to games).

I think yes there is a two year plan in place, if only because it would be foolish to commit to expect results in one year that is going to result in a hiring/firing decision. However, it does not make a lot of sense for the Bills to invest in a two year plan for the possibility of success as this does not fit the business, nor does it fit the personal needs of the Bills.

I think the plan is, 'You don't make a bad decision just because you have a problem' since making a bad decision doesn't 'fix' the problem. It just spins your wheels which is what has been happening for awhile. You make good decisions, the best possible decision and eventually, it adds up.

I think the plan is, 'You don't make a bad decision just because you have a problem' since making a bad decision doesn't 'fix' the problem. It just spins your wheels which is what has been happening for awhile. You make good decisions, the best possible decision and eventually, it adds up.

That's what I'm hoping: that the team finally has put in place the people who are going to reverse the losing trend. I realize that it won't happen overnight, but I do expect the Bills to progress toward that goal as opposed to being stuck in "same as it ever was" mode or, worse yet, regressing even further away from the goal. Once they actually improve the areas they've been lacking in for the past decade, the wins and (hopefully!!) title contention will take care of itself.

Yup. You nailed it.