What player does C.J. Spiller most resemble?

Hossage

I came across some Dave Megget highlights, and I still have an old Eric Metcalf poster. It got me thinking.

Marshall Faulk?

I saw Spiller standing next to Drayton Florence, and Florence was a bigger man at the same height.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I came across some Dave Megget highlights, and I still have an old Eric Metcalf poster. It got me thinking.

Marshall Faulk?

I saw Spiller standing next to Drayton Florence, and Florence was a bigger man at the same height.

Sorry about that Hossage, Spiller has the speed but really doesn't have the power of Bo Jackson. ;)

Guest dog14787
Do you remember those old "Bo, you dont know Didley" commercials? Thats why I said you dont know didley. But I took it down after.

Yup, I used to enjoy Bo's commercials and watching him play, what an amazingly gifted athlete.

Bo, "you don't know Diddley"

Marshall Faulk?

At this point he resembles every other hyped up rookie who hasn't even played in a game yet. So I guess he resembles, Chris Johnson, Kijana Carter, etc.

He looks like a blend of Chris's running ability with Marshall's ability to come out the backfield. I would expect because of the 3 pronged attack to be a multi-use package including reverses, which you rarely seen MF run.

Just get him the damn ball.

My son and I were talking about that the other day - he's 10 yrs old and plays Madden and wanted to know how Spiller would compare to the other backs in the league - "Will he be the best?" he asks. I told him he's like a mix between Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson... he's bigger than Johnson, but might not be as quick, although he's not far behind, and he's much quicker than Peterson, though not as strong. But, Marshall Faulk was often used as a WR - and I think we'll see that a lot with Spiller. And, that reminds me of Thurman Thomas. He, too, was used as a WR, or the screens out of the backfield. I know the games have yet to prove everything, but I think Spiller will prove to be much stronger, and more capable of going up the middle and of being an every down, and an all around back, than people are now giving him credit for.

Guest dog14787
I would say he most resembles, that RB from Clemson-- whats his name... CJ Spiller

and I've got a Gut feeling that young fella from Clemson...whats his name...CJ Spiller...is going to make a big name for himself in the National Football League,

I would say he most resembles, that RB from Clemson-- whats his name... CJ Spiller

I agree. Spiller looks like Spiller. If we start to compare him to someone then he become that someone. Its about time we had our own guy again.

Spillar seems to resemble Ray Rice the most, or at least that is how I expect them to use him mostly. Especially in this system with 3 good RBs. Rice is mostly used to throw screens to, which is where he does his most damage. I am thinking spillar is going to be our Ray Rice in our 3 headed monster. But that is all premature, because we have no idea how he will look or be used and how much until gameday.

Spillar seems to resemble Ray Rice the most, or at least that is how I expect them to use him mostly. Especially in this system with 3 good RBs. Rice is mostly used to throw screens to, which is where he does his most damage. I am thinking spillar is going to be our Ray Rice in our 3 headed monster. But that is all premature, because we have no idea how he will look or be used and how much until gameday.

rice is smaller and much thicker than spiller, marshawn lynch is more like rice than spiller.