It looks like Chad Jackson is finally taking his career seriously.

Link

...“The guy comes out to play every day,” said Gailey. ”It looks like he’s made up his mind that he wants to be a very good football player. I think that bouncing around (from team to team) is not what he intended for his career and I think he’s decided to go out and make himself the position. He’s been impressive.”...

Link

...“The guy comes out to play every day,” said Gailey. ”It looks like he’s made up his mind that he wants to be a very good football player. I think that bouncing around (from team to team) is not what he intended for his career and I think he’s decided to go out and make himself the position. He’s been impressive.”...

This is a pleasant and totally unexpected surprise to me. I figured Chad Jackson would just be camp fodder and eventually get cut. It's good that he's really going after it and if he keeps it up he might get a spot on the team. I really didn't expect this at all. Now makes me wonder what wideout might lose a roster spot to him.

This is a good problem to have.

Link

He has had a rough start to his NFL career with injuries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Jackson

Between hamstring injuries and torn ACL, it's little wonder he has not lived up to expectations. Maybe this will be a turning point for him finally.

This is a pleasant and totally unexpected surprise to me. I figured Chad Jackson would just be camp fodder and eventually get cut. It's good that he's really going after it and if he keeps it up he might get a spot on the team. I really didn't expect this at all. Now makes me wonder what wideout might lose a roster spot to him.

This is a good problem to have.

I'd love to see him put up 200 yards against the Pets in each game this year! :blink:

Since the start of the offseason Chan has been conservative in his statements when he talks about players, saying stuff like: he's coming along, he's showing promise, still a lot of work to be done...So the way he talks about Jackson really tells you how hard he's really been working and how good he has looked so far to draw praises from Chan like this

Since the start of the offseason Chan has been conservative in his statements when he talks about players, saying stuff like: he's coming along, he's showing promise, still a lot of work to be done...So the way he talks about Jackson really tells you how hard he's really been working and how good he has looked so far to draw praises from Chan like this

That's a good observation about Gailey. He doesn't seem to throw around praise generously.

He wasn't very good at night practice last night dropping 3 Balls that should have been caught. The QB's didn't do him any favors but still catches pro WR's should make. I mean maybe he just had a bad day yesterday but I thought he was the worst of the WR's in watching them yesterday

It'd be nice if the Bills caught a break and got a good performer for a change.

Ya true dat. Perhaps the law of averages might finally remember that the Bills exist and give us some of those breaks.

We've been shat on too long with bad breaks. (I realize a lot has to do with past FO mismanagement) but still.

*pays tribute to law of averages* come on give us a bone will ya.

If he could show that potential - if, if, if, I know - but, he's fast. Yeah, we'd have to bump another WR, but he's young, too. People have been knocking our WR corps all pre season - I like it. I like our rookies this year. Hardy is the guy I'm down on the most, and he's still got potential. In my opinion, look at the Vikings as an example of how a recieving corps can be mediocre or good depending on who's throwing the ball. If we had Peyton tossing it around, we'd probably have two 1000 yard recievers - and maybe a TE, too. What excites me the most about Chad Jackson is his speed. I'd like to have a similar thing as the Rams recent superbowl teams had happen with us this year - the offense surprise everyone, and I think we have the tools for that to happen - speed at WR, the 50+ yard touchdown deep ball speed, and then the RB's as WR's, and then the shifty Roscoe and Spiller open field speed. If our tackles play good this year, I think our RB's and WR's will prove to be set for a few years.

While I appreciate the comments from Chan, everything I've read has several receivers ahead of him on the depth chart. Even David Nelson, perhaps due to his size and route running ability, has been getting more work in split sets with the first team.

If he could show that potential - if, if, if, I know - but, he's fast. Yeah, we'd have to bump another WR, but he's young, too. People have been knocking our WR corps all pre season - I like it. I like our rookies this year. Hardy is the guy I'm down on the most, and he's still got potential. In my opinion, look at the Vikings as an example of how a recieving corps can be mediocre or good depending on who's throwing the ball. If we had Peyton tossing it around, we'd probably have two 1000 yard recievers - and maybe a TE, too. What excites me the most about Chad Jackson is his speed. I'd like to have a similar thing as the Rams recent superbowl teams had happen with us this year - the offense surprise everyone, and I think we have the tools for that to happen - speed at WR, the 50+ yard touchdown deep ball speed, and then the RB's as WR's, and then the shifty Roscoe and Spiller open field speed. If our tackles play good this year, I think our RB's and WR's will prove to be set for a few years.

You're right. We do have a lot of potential with our wideouts. They just need time to mature, they're so young overall. But imo wow does this young core have a lot of potential.

FYI- His 40 time was 4.32, his 10-yard split was a 1.5. His vertical leap was 38 1/2 inches and his broad jump was 10 feet 2 inches. So there’s no denying he’s a fast and explosive talent. Now it’s the offensive staff’s job to channel that athleticism into consistent production.

FYI- His 40 time was 4.32, his 10-yard split was a 1.5. His vertical leap was 38 1/2 inches and his broad jump was 10 feet 2 inches. So there’s no denying he’s a fast and explosive talent. Now it’s the offensive staff’s job to channel that athleticism into consistent production.

Wow nice stats. He's a fast dude. I agree it's the staff's job to channel his talent. Also he needs to keep up his desire to succeed. And with a bit of luck maybe he won't be injury prone like in his past. Wouldn't it be great to make something of him, a 2nd round draft pick/cast off by the patsies.

Sure, our WR's have potential but our OL and QB's will put a damper on that. I'm hoping that we draft one of the top QB's next year and with another year under their belt things could start to get interesting.

Yes of course. That goes without saying. True.