The Haynesworth saga continues

Another interesting aspect of this story (and there are many) is this quote from the source for the Washington Post article:

"Asked whether Haynesworth, who has been recovering from knee soreness after initially failing the test when camp opened July 29 (and again July 30), would pass it, the source said, "He will."

So the source is predicting that Haynesworth will pass the test, even though he failed it twice before and has been unable to work out.

What are the implications of this? I'll tell you. The implication is not that Haynesworth passed the test. The implication is that the Redskins passed Haynesworth.

If this theory is true, it proves what a complete charade this whole thing was and that those who saw this issue as cut and dried, those who took it at face value, were a bit naive.

This is what I took from this as well.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does this suprise anyone? I called 'injury' after he failed the first one.

Look here it is again....he isn't an NT and doesn't want to play NT and Idon't blame him. He is one of the best DT's to play the game in years and that is what he is. He is a gap penetrating, disruptive DT that they want to sit in the middle and just hold up the Center. Bull ****.

It would be like asking a 6'4 225lb WR with 4.4 speed to come to a new team, then a year later tell him he has to gain 20lbs and play TE when this guy has been a several time WR and one of the best currently in the game. sorry NO!

He was paid 100 mill to play DT, not NT, DT and there is a HUGE difference between the two positions. Washington apperantly had plans to make the switch to a 3-4 before signing him and I guess just thought he would go along with it.

Now some say 'well he is getting paid 100mill play where the coach wants you to play' I again say bull ****. He is a DT, has always been one and that is what you signed him to do. Now if you decide to make a change then ship the guy outta there and get you an NT.

the only thing he did wrong imho is take the 21 mill bonus in April. He should have said no and then flat told them he isn't reporting ever again and he would have been traded by now.

As for as this bull **** conditioning test is concerned, he is going to intentionally fail it EVERY time. Why? Two reasons. First is a !@#$ you to Shanahan, second is he doesn't have to practice and still gets paid as long as he cant pass it. Now you have him saying he is having knee issues. Wanna bet he says the conditioning test is what caused it?

Look washington isn't going to win this. All he has to do is drag ass for the rest of this season and they can't get back that 21 million bonus they paid him and he can then retire to force their hand in a trade when they eat the escilated portion of that 100 mill contract.

Moral of the story? Dont EVER pay that much money to any player.

If the Skins were smart, they would trade him and be done with it!!

to who? No one wants him at his current price especially after this offseason and possible upcoming lockout.

Actually, if Shanny was smart, he'd get up on a podium and say:

"Look, Last year when I wasnt here, they paid him too much. Frankly the guys a pain in the ass...talented, but almost not worth the headache. So if he shows up and can play, great, but we're not catering to a guy who is just a pain in the ass. I got a thousand things on my list of goals to accomplish, some lazy guy that cant get in shape enough to back up his teammates is getting moved to the bottom of my list."

Thats what I would say, because I have balls and shoot from the hip.

It's really sad to see.

When he was in that contract year with the Titans and playing his 350 lb butt off, the question was raised of it was only for the money, and that once Fat Al got the benjamins, he'd be sandbagging it.

I think we all now know the answer to that one.

What a disgrace to sports. I don't know how you can have absolutely no shame. I don't know what 1 million dollars looks like, but 100? An absolute statement about what is wrong with professional sports. Disgusting.

The proper thing to do would be to return the money. If he will not give the Redskins what they paid for, then he needs to return it.

Return it, or perform up to the standards that won you that contract, dirt bag.

Thats what I would say, because I have balls and shoot from the hip.

In a laugh-filled day, that's the funniest thing I have heard/read/seen. Outstanding!

In a laugh-filled day, that's the funniest thing I have heard/read/seen. Outstanding!

I dare to guess that I could say just about anything....and it would be the funniest thing you've ever heard based on the fact that you live in St. Augustine....which is laughable to me.

And of course its funny, most people dont have the balls to operate like I do...I mean lets face it, you couldnt say anything like that to anyone.

I dare to guess that I could say just about anything....and it would be the funniest thing you've ever heard based on the fact that you live in St. Augustine....which is laughable to me.

And of course its funny, most people dont have the balls to operate like I do...I mean lets face it, you couldnt say anything like that to anyone.

"Couldn't" and "wouldn't" are two very different things.

I'd be just as straightforward and hopefully much more intelligent in my approach and choice or words. I think the best result for everyone in that situation is for Haynesworth to play and play well. I'm thinking your approach has a very slight chance at reaching that goal. I also think your goal is different.