Amish are taking over

I just went to Shipshewana, Indiana... They have quite a racket going there! Amish themed indoor water park, 7 dollar buggy rides... You can't even raise the blinds in the hotel: looks out onto a farm! :D BTW, Shipshewana is the only place in Indiana on the "1,000 places to see before you die" list... :beer:

How do you suppose the Amish scout out places in Mexico? That's one hellacious buggy ride.

Are they granted 'dispensation' so that they can hop on a jet or train?

They take regular transportation... I don't think they own it though...

Actually... I was shocked to see one open buggy had regular car/automobile bucket seats.

They take regular transportation... I don't think they own it though...

Actually... I was shocked to see one open buggy had regular car/automobile bucket seats.

I'm no expert on the Amish but I believe they can ride in motorized transportation as long as they are not driving it. I suppose there may also be degrees of conservatism involved.

I'm no expert on the Amish but I believe they can ride in motorized transportation as long as they are not driving it. I suppose there may also be degrees of conservatism involved.

it depends of their church/community. there's a lot of different "grades" in the mennonites/amishes communities some have cars/phones living almost like everybody else, others don't even accept members with the wrong barb cut or shirt collar!

Reminds me of the Orthodox Jews that have the gentiles do their work on the Sabbath. God loves he who finds loopholes. :)