What Bills Victory did you Least Enjoy?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have and have I been wrong? NO! the QB position STILL hasn't been addressed since 96.

Yeah, but you have whined non-stop since Jimbo retired. Have hope that someone develops instead of saying this guy sucks lets draft another(which you give up on every QB quicker than Paris Hilton gives up having babies in favor of abortion).

That is like having a problem with a car and replacing it before trying to fix it

lol enuf 'tis true.

It was about 15 yrs ago - give or take a little. I was at Rich Stadium watching a Bills / Redskins game with my sister. Seated next to me was an eleven year-old boy, and next to him his mother. Sometime during the game she got up & said, "Excuse me, I have to take my son to the rest-room...this guy behind us just urinated all over him." I instantly became infuriated. Then I asked her perhaps a dumb question, but it was so hard to believe...I asked, "Did you personally witness this?" She said, "Yes". I immediately got up & hunted security & they tossed him out of the stadium. When the dude got to the isle, it was all I could do to not toss him down the steps. The Bills played a great game & beat the Skins, but I was still mad at the end of the game & couldn't savor the victory.

What Bills victory did you least enjoy, & why?

If some MF'r ever peed on my kid I'd rip his ball sack off and stick it up his a$$. That is not even remotely funny.

It was a few years ago againts the Jets. They had just beaten the Patriots and were in a position to potentially surprise New England and win the division. As sick of the Patriots as I was at the time I really wanted to see them lose the division whether it be to us, the Jets, or even the Fins. We then went into New York and whooped the Jets. I enjoyed the win because we still had slim playoff hopes and it's not like I rooted against us but it kind of stunk knowing that the Jets' chances to catch the Patriots had been all but ruined.

My contribution to this thread will be a little less interesting than some of the posts I've read, but here goes:

It was the 2001 season, and the Bills were in rebuilding mode. They'd lost a ton of games up to that point. Then they played the Carolina Panthers . . .

I strongly felt the Bills needed draft position a lot more than a meaningless win against another lousy team. People felt excited by the win, as though it was something upon which to build. Why do people feel this way, I wondered, when many or most of the starting players responsible for this win will be (or at least should be) replaced by the time the rebuilding project is finished? We should be focused not on the accomplishments of the guys who are just placeholders, but rather on getting the right players in place as quickly as possible.

As a result of that win, the Panthers had the second overall pick in the 2002 draft; and the Bills had the fourth overall pick. The Panthers used their pick on Julius Peppers. At fourth overall, the Bills chose . . . :devil:

One could argue that nearly a year's worth of rebuilding was destroyed by that one win.

Nope. Just can't believe the miserable topic and can't wait for your next one.

Too bad, as a newcomer to TSW, you've chosen to actually not contribute, but instead ridicule. This is a classic example of being exactly what you accuse others of.

As a result of that win, the Panthers had the second overall pick in the 2002 draft; and the Bills had the fourth overall pick. The Panthers used their pick on Julius Peppers. At fourth overall, the Bills chose . . . :devil:

One could argue that nearly a year's worth of rebuilding was destroyed by that one win.

ok two things

- i am like you in that i see very little gain in meaningless wins at the end of a dismal season. yes the coaches and player must try their best to win but as a fan i would actually rather they lose and thus get a better draft spot. you will argue with some people for years over this one point

- just a reminder that the pick of mike williams at the time was just as much a blue chipper as peppers. in fact, if you had consulted draft publications (or for that matter real talent evaluation experts) they likely would have rated william an even safer if not quite as sexy a pick. i dont think any group of professional talent evaluators could have predicted the epic fail that was the shocking story of mike williams, so really that one gets chalked up to flat out bad assed luck

It was about 15 yrs ago - give or take a little. I was at Rich Stadium watching a Bills / Redskins game with my sister. Seated next to me was an eleven year-old boy, and next to him his mother. Sometime during the game she got up & said, "Excuse me, I have to take my son to the rest-room...this guy behind us just urinated all over him." I instantly became infuriated. Then I asked her perhaps a dumb question, but it was so hard to believe...I asked, "Did you personally witness this?" She said, "Yes". I immediately got up & hunted security & they tossed him out of the stadium. When the dude got to the isle, it was all I could do to not toss him down the steps. The Bills played a great game & beat the Skins, but I was still mad at the end of the game & couldn't savor the victory.

I'm pretty sure you get slapped with sex offender status if that happened these days...especially if its an 11 year old kid!

ok two things

- i am like you in that i see very little gain in meaningless wins at the end of a dismal season. yes the coaches and player must try their best to win but as a fan i would actually rather they lose and thus get a better draft spot. you will argue with some people for years over this one point

- just a reminder that the pick of mike williams at the time was just as much a blue chipper as peppers. in fact, if you had consulted draft publications (or for that matter real talent evaluation experts) they likely would have rated william an even safer if not quite as sexy a pick. i dont think any group of professional talent evaluators could have predicted the epic fail that was the shocking story of mike williams, so really that one gets chalked up to flat out bad assed luck

I mostly agree with your post. However, the concern about Williams was whether he was fast and athletic enough to be a good LT. Of course, most experts felt that even if you didn't get a good LT with Williams, you'd at least be getting a very good RT. However, a very good RT is typically not considered worthy of the 4th overall pick; so even the experts acknowledged that there was significant risk of Williams not living up to his draft position.

I agree, however, that the Williams pick involved some combination of bad luck, and inability to assess how motivated a player would be at the professional level. Bad coaching also played a role, in the sense that the Bills' coaches gave him special treatment/let him slack off. With a more ruthless coach willing to crack the whip (and unwilling to tolerate mediocrity), perhaps Williams would have accomplished more.

Easy for me...it was either the 1984 or 1985 season...they are a blur...Bills were playing the Browns, in perhaps, the most miserable weather I have ever attended a game. It was real cold, windy, and pouring rain. I took this girl I liked, to the game, as was a huge Bills fan, but had never been to a game...the game was so awful (and it wasn't just the weather, the Bills were putrid those years, as you will recall), and was devoid of anything exciting...it was the first, and only, time in my life I ever left a game early. This girl (funny, I can't even remember her name now) was so cold, I really thought she might die on me...bad time...I think the final was something like Browns 7, Bills 3...really bad football. Come to think of it, the Bills and Browns may have given us some of the very worst football I have ever witnessed.

I was there! With my dad and my buddy and they didn't want to leave, because they were having fun drinking and I wasn't in the mood. I swear there were about 2-3000 people there at the most in the 4th quarter.

I mostly agree with your post. However, the concern about Williams was whether he was fast and athletic enough to be a good LT. Of course, most experts felt that even if you didn't get a good LT with Williams, you'd at least be getting a very good RT. However, a very good RT is typically not considered worthy of the 4th overall pick; so even the experts acknowledged that there was significant risk of Williams not living up to his draft position.

I agree, however, that the Williams pick involved some combination of bad luck, and inability to assess how motivated a player would be at the professional level. Bad coaching also played a role, in the sense that the Bills' coaches gave him special treatment/let him slack off. With a more ruthless coach willing to crack the whip (and unwilling to tolerate mediocrity), perhaps Williams would have accomplished more.

You're missing one key fact - people didn't really voice that issue about Williams because he was the blindside protector of a left handed QB at Texas (Simms). Most people assumed that he was the more nimble tackle option for the Longhorns because of that.

The illegal forward pass game in Nashville. Most painful snatch defeat from the jaws of victory game I have ever seen.

Ooops !

Same game LV bills fan, with different results. After the stadium practically emptied out at half-time, myself and a handful of others moved from the end zone (tunnel end) to the 40 yard line, first row; (Buffalo side of course) It was so crazy, I probably could of jumped the wall and helped coach ! And that was before our Bills made that come-back. Well, I couldn't talk either. Then it turned into bronchitis, which I conveniently passed onto my new girl friend. Prior to that I kept telling her "I'm not sick" And when she got what I had, she kicked me to the curb. And to this day I still wonder what could of been. Still, the greatest game I ever saw.

The illegal forward pass game in Nashville. Most painful snatch defeat from the jaws of victory game I have ever seen.

Buffalo Bill...let me help you. All these years I thought the same thing. Then my buddy found this on youtube >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAFH4Ch05A Stop it at 1:47....& watch it several times 1:47 to 1:52 If my recollection serves me correctly, we didn't get this angle after the the play. This must have been what Luckett saw under the hood. To all those who believe we got ripped that day...I'm curious if these 5 seconds on this replay video will change your mind like it did mine.