R.I.P. Randy Jackson

KRC

I don't remember him. For such a sterling collegiate career, you'd figure him to have left some kind of pro mark.

Then I read your link of his pro career.. '72 was a dismal year. We barely held off Philly for the right to draft The Juice. So I guess Randy helped us there..

R.I.P.

I don't remember him. For such a sterling collegiate career, you'd figure him to have left some kind of pro mark.

Then I read your link of his pro career.. '72 was a dismal year. We barely held off Philly for the right to draft The Juice. So I guess Randy helped us there..

R.I.P.

Wrong year Bobby C. OJ was already here in '72 on his way to '73 2000 yd season. His 1st year was '69.

Having said that, I do remember Jackson a bit.

(Chandler was one of my favorite players.)

Wrong year Bobby C. OJ was already here in '72 on his way to '73 2000 yd season. His 1st year was '69.

Having said that, I do remember Jackson a bit.

(Chandler was one of my favorite players.)

I stand corrected. Don't know what I was thinkin'.. :w00t:

R.I.P.

Not quite. We were starting an upswing in '72 with many young talented players, including OJ. Saban was the coach. OJ had 292 carries that year and Randy Jackson had only 17. Our fullbacks were Jim Braxton and Wayne Patrick and they both played much more than Jackson.

Saban was going to ride OJ for all he could.

Randy did score one TD for the Bills, his only NFL TD. He caught a 13 yard pass from Dennis Shaw to give us a 6-3 first quarter lead against Miami. We ended up losing that one 30-13.