Inception (Spoiler Alert!!!!!)

Tony P

I'm starting a different thread because I don't want someone to read this if they haven't seen the movie yet.

So, in the last scene, do you think the token stopped spinning or to Cobb, it really didn't matter???

Usually, those types of endings really bother me (see Sopranos). But in this case, it was almost appropriate.

Great movie!

Idk....

but consider this:

In one of the scenes where mol checks to see if shes asleep or in the real...tthe top keeps spinning and never wobbles on its axis. In the last scene, we can see the top wobbling on its axis. But if it is real..............why the hell are kids wearing the same clothes?!

Idk....

but consider this:

In one of the scenes where mol checks to see if shes asleep or in the real...tthe top keeps spinning and never wobbles on its axis. In the last scene, we can see the top wobbling on its axis. But if it is real..............why the hell are kids wearing the same clothes?!

Right! It was definitely wobbling. And the kids were exactly the same age, same clothes, same position in the yard - even though it was some indeterminate time since Cobb left the US. You're either on to something or on something (apologies to the Common Man).

I'm starting a different thread because I don't want someone to read this if they haven't seen the movie yet.

So, in the last scene, do you think the token stopped spinning or to Cobb, it really didn't matter???

Usually, those types of endings really bother me (see Sopranos). But in this case, it was almost appropriate.

Great movie!

Try this, these FAQ's always seem to help me out a lot when I get confused with movies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/faq

Saw it yesterday. Interesting flick...enjoyed it, but thought it tried to do a little too much. Cool idea, though.

Interesting trivia: The actress who played Mal (Cobb's wife) won the Academy Award for Best Actress a couple years ago for her starring role in "La Vie en Rose", a movie about the famous French singer Edith Piaf. In Inception, the music they played into the headphones to send each other messages is a song by Edith Piaf...

Great movie!

I don't think it matters at all whether the top stopped or not. That ending is there so that you come to your own conclusion. To me, it works out well because ending on a major question fit the entire plot of that movie perfectly.

Right! It was definitely wobbling. And the kids were exactly the same age, same clothes, same position in the yard - even though it was some indeterminate time since Cobb left the US. You're either on to something or on something (apologies to the Common Man).

When he was on the phone with the kids at the start, the whole conversation sounded like one where the kids think Cobb is away on business. That shouldn't make the kids too much older when he does come back. The timeline gets all screwy too since he has spent so much time in dreams, especially limbo. So it can seem like a long time to him, but in reality only be a couple months.

The one thing I liked about the scenes with the kids was that every time in the dreams, they never showed their faces. He only got to finally see their faces when he came back. My memory of those dream scenes may be a bit off, but that's what it seemed like to me.

edit: Oh, and the thing in that movie that I had the hardest time getting my mind around was watching the kid from Third Rock from the Sun shooting guns and kicking ass.

In one of the scenes where mol checks to see if shes asleep or in the real...tthe top keeps spinning and never wobbles on its axis. In the last scene, we can see the top wobbling on its axis.

I think they purposely just tried to leave it open for speculation for people to decide/debate/talk about without necessarily giving enough evidence for a 'right' answer. However, for me to choose for myself, the wobble was the key. It was rock solid spinning in other scenes where it was still a dream. The thing is though, if they HAD cut to end the movie on it spinning solidly (even if it might fall eventually) - it would have given (IMO) too strong a definitive impression that it was still a dream, so they gave the wobble to make you think it could fall, but in doing that to me they answered it b/c in the dream it doesn't wobble.