Chan Has Players Obstruct View of Plays

I absolutely LOVE this report from Tim Graham:

If the first day is any indication, then it will be difficult for reporters to be the eyes and ears of the fans at Bills camp. New media policies place us at field level and at the back of one end zone. When the team conducted 11-on-11 drills Thursday, players not in the action formed a blockade to prevent us from viewing who's on the field, what plays they're running or how they looked executing them.

Three reasons I love it:

• It's about time we quit telegraphing our entire playbook to our competitors!
  • Chan's policy seems to be "We love the fans, but FU, we'll do whatever gives our team the best chance to compete
  • The players are totally behind Chan on this

Finally, football before media! Now if we can just get Trent (or whoever the QB of the moment is) to stop talking to the media about how it feels to be #1, #2, #3 and just focus on playing better football, we'd be good to go.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you have read a lot into this. I am not so sure I agree with your interpretations. He is a different viewpoint.

(1) Maybe Chan doesn't want the media and fans to see how bad we are?

(2) Chan and company can continue their distortions to the fans.

(3) Have you talked to all the players? How do you know they are totally behind him? Even Lynch?

It doesn't matter if Trent or any of our other QB's talk to the media. They all are unproven and most likely not quality NFL starting QB's.

That's my take...

Could you be any more over the top with this? The fans are in the stands and can watch the plays going on unobstructed. It obstructs media from video taping the plays/personnell packages.

Wow, you have read a lot into this. I am not so sure I agree with your interpretations. He is a different viewpoint.

(3) Have you talked to all the players? How do you know they are totally behind him? Even Lynch?

It doesn't matter if Trent or any of our other QB's talk to the media. They all are unproven and most likely not quality NFL starting QB's.

That's my take...

T-R-O-L-L, what does that spell? mpl6876

Seriously, what distortions have Chan and company passed off to the fans? They, we, and everyone else that has any sense of the game of football knows we are REBUILDING. They have repeatedly said time and time again that we are going to build through the draft, play the best players that we have at each position, everything is an open competition, and they are going to try to put players in the proper position to be successful on the field. We do have some decent young talent on this team and a few solid vets, but nothing is expected out of us this year. I like the approach they are taking. The media and everyone else will have 4 opportunities in the preseason to see what we are trying to put together on the field. It's not like the Bills are the "darlings" of the media anyway.

Could you be any more over the top with this? The fans are in the stands and can watch the plays going on unobstructed. It obstructs media from video taping the plays/personnell packages.

Baby Joe, I can see you didn't like what I wrote and I am fine with that. I respect others opinions here and will not try to shove my viewpoints down other people's throats.

I still stand by my original post. Most fans do not attend the practices and wait for media updates. Thus, if the media's coverage is limited the media coverage is limited to the fans too. As a result, lack of information. the real question is how reliable is the media?

That's my take...

This is moronic!!!!!!!!!

That's my take...

if that is your take why are you a fan of the bills???we are trying to be positive and encouraging,maybe you tried out for the team and they wouldnt let you play in your skirt.you are a tratior to the team :flirt:

That's my take...

What distortion are you talking about exactly?

That's my take...

Uumm... I think you're the 1 reading into this. WTF are you talking about?

That's my take...

Here's my take:

Take Your Troll Butt BACK to PatsFan.cheat and tell all your buddies there that they should get ready to cry when the Bills beat their cheating azzes!

[quote name='Chalkie Gerzowski' date='Jul 29 2010, 10:12 PM' post='1915331FL

Yikes, that might screw with the local media.

:flirt:

You mean like the "sports experts" on GR in the afternoon who could not name who the Bills beat last year. You would think that information would be at the tip of their tongues if they had prepared for Day One of Bills' camp.

[quote name='Chalkie Gerzowski' date='Jul 29 2010, 10:12 PM' post='1915331FL

Yikes, that might screw with the local media.

:flirt:

You mean like the "sports experts" on GR in the afternoon who could not name who the Bills beat last year. You would think that information would be at the tip of their tongues if they had prepared for Day One of Bills' camp.

Boy, for a station that promotes how they are THE Buffalo sports station, their own hosts act like they can't be bothered to actually pay attention to the local sports scene because it annoys them. Instead of always whining about the Bills and Sabres, WGR ought to take a good look in the mirror and ask how bad a sports station they really are.

PTR