Can we please go back to the Bills being like this?

I don't know what was sweeter, the blowout win over the Raiders or outgunning Marino and the Dolphins the week before

I got that one on tape. So much for a Buffalo QB not being able to throw for 300+ in snowy/ windy conditions in Buffalo in January huh? :rolleyes:

No doubt - I'm an optimist. My optimism might be regarded as realistic in, say, Baltimore, or Dallas, or Washington. Here in Buffalo, though, it is always seen as wishful thinking. In response to "there will never be another NFL team that good, let alone the Bills" - I certainly hope they're wrong.

Why would you want to be in the NFL, as a coach or as management, if you didn't think you could assemble the best team that ever walked the grassy field? Sure, you're not going to achieve that hieght ever, or only once, but that is what should be strived for, and NOTHING LESS.

That is what really killed me with Jauron. He seemed to believe the NFL was not capable of building great teams - at least, he never thought he was. Rather, he aimed at edging the opponent by a field goal. No wonder our team sucked!

You've got to think like Rex Ryan, or Billecheck, or the Tuna - funny, they're all in our division!

Gailey, though, and Nix, want to return our team to greatness. Not merely winning, but being feared. That is good. As bad as our team has been recently - we've been bringing in young talent, nevertheless. This I believe - that we have more talent at WR, LB, and Defensive lines than most fans and analysts will credit us for; we just never had the right coaching to utilize it. Gailey will show us there's more talent on this team than we realized, or dared to speculate about. We certainly aren't great yet, but we can be, and I hope Nix and Gailey believe that and are aiming at being able to stand up with these monsters in our division soon.

That was awesome!

I was at that game, and I can remember never sitting for the whole 51-3 drubbing.

That was their year. Looking back, we should have been running on the Giants in Super Bowl 25 (can we get rid of the roman numerals, already?) when they were in that 2 down lineman, 7 defensive back defense. To put it all on Norwood is a mistake. There was some lousy tackling by the Bills in that game.

No doubt - I'm an optimist. My optimism might be regarded as realistic in, say, Baltimore, or Dallas, or Washington. Here in Buffalo, though, it is always seen as wishful thinking. In response to "there will never be another NFL team that good, let alone the Bills" - I certainly hope they're wrong.

Why would you want to be in the NFL, as a coach or as management, if you didn't think you could assemble the best team that ever walked the grassy field? Sure, you're not going to achieve that hieght ever, or only once, but that is what should be strived for, and NOTHING LESS.

That is what really killed me with Jauron. He seemed to believe the NFL was not capable of building great teams - at least, he never thought he was. Rather, he aimed at edging the opponent by a field goal. No wonder our team sucked!

You've got to think like Rex Ryan, or Billecheck, or the Tuna - funny, they're all in our division!

Gailey, though, and Nix, want to return our team to greatness. Not merely winning, but being feared. That is good. As bad as our team has been recently - we've been bringing in young talent, nevertheless. This I believe - that we have more talent at WR, LB, and Defensive lines than most fans and analysts will credit us for; we just never had the right coaching to utilize it. Gailey will show us there's more talent on this team than we realized, or dared to speculate about. We certainly aren't great yet, but we can be, and I hope Nix and Gailey believe that and are aiming at being able to stand up with these monsters in our division soon.

:rolleyes: Great post