Anyone getting Madden this year?

Dr. Fong

When I play Madden in franchise mode, I hardly play the game I usually sim week by week. Checking stats and going on how the team is doing game by game. I use to love the Madden 06 franchise offseason for PS2. Man that was a damn good game, before they got Kiper involved in 07.

One of my biggest pet peeves with the game is the announcing, I dont like how choppy it is. I like how they have Gus now doing the games, but still they should be able to make that a lot smoother than it is then "Touchdown {hard cut to different tone} Bills.

I would like to see (well hear I guess) during the play annoucing, the annoucer getting excited by a long thrown ball, or a broken tackle or a big hit. Not just announce the after the play.

There was a game for original PS that had Terell Davis on the cover (NFL Gameday I do believe) that the pre game was good. They would fly in saying welcome to (wherever you are playing, and give a stat about the city) then would give a weather update, it was so smoothe.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first version of Madden was released on the Commodore 64 as well. I used to run a "virtual football league" with friends. For a couple of seasons we had someone owning each of the 28 teams. We had a huge draft party picking players, it was great. There were only a few attributes (speed, strength, etc) for each player, and it was on a scale of 1-9. :w00t:

I even wrote programs to calculate and organize stats for all of the games/weeks/seasons. :)

Nerd alert!!! <_< j/king man, if I could have, I would have done the same thing

Nerd alert!!! <_< j/king man, if I could have, I would have done the same thing

Dude, I was running a computer simulation league in high school. Of COURSE the nerd alert is accurate! But I had a lot of people wanting to play (including many non-nerds :w00t: ).

It was a blast!

Thank you LockportBills for posting the gamestop thing. There are a couple games that I don't play. NHL 10 is a good trade in because the new one isn't too far off.

I agree...that $40.00 off is a nice deal. considering NHL 11 isnt that far away anyways.

I haven't played it yet but got my copy today and was looking through the manual a bit. Is the AFL mode something new or have they had that before? (I haven't played Madden in years.) Lana will have her copy tomorrow night too, so anyone on xbox live will have to look for us! I'm sure she and I will both suck ass in the beginning (especially lana!), but always up for a game.

Focker.

<_<

I went and did it yesterday afternoon. Traded in Red Dead Redemption and NBA Live 10. Got $24 for Red Dead and $20 for NBA. I think I got a little more for Red Dead because it's still a newer game, but any of the games on that list will give you at least $20 trade-in credit each. I ended up getting Madden for $15.99. What a steal. :thumbsup:

Did the same yesterday. Tiger Woods 10 and NHL 10. Also, anyone using custom sliders? I am to try to get more realism. Played only the first pre season game using the Bills. Lost 24-7 to the Redskins lol. Here they are

10min 15sec acc clock

Hum/CPU

Qb ac. 20/ 50

Pass blocking 35/ 43

Wr catching 38/ 38

Brk tackles 35/ 70

RBK. 35 / 74

Fumb. 35/ 50

Reac Time 60 / 99

Int 25 / 45

Pass rush 55 / 65

Reac time 25/ 90

Blk shd 35 / 58

Tack 40 / 56

I played my first game last night...I love this gameflow feature. I need to add some plays to it, though, cause the OC kept calling the same handful of plays over and over. Beat up on Detroit 28-7, though. James Hardy blew out a lumbar disc and Roscoe missed a few plays....other than that, pretty fun!

anyone played an offseason yet on franchise mode? any better than the previous 2 installments?

It is pretty much identical to last year's franchise mode, right down to the same background they use for appropriate stages of the offseason.

I took over the Bears and after the first season I fired Lovie and his entire staff. In his place: Greggo! He comes with +2 to every LBs awareness so I figured it was worth it. Brought in Norv Turner as my offensive coordinator and Rob Ryan to man the defense. Bobby April is the special teams coach.

Funny thing is that I simmed the first game of the season and my Bears were up 21-0 at the beginning of the 4th QTR and lost 24-21. Gregg Williams' game planning at its finest!

It is pretty much identical to last year's franchise mode, right down to the same background they use for appropriate stages of the offseason.

I took over the Bears and after the first season I fired Lovie and his entire staff. In his place: Greggo! He comes with +2 to every LBs awareness so I figured it was worth it. Brought in Norv Turner as my offensive coordinator and Rob Ryan to man the defense. Bobby April is the special teams coach.

Funny thing is that I simmed the first game of the season and my Bears were up 21-0 at the beginning of the 4th QTR and lost 24-21. Gregg Williams' game planning at its finest!

blech, guess I'll wait til next year unless I get a good deal on it

blech, guess I'll wait til next year unless I get a good deal on it

Word is that they are re-building franchise mode from the ground up for Madden '12. I certainly hope so, because the current mode is nothing to write home about. I am really kinda miffed that they essentially did nothing to change franchise mode from '10 to this year.