Kelsay exits early

Hey, not everybody can be Phil Hansen and Bruce Smith. For every Hansen there's 100 Kelsey's. Dude's not a super star, but he's not as bad as everybody makes him out to be. What about Ellis? The guy's going on his third year and he has only been on the field for maybe 3 snaps. He's so bad he can't displace Kelsey. If Kelsey sucks so bad why has he been starting for 5 years?

Hey, not everybody can be Phil Hansen and Bruce Smith. For every Hansen there's 100 Kelsey's. Dude's not a super star, but he's not as bad as everybody makes him out to be. What about Ellis? The guy's going on his third year and he has only been on the field for maybe 3 snaps. He's so bad he can't displace Kelsey. If Kelsey sucks so bad why has he been starting for 5 years?

because Ellis is his back up.

I really like Kelsay's work ethic, but he has never been above average - he's always just been what you'd want out of a rotational guy, or second stringer - consistently average.

So, his exit will now make way for one of the younger guys - Batten or Coleman, hopefully, to step in, if they aren't considering Moats for an outside spot. I really like these three. Now, someone here mentioned the rave that Bowen got previously, etc., but, these guys, I think, are different in that they aren't small for their position - they are clearly the right size, and clearly have the right physical skills to perform in this defense that we're running now. So, I want to see them - the guys who got drafted specifically for this defense, as opposed leftovers who aren't, perhaps, in the long run, as good of fits - get chances to play, because I think they're going to be our future, and they might as well get some exposure now. The Steelers have had success with young LB's. New England's Mayo, and San Diego's rookie LB from last year - young LB's, like RB's, can come in right away and play good.

Do you know anything about Danny Batten besides what school he went to? Reminds me of the fading Nic Harris chatter and the Alvin Bowen chatter that preceded it...

The only other reports I have to go on Danny Batten are the one's from the OTA's, where other Bills players remarked at his play making ability. Now, I don't like to see anyone get hurt. The only things Kelsay has done during his time in Buffalo is Jack and Schitt.

THAT'S IT, I'm sick of the Gailey regime and this "pads at practice" philosophy! Clearly it's leading to serious injuries and destroying this team! We need a Player's Coach like Dick Jauron in here PRONTO.

/sarcasm