TG has confidence in the Bills....

Buftex

It was nice of Tim to say it does look like we're heading in the right direction,

but it also seems to me that Tim's columns have gotten more negative about

the Bills since leaving this board due to a few fans being rude.

You throw in the line about our LB coach never having worked in the 3-4, but don't

mention that our DC has been a LB coach for the majority of his career and was

part of switching to a 3-4 three times in his career.

I'm sure DeMontie talks things over with Davis due to his experience and since he is

calling the plays for the D right now... but don't make it sound like if it wasn't for Andra

the coaches wouldn't know what to do. I guarantee DeMontie is getting more of his knowledge

from his own experience and from Edwards than he is from Andra. Tim added that line after

talking about a quote from Kawika, but did Kawika actually say "DeMontie relies on Davis when

it comes to 3-4 questions (because he doesn't know)?" That's what Tim implies.

And who cares how packed and vocal training camp is...It's training camp. Does that mean

we won't be rowdy at the Ralph during games this year? Does it mean the entire fan base

has given up on the team? No. And let's not forget, last year was the whole TO show. We

had more media and probably more fans come out than would be normal, so to anyone this

year is going to seem quieter.

I'm not saying Tim has it out for the Bills or anything and his articles probably aren't that

much different from before, except in tone. I mean when you start out the article saying,

"Of any preseason prediction I can make, the one I'm most confident in is that the Buffalo

Bills will finish fourth in the AFC East," it doesn't matter what you say after that, you have

basically said "These guys suck right now." (Whether its true or not)

To show the difference in tone, he could have said something like. "Gailey is trying to establish

a new culture with his first training camp. He wants people to use two adjectives that haven't

been associated with the Bills for a long time: tough and disciplined. (that is quoted from his

article--then he could have said) I don't know that it will be enough for them to overtake any

of their division rivals this year, but the players are buying into it. The Bills do have some

concerns and question marks..."

The tone of the article could have been different and I feel like that changed with TG after he

left this board.

The tone of that article is exactly what ESPN wants. Do you think if a writer called a player on Dallas a Wii character, that the editor would let it be published? Me neither.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there friday, saturday and sunday and it was packed, i have no idea what he's talking about. It wasn't the loud and rowdy crowd that we're known for, but there were alot of people there.

ESPN says there is no interest so you must comply.

Is there some reason he should change his "tone" to appease Bills fans?

I'm not saying he should change the tone for Bills fans...its his article and

he can write whatever he wants...I was more just noticing how it seems to

me that his tone towards the team has changed since he left this board.

And for me, an optimistic fan, it makes his articles less interesting for me to read

because they seem less objective than they used to be. Some might say more

realistic, but football isn't fun for me if I expect my team to lose every week...

so until proven otherwise, I'm hoping for the best (despite our holes and

question marks).