Pat White getting cut loose?

Pat White didn't show up to training camp on Day 1. Look like he may get cut. They really have no use for him with Thigpen and Pennington behind Henne. And it's now becoming pretty apparent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...show-pat-white/

We have ourselves a new QB soon. Pat White and CJ Spiller in the same backfield is a terrifying thing to think about if you're on the other side of the ball. Even if he's just a package guy at first, we gotta bring him in.

In all likelihood, Pat is heading off to play baseball. Don't count him out though with a run in the UFL. He has a strong arm, but has never been in a Pro-Style offense, perhaps some playing time in the "minors" will help him along and he'll get another shot in the NFL down the road. All and all I can't say enough good things about Pat. Great guy and team player, and I wish him nothing but the best in his ventures.

In all likelihood, Pat is heading off to play baseball. Don't count him out though with a run in the UFL. He has a strong arm, but has never been in a Pro-Style offense, perhaps some playing time in the "minors" will help him along and he'll get another shot in the NFL down the road. All and all I can't say enough good things about Pat. Great guy and team player, and I wish him nothing but the best in his ventures.

Think of the uproar on this board if we had picked him with our 2nd round pick.

He'd be great if somebody was running a read-option offense in the NFL. I'd like to see it tried.

Your qb would not last half a season in a read-option offense in the NFL. You want your qb taking those hits?

The 'Wildcat' is similiar, but even then teams have running backs line up as the qb.