QB Question for Bills?

OK.

Everyone has an opinion on the strater for next season, but my question is whovever the starter is what do you do with the others?

Let's say Trent wins starting spot. Do you kept Fitz or Brohm or both? I think the big issue is confidence. Each one of all three have been beat out or replaced by each other (except Brohm issues were in GB). So if you take chances and don't succeed your looking over your shoulder at someone who already has replaced you at some point before. I don't think that works.

It's almost like Flutie/Johnson.

I think you need a real change in play level from your one to your two. Just like Jim Kelly and Frank R.

That all said I think the only spot nailed down is the third spot with Levi Brown.

Thoughts?

Pre-season cuts and pre-season games will tell what level players are at and will determine where this team stands positionally (as it does every year) and we just have to wait to see who, if anyone, takes control and nails down the starting QB spot. Going 6 and 10 with what many say was a "bad" coach (or coaches) tells me we can do much better if the players are utilized properly and the schemes and play-calling are better. Yes, the Bills could fall flat on their faces, but I don't believe it will happen. That being said I really don't want to rush the summer since it is short enough, so I can definitely wait to see.

I believe Coach Gailey has invested so much in the off season on the three QBs, I just don't see him going and getting another QB to be his backup at the end of Training camp. That would have been just a waste of time.

I think if Edwards or Fitz wins the starting Job, Brohm gets the backup due to a chance to grow in this offense.

If Brohm wins the starting Job, I see Fitz being the backup since he has been a backup in the past and has come off the bench to spark offense for a short period both in St. Louis and in Buffalo.

I still think the QB depth chart's gonna look something like this...

Brian Brohm - starting QB

Bad Bad Levi Brown - backup

Ryan Fitzpatrick - clipboard

Trent Edwards - MarComm Asst. - Synopsys / President - Dakota Fanning Fan Club, Los Gatos Chapter

(Although Fitz & Brown could swap places for Brown's rookie season, with Levi moving up the depth chart next year.)

I think the big issue is confidence. Each one of all three have been beat out or replaced by each other (except Brohm issues were in GB). So if you take chances and don't succeed your looking over your shoulder at someone who already has replaced you at some point before. I don't think that works.

If whoever becomes our starter can't perform because he doesn't have confidence because he's worried about the guy behind him taking over his job, he's not starting QB material.