Anyone getting Madden this year?

Dr. Fong

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From everything i have heard, franchise mode is getting a complete overhaul for next year's madden. According to EA, they are building it from the ground up, and have already started development.

I think thge reason why they have neglected the single player offline modes abit is because they've rolled out a bunch of new online stuff in the past year or 2. I agree that franchise mode does need a complete re-do (PS2 franchise mode was awesome...i have no idea why they changed it so much for the PS3, like getting rid of RFAs).

Just preordered mine from Amazon...didn't buy Madden '10 last year, and hadn't had a console before that for long time....can't wait to play again!

So I ended up getting Madden. One thing they definitely got right this year is the Bills are absolutely terrible. I mean they've been a tough team to play with for years, but this year they are just atrociously bad.

I found the opposite to be true. Just played my first 2 games. Beat the Phins by a TD in the last seconds, Fred Jackson had 203 yards and 4 TDs (I'm big into running in Madden. So many people love to just launch the ball that if you get good at running, you can beat anyone).

Funny, lost the second game to the Pack when Parish Fumbled the punt when the score was 17-17. GB went on to score a FG for the win.

I thought the Bills D-Line looks better than expected. I was surprised at just HOW inaccurate Trent's arm is. I mean, its comical in this game.

I haven't played it yet but got my copy today and was looking through the manual a bit. Is the AFL mode something new or have they had that before? (I haven't played Madden in years.) Lana will have her copy tomorrow night too, so anyone on xbox live will have to look for us! I'm sure she and I will both suck ass in the beginning (especially lana!), but always up for a game.

Anyone take advantage of the Gamestop deal that Lockport posted? Just curious. Might try to do that today

I went and did it yesterday afternoon. Traded in Red Dead Redemption and NBA Live 10. Got $24 for Red Dead and $20 for NBA. I think I got a little more for Red Dead because it's still a newer game, but any of the games on that list will give you at least $20 trade-in credit each. I ended up getting Madden for $15.99. What a steal. :)

I went and did it yesterday afternoon. Traded in Red Dead Redemption and NBA Live 10. Got $24 for Red Dead and $20 for NBA. I think I got a little more for Red Dead because it's still a newer game, but any of the games on that list will give you at least $20 trade-in credit each. I ended up getting Madden for $15.99. What a steal. :)

You only got $24 for RDR? I would've paid you that for it on the 360...

I meant to post this last week when the thread started. There was a very cool article about the creation of the Madden franchise...from it's inception to the juggernaut it is now.

It's a bit long, but I thought it was a very cool read. It was cool seeing all the covers back to back. I remember playing '92 on SNES and Thurman being so nasty you could run all the way back to your own endzone and still outrun everyone back for a TD

'95 on Genesis...the first I remember being able to high-step to the endzone. Deion was a monster. Plus the badass FOX theme song.

'96 might have been my favorite because of the cool skill-based Create-a-player. I liked that you actually had to complete drills to make your guy good at his position

Anyway...

The Franchise

I found the opposite to be true. Just played my first 2 games. Beat the Phins by a TD in the last seconds, Fred Jackson had 203 yards and 4 TDs (I'm big into running in Madden. So many people love to just launch the ball that if you get good at running, you can beat anyone).

Well I admit that I am basing my assessment on limited data. I played one game against my brother in law. He beat me for the first time ever. So that colors my perception of how bad the team is. The defense is passable. The O-line is terrible and Trent is really inaccurate. So pretty realistic if you ask me. I used Spiller instead of Jackson. He was the lone bright spot on the offense.

I meant to post this last week when the thread started. There was a very cool article about the creation of the Madden franchise...from it's inception to the juggernaut it is now.

It's a bit long, but I thought it was a very cool read. It was cool seeing all the covers back to back. I remember playing '92 on SNES and Thurman being so nasty you could run all the way back to your own endzone and still outrun everyone back for a TD

'95 on Genesis...the first I remember being able to high-step to the endzone. Deion was a monster. Plus the badass FOX theme song.

'96 might have been my favorite because of the cool skill-based Create-a-player. I liked that you actually had to complete drills to make your guy good at his position

Anyway...

The Franchise

The first version of Madden was released on the Commodore 64 as well. I used to run a "virtual football league" with friends. For a couple of seasons we had someone owning each of the 28 teams. We had a huge draft party picking players, it was great. There were only a few attributes (speed, strength, etc) for each player, and it was on a scale of 1-9. :)

I even wrote programs to calculate and organize stats for all of the games/weeks/seasons. :blush: