The official Iggy Pop shirtless

Cugalabanza

Iggy, with the Stooges doing an in-store performance at my record store, 2007:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blankr3g/4246...in/photostream/

It was a lot of fun... Iggy is kind of a trainwreck...he should talk to Mick Jagger about "aging gracefully" :worthy:

Wow, you're Waterloo Records? I've never been there, but I've heard it talked about, always with praise. Pretty legendary among record store geeks! :lol:

Iggy, with the Stooges doing an in-store performance at my record store, 2007:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blankr3g/4246...in/photostream/

It was a lot of fun... Iggy is kind of a trainwreck...he should talk to Mick Jagger about "aging gracefully" :worthy:

Wow, you're Waterloo Records? I've never been there, but I've heard it talked about, always with praise. Pretty legendary among record store geeks! :lol:

Buftex, do you own/work at that store?

If so, you should have told Iggy, "Sorry I can't let you in without a shirt."

Buftex, do you own/work at that store?

If so, you should have told Iggy, "Sorry I can't let you in without a shirt."

Sorry, shouldn't have said "my record store". I have been working there part time for about 10 years... I have been working in record stores for about 25 years... I am just a music junkie... Waterloo is a great store. We had a terrific Jimmie Vaughan instore this past week, it really reminded me of how lucky Austin is to have this place... I know none of the other places I have ever worked are still around.

I hope we are around a lot longer...business is still pretty good, but not what it used to be. We actually have a mandatory "all staff meeting" tonight, after the store closes. Everyone has a bad feeling that there won't be as many of us as there used to be.... whatever happens, it has always been a blast working there. Keeping my fingers crossed! I haven't had a "real job" for most of the past year, just doing sound for bands, and working at Waterloo as much as I can. But, I do have two interviews this week! I love working with music, but it just doesn't pay the bills, particularly when you get older, when you have more than bar tabs to pay.

Sorry, shouldn't have said "my record store". I have been working there part time for about 10 years... I have been working in record stores for about 25 years... I am just a music junkie... Waterloo is a great store. We had a terrific Jimmie Vaughan instore this past week, it really reminded me of how lucky Austin is to have this place... I know none of the other places I have ever worked are still around.

I hope we are around a lot longer...business is still pretty good, but not what it used to be. We actually have a mandatory "all staff meeting" tonight, after the store closes. Everyone has a bad feeling that there won't be as many of us as there used to be.... whatever happens, it has always been a blast working there. Keeping my fingers crossed! I haven't had a "real job" for most of the past year, just doing sound for bands, and working at Waterloo as much as I can. But, I do have two interviews this week! I love working with music, but it just doesn't pay the bills, particularly when you get older, when you have more than bar tabs to pay.

Good luck tonight.

The world needs great music, and book, stores. There are too few of them these days, IMO.

Fortunately there are still great liquor stores around. But still too few, IMO.

Here is a kind of funny little clip someone posted on youtube, about the Stooges in-store:

So, I click on the link thinking to myself, "The 3 Stooges must have been REALLY old, even if this was from 30 years ago."

:worthy::lol:

Good luck tonight.

The world needs great music, and book, stores. There are too few of them these days, IMO.

Fortunately there are still great liquor stores around. But still too few, IMO.

Completely agree. In our case, while business is definitely down some (not as bad as the national average for other music stores), it is almost as much a case, I think, that the cost of operating the joint has gone through the roof. Our store used to be in a more low-rent area, but, over the last decade, it has become very built (over-built) and rents for businesses have gone through the roof. The owner is a good man, but he is in his late 50's. I am thinking he must be wondering how much of a future of there is for a "bricks and mortar" record store like ours, and wonders if he wants to squander the small fortune he has made over the years, throwing good money after bad. We have a humongous selection (comparable to Amoeba), but fewer people are wanting to own cd's and DVD's. Ironically, our largest profits are from vinyl.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread...back to Iggy and his Moobs!

Good luck tonight.

Amen!

Completely agree. In our case, while business is definitely down some (not as bad as the national average for other music stores), it is almost as much a case, I think, that the cost of operating the joint has gone through the roof. Our store used to be in a more low-rent area, but, over the last decade, it has become very built (over-built) and rents for businesses have gone through the roof. The owner is a good man, but he is in his late 50's. I am thinking he must be wondering how much of a future of there is for a "bricks and mortar" record store like ours, and wonders if he wants to squander the small fortune he has made over the years, throwing good money after bad. We have a humongous selection (comparable to Amoeba), but fewer people are wanting to own cd's and DVD's. Ironically, our largest profits are from vinyl.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread...back to Iggy and his Moobs!

Not at all. Sometimes it seems that everything that was once great is sagging these days. :P

I love to hear about the resurgence of vinyl, but I wish that the market for independent record stores was better overall. It's one of my favorite things in the world.