Jacksonville sells naming rights to their stadium

Ralph holds grudges like nobody else (see Saban, Lou; Polian, Bill, etc.)...........He did not want the stadium to be named Rich Stadium (I don't remember why) and he would have the tickets printed as Buffalo Bills Stadium.........At least 20 years later, he pulled the Bills ticket selling operations out of Tops and I know that it had something to do with the Rich family having a financial interest in that venture.

Another example of how childish and small-minded the owner is when Rich got the naming rights to the stadium the furious owner would not allow any of the Rich products to be sold in the stadium. So the coffee creamers and other products were replaced by substitute products.

Not only is the owner incompetent he can also be vindictive when he doesn't get his way. What a brat.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ralph is owned by Erie County. Assuming what you say is true (although I'll still need a link), are you telling me that Jones could never get naming rights from the city of Irving, but Ralph could get them from Erie County?

Just stop with your foolishness. Find your own link. It is as I stated. The City of Irving owned the stadium and its rights. The Irving naming rights is a side issue. The real issue is that Ralph is the perpetual whiner about money and his small market disadvantages. When he refuses to sell the naming rights because he is a stubborn jackass and narcisstic fool then he undercuts his money claims.

As a side note when the Cowboy Stadium was imploded the event had a corporate sponsor. I'm not sure who got the money.

Not investing in a stadium that will cost the taxpayers hundreds of millions, cost fans hundreds more on Sundays, and which won't do a whole lot to attract corporate sponsors/luxury box owners? Gee, what a jerk!

That much is evident. :sick:

The owner did not pay a penny when the stadium was built. When the stadium was upgraded at his insistence he again did not make any contribution. The owner is more than 90 yrs old. He certainly has no desire to invest in the future when he doesn't have a long term future.

Just stop with your foolishness. Find your own link. It is as I stated. The City of Irving owned the stadium and its rights. The Irving naming rights is a side issue. The real issue is that Ralph is the perpetual whiner about money and his small market disadvantages. When he refuses to sell the naming rights because he is a stubborn jackass and narcisstic fool then he undercuts his money claims.

As a side note when the Cowboy Stadium was imploded the event had a corporate sponsor. I'm not sure who got the money.

When you make a claim, you need to back it up. The only foolishness is saying something and making others verify it when called on it. Again the notion that Ralph could negotiate naming rights from Erie County for a stadium Erie County owns, while Jerruh couldn't get the same from the city of Irving for Texas Stadium doesn't pass the smell test. And I'd be willing to bet WHO got the money from the implosion of Texas Stadium. :sick:

The owner did not pay a penny when the stadium was built. When the stadium was upgraded at his insistence he again did not make any contribution. The owner is more than 90 yrs old. He certainly has no desire to invest in the future when he doesn't have a long term future.

Just stop with your foolishness. No owner paid for his stadium back then, and no owner pays for upkeep of a stadium he doesn't own. This irrational insistence that he should have, much less build a new facility that will only hurt the area, not help it, is ridiculous.

When you make a claim, you need to back it up. The only foolishness is saying something and making others verify it when called on it. Again the notion that Ralph could negotiate naming rights from Erie County for a stadium Erie County owns, while Jerruh couldn't get the same from the city of Irving for Texas Stadium doesn't pass the smell test. And I'd be willing to bet WHO got the money from the implosion of Texas Stadium. :sick:

Jerry Jones didn't have the naming rights to Cowboy Stadium. The Bills owner controls the naming rights to the stadium that Erie County built for him. That is an indisputable fact which you won't accept.

It is revealing that you haven't demonstrated the fact that Jones did control the naming rights. How about proving your claim? Childishness, such childishness.

As far as who got the money from the implosion of Texas Stadium read Bearball's prior post. He said the money went to charities. If you don't want to believe him then that is your prerogative.

Rich Foods didn't renew naming rights because the fee skyrocketed. Why was it better to decide on no naming fees as opposed to some fees from Rich upon renewal? Why price it so high that the only company that's willing to give you (more) money walks away?

Jerry Jones didn't have the naming rights to Cowboy Stadium. The Bills owner controls the naming rights to the stadium that Erie County built for him. That is an indisputable fact which you won't accept.

It is revealing that you haven't demonstrated the fact that Jones did control the naming rights. How about proving your claim? Childishness, such childishness.

As far as who got the money from the implosion of Texas Stadium read Bearball's prior post. He said the money went to charities. If you don't want to believe him then that is your prerogative.

So basically you can't verify your claim. I figured as much. Given the way that last CBA turned out, I suppose I can believe that in the 20 years of playing in Texas Stadium, Jerruh never got naming rights and instead had to pay them to NOT change the name.

So why didn't the city of Irving sell the naming rights? Or name it Jerruh Jones stadium?

What's almost as funny is that you're defending his decision to wait for "the right deal" for Cowboys stadium to come along. How much money has he left on the table these past 2 (including this one, since the rights still haven't been sold) years?

Rich Foods didn't renew naming rights because the fee skyrocketed. Why was it better to decide on no naming fees as opposed to some fees from Rich upon renewal? Why price it so high that the only company that's willing to give you (more) money walks away?

The issue isn't about money. The issue is about an owner's warped ego. Logic and rationality have little to do with this matter.

Another example of how childish and small-minded the owner is when Rich got the naming rights to the stadium the furious owner would not allow any of the Rich products to be sold in the stadium. So the coffee creamers and other products were replaced by substitute products.

Not only is the owner incompetent he can also be vindictive when he doesn't get his way. What a brat.

Hopefully he's not vindictive enough to prevent the Rich family from eventually buying the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo.

Hopefully he's not vindictive enough to prevent the Rich family from eventually buying the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo.

It would be interesting to know if Rich is interested in bidding for the team when it is up for auction. It would also be interesting to know if the Kelly group is real or a figment of his imagination.

How things play out is a big unknown with a lot of fan base worry. I'm at the point where whatever happens happens. There is only one person who is in control, the current owner. That is his prerogative; he seems prepared to exercise his preogative.