It's 3:45pm ET...

WGR, WECK, 1033 The Edge, nobody is talking Spiller. I want Spiller/Bills talk.

PTR

Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller.

Does that help? :thumbsup:

WGR, WECK, 1033 The Edge, nobody is talking Spiller. I want Spiller/Bills talk.

PTR

I think Lori is talking about Spiller.

Check out some of her posts ....

Caught some of Carrucci. Good stuff on Spiller. Bad stuff on our QBs. Vic thinks they all stink. D = good, inside O-line = good, RB = good, QB = not NFL quality.

PTR

I was listening to WGR on the net. The segment I listened to dealt with three media people who were at a training camp. They all were in agreement that so far all the qbs were dismal. You can sense the dispair because they all realized that nothing has materially changed for the most important position on a team. Their disgust and frustration with Trent's tendency to check down even in practice had them all shuddering at the thought of another season of the same old same old. They all were in accord that it seems that TE has not overcome his psychological barrier to just fling the ball down the field.

It might be safe to say that this offense is going to do a lot of running.

I was listening to WGR on the net. The segment I listened to dealt with three media people who were at a training camp. They all were in agreement that so far all the qbs were dismal. You can sense the dispair because they all realized that nothing has materially changed for the most important position on a team. Their disgust and frustration with Trent's tendency to check down even in practice had them all shuddering at the thought of another season of the same old same old. They all were in accord that it seems that TE has not overcome his psychological barrier to just fling the ball down the field.

It might be safe to say that this offense is going to do a lot of running.

great to hear captain checkdown isnt flinging it in practice probably afraid our secondary will intercept. This report vs others about how great trent is doing really has me concerned. Oh well my yard could use some extra attention this fall.

Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller, Spiller.

Does that help? :ph34r:

Now what is his name? :devil:

Well I guess Chan will earn his reputation this season, hopefully.

PTR

I don't get the sense that Chan Gailey is the type of coach who is going to tolerate a repetitive "issue" with any player at any position. If the HC can coach a stubborn player up then he deserves some accolades.

My expectation is not for exceptional play by any of our qbs. All I want is competent play. You go with what you got and you adjust to that. As it stands we don't have a franchise qb on our roster.

I don't get the sense that Chan Gailey is the type of coach who is going to tolerate a repetitive "issue" with any player at any position. If the HC can coach a stubborn player up then he deserves some accolades.

My expectation is not for exceptional play by any of our qbs. All I want is competent play. You go with what you got and you adjust to that. As it stands we don't have a franchise qb on our roster.

maybe Chan can figure out a way to get this guy moving but if all the mini camps, sessions and training camp so far arent getting the message through maybe its time to have 3 rbs taking direct snaps

I know the Brohm thing is touchy for both advocates and opponents, but what has his problem been?

I haven't really heard what his issues are. I have heard some good things...like fitting balls into small windows, and placing it where the receiver could go get it, anticipating moves, etc. Those all sound like things that I would be happy with in a QB. Trent checking down may be alright, if he is checking down to Spiller, all of the sudden defenses have to ease up on the blitz, allowing some receivers to get open, and let's face it, not all secondaries are as good as ours (woot.)

Whatever.. I am waiting for .. Edwards checks down to Spiller.. He's at the 50, he's at the 40, he's at the 30, 20, 10.. SCORE!!

There is the school of thought that says the Bills drafted Spiller BECAUSE of Trentative's propensity to check down.

There is the school of thought that says the Bills drafted Spiller BECAUSE of Trentative's propensity to check down.

Hadn't heard that theory expressed before, but that thought has crossed my mind. If it works, do it.

maybe Chan can figure out a way to get this guy moving but if all the mini camps, sessions and training camp so far arent getting the message through maybe its time to have 3 rbs taking direct snaps

I don't want to make excuses for anyone. But sometimes the offenses get very stymied in camp because the defense knows the plays. Jumping the plays on defense is nothing unusual. Once the team has some preseason games under their belts you should be able to get a better sense of the offense and qb situation.

Make no mistake about it our offense is going to be more run oriented. If that is the case then that should play to TE's strengths in that he is more of a control qb than a free wheeling playmaker type qb.

As it stands the long term franchise qb is presently not on the roster. Given that the front office will continue to upgrade the roster so when that franchise qb is acquired he is in a better position to succeed with better talent surrounding him.