• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch as third option

7:49

AM ET

Marshawn Lynch |

Bills TopEmail

Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com reports that Fred Jackson is getting most of the first team reps with the Buffalo Bills' offense, leaving Marshawn Lynch with a more limited role.

This is all going on without rookie C.J. Spiller, who has yet to agree to a deal with the team. Once Spiller arrives, he figures to get a fair share of the carries as well, which could decrease Lynch's workload even more.

For now, Lynch is saying the right things, insisting that he'll leave the decision-making with regard to who gets how many reps up to the coaching staff. However, if the season starts and Lynch is firmly entrenched in a limited, third-string role, the former first-rounder might once again start hoping for a trade.

- Jeff Dooley

This doesn't even factor-in Joique Bell, who is reportedly looking very good.

I know I am re-hashing an oft-debated item, but if Bell ends up playing well, it will add to an already strong stable of RBs including Jackson and Lynch. Which further re-inforces the question about why we used our #9 to draft a RB. For those wondering what my position is - I would have traded down if there was no player we liked at #9.

I know I am re-hashing an oft-debated item, but if Bell ends up playing well, it will add to an already strong stable of RBs including Jackson and Lynch. Which further re-inforces the question about why we used our #9 to draft a RB. For those wondering what my position is - I would have traded down if there was no player we liked at #9.

What is so difficult to get about the pick? Because Spiller was the best player available and finally gives us a real threat that other DC's will have to account for. The guy has 21 touchdown runs of more than 50 yards!!!!! Let's see, from the LOS on the Bills, we currently have...oh year, zero players who have done just one TD run. The kid is a game changer and other DC's will have to gameplan for him. THAT"S WHY!!!

Bell was an UDFA. The Bills had no idea a) they'd sign him and b) that he'd look good.

The BILLS sprinted to the podium to take a player we couldn't afford to take. They should have traded down, took Bulaga or another 1st round OT in the teens and picked up another 3rd or 4th rounder. If we started the season with Fred, Marshawn and Bell as our running backs, had Bulaga to shore up our miserable tackle situation ands threw in an extra pick at OLB we'd be way ahead of were we are now. The only reason they took Spiller was to sell tickets as he may become the only exciting player on a boring team. Unfortunately we need a strong foundation more than fancy windows.

Last year we should have taken either Orakpo or Oher. This year we should have taken a 1st round OT by trading back and getting extra picks. This organization has consistently F'd up 1st round picks. They miss twice as often as hits and wonder why we suck! The past 2 years I have screamed NOOOOOOOO when they made their first pick. I am starting to question those who reply "They are professionals and know more than the fans". Really? I know that my 1st round picks the past several years are better than theirs. The only one I missed was Woods and I doubt many fans called that one. I am very tired of their first round blunders. Now Spiller may turn out to be special but he's still a luxury given our RB situation. I have been saying this for 2 years-Our OT's are killing this team and we continue to fail to address it. After watching our OT's implode last year I knew they would HAVE to do something about it either in FA or the Draft....NOTHING.

As much as I love the BILLS I will be laughing when their miserable OT's kill them again for a second straight year, and even then I bet they do nothing again next year because they know more than the fans who follow this team and watch them religously.

I think it was a great pick....

1) Jackson's closing in on 30 and is at best a 1200-1300 yd rusher. Solid as hell, but not real dynamic.

2) Lynch is just one incident away from a year long suspension. That is the biggiest single reason. Plus, does he really want to be here? He flat out sucked last year and totaly outplayed by Jackson. So now he's 2nd string behind not a real dynamic back amking first round money. Actually making more money than Fred.

4) Who would have imagined that a free agent rookie would even be considered in the mix. Hindsight is 20-20, plus... Bell hasn't done schitt yet. We'll see what he does when it counts.

5) What if Spiller's close to Tennesee's Johnson in production in a couple of years?

I think it was a great pick....

1) Jackson's closing in on 30 and is at best a 1200-1300 yd rusher. Solid as hell, but not real dynamic.

2) Lynch is just one incident away from a year long suspension. That is the biggiest single reason. Plus, does he really want to be here? He flat out sucked last year and totaly outplayed by Jackson. So now he's 2nd string behind not a real dynamic back amking first round money. Actually making more money than Fred.

4) Who would have imagined that a free agent rookie would even be considered in the mix. Hindsight is 20-20, plus... Bell hasn't done schitt yet. We'll see what he does when it counts.

5) What if Spiller's close to Tennesee's Johnson in production in a couple of years?

Spiller is a good player but a bad pick- the Bills are in rebuilding mode they needed to get talent in the QB position and across the offensive line especially OT, after Bradford the QBs this year had a lot of question marks so I'm glad the Bills didn't take one, but they were in position to take an OT and took a RB- the thing is that a OT might take a couple years to develop where as a RB is usually good to go as a rookie- the correct move was OT this year, QB next year and then if needed a RB - so we better hope Bell or Meredith really step up because otherwise we're looking at a offensive line that won't be fixed until 2012 or later.

Spiller is a good player but a bad pick- the Bills are in rebuilding mode they needed to get talent in the QB position and across the offensive line especially OT

There was no OT or QB available at #9 that was even close to being worthy of that pick... or one that would make an impact as much as Spiller will. Spiller graded out in the top 5 and was had at #9. Jackson has 1-2 good years left. Lynch is a bum... never was and never will be.

Spiller???? Dude... you can't coach 4.2

Come back in two years and tell me what a schitty pick Spiller was.