53 man roster 8(PS)

NishP

Have at it people, The extra DB's and LB's are for kick and punt squads!

QB

1. Trent Edwards

2. Brain Brohm

HB

1. Fred Jackson

2. Marshawn Lynch

3. C.J. Spiller

FB

1. Corey Mcintyre

WR

1. Lee Evans

2. Steve Johnson

3. Roscoe Parrish

4. Chad Jackson

5. Marcus Easley

TE

1. Shawn Nelson

2. Jonathan Stupar

3. Michael Matthews

LT

1. Demetrius Bell

2. Ed Wang

RT

1. Jamon Meridith

2. Cornell Green

OG

1. Andy Levitre

2. Eric Wood

3. Kyle Calloway

4. Andre Ramsey

C

1. Jeff Hagnarter

DT

1. Kyle Williams

2. Torell Troup

DE

1. Marcus Stroud

2. Dwan Edwards

3. Alex Carrington

4. Spencer Johnson

SLB

1. Chris Ellis

2. Chris Kelsay

3. Danny Batten

WLB

1. Reggie Torbor

2. Aaron Maybin

3. Antonio Colemen

MLB

1. Paul Puzlousny

2. Andra Davis

3. Kawika Mitchell

4. Arthur Moats

CB

1. Terrance Mcgee

2. Drayton Florence

3. Leodis Mckelvin

4. Reggie Corner

5. Ellis Lankster

6. Ashton Youboty

SS

1. Donte Whitner

2. George Wilson

3. Bryan Scott

FS

1. Jariyus Byrd

2. Cary Harris

K

1. Ryan Lindell

P

1. Brian Moorman

LS

1. Garrison Sanborn

PS

1. Levi Brown

2. Namaan Roosevelt

3. David Nelson

4. Joique Bell

5. Sean Allen

6. Lonnie Harvey

7. Lydell Sargent

8. Cordaro Howard

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

James Hardy could be the most enigmatic decision the Bills will need to make. There's talent there, sure, but the coaches will think long and hard about taking him over Chad Jackson.

Yeah thats why im thinkin they will let him go he may have alotta potential but chad jackson came to play man and hardy isnt catching on quick enough... i actually like the guy.

Even though our OT situation will hold them back, I think we gotta keep 6 WR this year and use many different formations. I think this group could surprise if we call the right kind of plays........Hardy gets a make or break opportunity.

Even though our OT situation will hold them back, I think we gotta keep 6 WR this year and use many different formations. I think this group could surprise if we call the right kind of plays........Hardy gets a make or break opportunity.

Problem is . . . the 6th WR is CJ . . . Hardy has to go --- which is a shame.

Have at it people, The extra DB's and LB's are for kick and punt squads!

I only have a few minor quibbles with your guesses, which I've already mentioned in other similar threads. But I have two different questions:

Why do you believe your list is "most non-bias attempt"?

Why didn't you simply add your thoughts to one of the other similar threads?

James Hardy could be the most enigmatic decision the Bills will need to make. There's talent there, sure, but the coaches will think long and hard about taking him over Chad Jackson.

I don't think its really even that difficult of a decision. The only thing Hardy really gives them that Chad Jackson doesn't is height, but even that advantage has been largely negated by the additions at the WR position this offseason. Eight of the ten WRs on the roster are at least six feet tall. Considering that Jackson is a more talented overall prospect and that, by most all accounts, he's clearly outperforming Hardy in practice, I think the writing is on the wall should it come down to a choice between those two.

If they want a WR with Hardy's height, they can always keep David Nelson on the practice squad, plus they could even use Shawn Nelson outside some as well.

This list strikes me as a not unreasonable guesstimate. Of course there are elements which will not work out this way if only due to an injury which forces another player who should be gone on a simple player assessment to stay, but this working model seems fine to me.

Cutting Hardy did pop out to me as the clearest big decision of letting a first day pick go and having him beaten out by a player who initially did not impress the pundits like Hardy did.

The main thing that this pointed out to me though was that I think we are in probably for a very bad time if Steve Jackson is the best we can do at #2 WR. I think if this were our line-up then it will be even more critical to utilize Spiller in motion becoming a receiver a lot otherwide Evans would simply be double-teamed and taken out the game.

I have been happy to hear some good things being said about Jackson's play so far in camp, but the great failing our O last year was that the suddenly Schoenertless O never seemed to find a way to employ the threats offered by Evans speed and TOs gamebreaking ability to improve the play of both men and make the Bills O a quandary for opposing DCs.

I do think that Jackson runs good routes and actually has good size, however, he simply regressed in terms of output last year in terms of receptions, yardage and PT. I know it was tough on him because even though employed ineffectively, Evans and TO sucked a lot of air out of the room for other WRs in our poorly designed O.

However, if a player is really good, he simply demands that the ball be thrown to him because he beats his opponent. This is no guarantee of success (rookie Josh Reed was very good as the #3 playing with Moulds and PP who both hovered around the 100 catch mark but he still had a very impressive rookie campaign and it was a legit thought to let PP walk in exchange for a 1st and expect him to step up his second year- instead he developed the droppsies and failed miserably as a WR). Jackson did not even produce well enough to judge him anything but regressed and we expect this record to somehow be a threat at #2. Well maybe, but this is really scary.

As unlikely as it may be that Spiller can play WR, if this is all we got such a move or its equivalent will be needed to make this O even competitive.

I only have a few minor quibbles with your guesses, which I've already mentioned in other similar threads. But I have two different questions:

I'm sure all 21,000+ posts you've added have been unique and necessary!

I'm sure all 21,000+ posts you've added have been unique and necessary!

Who suggested his post was neither unique or necessary? I sure didn't. I think it is a fine post.

I asked why he started another thread when there are several already discussing this very topic.

Hardy stays, Joique Bell stays, Marshawn is traded for an OT, Kelsay goes.

I just don't see why the Bills will trade Lynch at the end of training camp. It will not do any good for getting an OT who will have to come and learn the new playbook. The Bills had chances to get Brown from the Saints and the tackle from Dallas, but they chose not to.

I believe Lynch will be in the thick of things and if this offense can have a rhythm then we will see him take back his starting job. Lynch is too valuable and scores TDs, something that he differentiates from Fred Jackson.

There's no way we're going into the season with 2 QBs, one who has never done anything in the NFL & a 3rd QB on the practice squad. Obviously the OP has a strong anti-Fitzpatrick bias that has tainted any logical conclusion as to the QBs we will keep.

Fitzpatrick is a virtual lock to make the team. Gailey is not going into the season without a veteran backup as the 2nd stringer, especially with Edwards' injury history. The scenario as posted would put Brohm as #1 & Levi Brown elevated from the PS as #2 if Edwards went down. That's ridiculous. Gailey would never put himself in the position of the totally unproven Brohm being backed up by the 7th round rookie. He has to be aware that Edwards is odds on to get injured at some point.

More logical scenarios:

Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm or Brown with Brown on the PS if it's Brohm & Brohm in the UFL if it's Brown.

Say Edwards gets hurt in preseason: Then it would be Fitzpatrick or Brohm with the loser as #2, Brown #3.

I cannot think of 1 scenario that doesn't have Fitzpatrick 1 or 2, unless he gets a serious injury in preseason.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks Fitzpatrick is gone who doesn't plan on him being replaced with a veteran backup doesn't understand how NFL rosters are put together. You have your starter. If he's fully entrenched and has shown durability, then you can go with one backup, who can be an unproven guy. Otherwise you have 2 backups. In an unsettled situation as the Bills have, you always keep 3 QBs. One of them, either the starter or #2 is a veteran. If Fitzpatrick goes, a QB with NFL starting experience, like Thigpen will replace him. Odds: slim & none that Fitzpatrick isn't there on opening day.

I just don't see why the Bills will trade Lynch at the end of training camp. It will not do any good for getting an OT who will have to come and learn the new playbook. The Bills had chances to get Brown from the Saints and the tackle from Dallas, but they chose not to.

I believe Lynch will be in the thick of things and if this offense can have a rhythm then we will see him take back his starting job. Lynch is too valuable and scores TDs, something that he differentiates from Fred Jackson.

It was hard to trade Lynch when he looked like a head case this offseason. If he shows well in preseason and a couple teams with playoff hopes lose their #1 in preseason, and there is always one or two, Marshawn's value skyrockets.

Who suggested his post was neither unique or necessary? I sure didn't. I think it is a fine post.

I asked why he started another thread when there are several already discussing this very topic.

Your backtracking is shameful.

People won't notice so many repetitive threads when hall monitors stop sounding the alarm.

Training camp is a monotonous evolution. I'd read a new roster prediction every 4hrs(if available)

LOL, you really like to stir things up.

Your backtracking is shameful.

Is there anything worse than a liar?

Absolutely NOTHING about the post being bad. You blew your criticism and now you feel foolish. Deal with it.

Training camp is a monotonous evolution. I'd read a new roster prediction every 4hrs(if available)

I have no problem with roster predictions. But we don't need a new thread for every prediction. That's all I'm saying. I didn't jump down his throat or make a big fuss about it, I just mentioned it in case he didn't quite "get it".

LOL, you really like to stir things up.

I wasn't trying to stir things up. I wanted to know why he called it the most non-biased (or "non-bias"). I didn't know if he meant the most non-biased on the board, he could come up with, etc. It's kind of an odd claim and I just want to know what he meant.

And I also thought someone should mention there are other threads where the very same thing is currently being discussed.