Poor Fishies.....Starting DE Bye-bye for 2010

The Miami Herald confirms that Dolphins DE Phillip Merling will miss the 2010 season after tearing his Achilles' tendon.

Merling reportedly sustained the injury during a football workout, putting the finishing touches on a nightmare offseason. The last pick of the 2008 first round had taken the majority of the first-team reps at right defensive end in spring practices. The Dolphins will now rely on this year's first-rounder Jared Odrick after losing both Merling and NT Jason Ferguson in the past week.

Maybe he will rehab in prison??

The Miami Herald confirms that Dolphins DE Phillip Merling will miss the 2010 season after tearing his Achilles' tendon.

Merling reportedly sustained the injury during a football workout, putting the finishing touches on a nightmare offseason. The last pick of the 2008 first round had taken the majority of the first-team reps at right defensive end in spring practices. The Dolphins will now rely on this year's first-rounder Jared Odrick after losing both Merling and NT Jason Ferguson in the past week.

Jeez....he's having a bad month.

Seriously, whatever his legal issues are, I hate to see anybody get injured like that. Fish or not.

Seriously, whatever his legal issues are, I hate to see anybody get injured like that. Fish or not.

For those wondering how Merling ran afoul of the law, he was arrested for beating up his pregnant girlfriend.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-with-dolphins/

He beat up his pregnant girlfriend and you feel bad for him?? I hope he tears his sack.

Great article on the Fish by Alex Marvez:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/philip-...bad-boys-060110

When Parcells was hired in December of 2007, he said he didn't want any "thugs or hoodlums" on the team.

Since that time, the Dolphins have had 8 players arrested, possibly the highest number by any NFL team.

And after Merling was arrested, he continued to practice with the first team defense.

This article is chock full of all sorts of good stuff on the state of the Dolfins.

He beat up his pregnant girlfriend and you feel bad for him?? I hope he tears his sack.

He is charged with that. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. I hope you don't think that everyone who is charged with something is automatically guilty.

That being said, if he IS found guilty of assaulting his girlfriend, I'm all for punishing him to the fullest extent of the law.

Great article on the Fish by Alex Marvez:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/philip-...bad-boys-060110

When Parcells was hired in December of 2007, he said he didn't want any "thugs or hoodlums" on the team.

Since that time, the Dolphins have had 8 players arrested, possibly the highest number by any NFL team.

And after Merling was arrested, he continued to practice with the first team defense.

This article is chock full of all sorts of good stuff on the state of the Dolfins.

The Bills had more than that last off season alone. just off the top of my head....Simpson, Lynch, Mcantyre, Witner, Hardy, and i seem to remember a few more. That was in only a couple month stretch last off season.

* in 3 years seems actually pretty good by NFL standards.

The Bills had more than that last off season alone. just off the top of my head....Simpson, Lynch, Mcantyre, Witner, Hardy, and i seem to remember a few more. That was in only a couple month stretch last off season.

McIntyre (sic) was falsely excused. It was a case of mistaken identity. Let's be careful here.

You're a knowledgable enough fan to know not to include Corey McIntyre's arrest.

But even including his arrest, the Bills have had 6 arrests in the same amount of time the Dolphins have had 8 (since the beginning of 2008 when Bill Parcells made his statement about "no thugs or hoodlums."

In addition, the Dolphins have had 4 arrests since this February.

Here's an actual NFL arrest database:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-...CPIorderby=Team

Over the last ten years, the Cincinnati Bengals have had 32 players arrested, tops in the NFL. That's an average of 3.2 arrests per year…so 8 arrests in 3 years is not a good figure.

In the same study, the 10th most arrested team, Tampa Bay, had 19 arrests in 10 years.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/which-nfl-t...he-most-arrests

the poor, poor fishies, my bosom aches for them....

You're a knowledgable enough fan to know not to include Corey McIntyre's arrest.

But even including his arrest, the Bills have had 6 arrests in the same amount of time the Dolphins have had 8 (since the beginning of 2008 when Bill Parcells made his statement about "no thugs or hoodlums."

In addition, the Dolphins have had 4 arrests since this February.

Here's an actual NFL arrest database:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-...CPIorderby=Team

Over the last ten years, the Cincinnati Bengals have had 32 players arrested, tops in the NFL. That's an average of 3.2 arrests per year…so 8 arrests in 3 years is not a good figure.

In the same study, the 10th most arrested team, Tampa Bay, had 19 arrests in 10 years.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/which-nfl-t...he-most-arrests

The statement was arrested and mcintyre was arrested.

The statement was arrested and mcintyre was arrested.

Yeah, and charges were dropped. So adding it in there is misleading. Yeah, the statement was "arrest" but it was implied that we are talking about thugs, criminals, and players who get into trouble. So if you missed what people were really talking about.... then I dunno what to tell ya. Maybe there is a class that can teach you to read in between the lines.

Yeah, and charges were dropped. So adding it in there is misleading. Yeah, the statement was "arrest" but it was implied that we are talking about thugs, criminals, and players who get into trouble. So if you missed what people were really talking about.... then I dunno what to tell ya. Maybe there is a class that can teach you to read in between the lines.

And how many of those fish were convicted? Charges dropped? Etc..

they are all a distraction to the team and shows that the player is putting himself or association is questionable.

And how many of those fish were convicted? Charges dropped? Etc..

they are all a distraction to the team and shows that the player is putting himself or association is questionable.

Corey McIntyre was riding his bike during his regular workout when he was arrested in a case of mistaken identity.

How is that "putting himself or association is questionable?"

BTW, Since Parcells took over in December 2007, Miami has had the most arrests (8), tied with Jacksonville and Tennessee.

So, no. Your comment that eight arrests in 3 years "seems actually pretty good by NFL standards" is an incorrect statement.