Poor TO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always been a T.O. defender, and I have always though the media coverage didnt match up with the real thing. But as an outspoken black wide receiver in the spotlight, you'll have that.

I am surprised that some teams havent picked him up. I would have resigned him for less.

link

He spends half the article saying that NFL teams have no problem with his character, yet blames the media for his unemployment--because they disparage his character.

He's not very bright.

Yet he was probably the best offensive player on the Bills last year (almost always open) - go figure.

I have always been a T.O. defender, and I have always though the media coverage didnt match up with the real thing. But as an outspoken black wide receiver in the spotlight, you'll have that.

I am surprised that some teams havent picked him up. I would have resigned him for less.

What does being black have to do with anything?

What does being black have to do with anything?

I mentioned it because I think the media is quicker to stereotype black players as primadonnas. At least, I think that the stereotype is that young black receivers tend to be a little verbose. I think it matters to his overall image. I could be wrong. I wasnt really planning on a racial discussion or anything.

Someone also always has to throw the passes. I guess we don't need to worry about the Bills' QB anymore.

Yes, someone has to throw those passes. Very good.

No, the QB problem is not solved, nor was it when the majority of passes was temporarily shifted to TO.

Yes, someone has to throw those passes. Very good.

Sigh. If only it were that simple.

No, the QB problem is not solved, nor was it when the majority of passes was temporarily shifted to TO.

Now you're starting to catch-on. So to speak.

His character was great here in Buffalo...

I guess that I have a different opinion. Because he didn't come out and call Edwards gay, or complain to the media, or any of the other things he did in the past, I guess he is getting a free pass.

I thought his effort was abysmal. I think that our QBs looked worse than they are, hard to do, by having to force 15 throws his direction every game, only for him to give a half-assed effort in trying to make a catch. He also dropped several would-be TD's.

People want to praise him because he didn't reduce himself to a ranting lunatic in a presser, then so be it. I don't think he added anything to this team. I know there is a lot of Evan's haters that will disagree, but if we would have thrown those balls to Lee, he would have been in the Pro Bowl.

Lee isn't as big as TO, but he is faster, has better hands, and sure as **** gives a ton more effort. I do acknowledge that TO is/was a great receiver, but his effort last year didn't impress me. I am glad we moved on.

I guess that I have a different opinion. Because he didn't come out and call Edwards gay, or complain to the media, or any of the other things he did in the past, I guess he is getting a free pass.

I thought his effort was abysmal. I think that our QBs looked worse than they are, hard to do, by having to force 15 throws his direction every game, only for him to give a half-assed effort in trying to make a catch. He also dropped several would-be TD's.

People want to praise him because he didn't reduce himself to a ranting lunatic in a presser, then so be it. I don't think he added anything to this team. I know there is a lot of Evan's haters that will disagree, but if we would have thrown those balls to Lee, he would have been in the Pro Bowl.

Lee isn't as big as TO, but he is faster, has better hands, and sure as **** gives a ton more effort. I do acknowledge that TO is/was a great receiver, but his effort last year didn't impress me. I am glad we moved on.

TO was targeted 105 times last year. Lee was targeted 83. That's 1.375 more passes TO's way a game, not 15. Both caught around 52-52% of the passes thrown their way.

As for Evans' effort, it wasn't much better. He might not have dropped as many as TO, but it's not like 1.375 more passes his way would have made much of a difference. The offense was a fuster cluck from the get-go.

Sigh. If only it were that simple.

Now you're starting to catch-on. So to speak.

Yes, if only---but you brought it up.

It will all be come self evident when another receiver catches more passes than anyone else on the team this season. Seems to happen every year, doc.

Yes, if only---but you brought it up.

It will all be come self evident when another receiver catches more passes than anyone else on the team this season. Seems to happen every year, doc.

As I showed above doc, TO got less than a pass and a half more throws per game, not the "majority of passes" that you made up. And with all the drops by TO, you'd think that Evans would have out-received him. Didn't happen. Not to mention TO had a higher YPC average (obviously because all the passes were being thrown to him).

Beyond that, the Bills passed the ball the 2nd fewest times in the NFL last year. As a fr'instane, they passed it over a 100 times fewer than the Cowboys did in 2008, when TO was targeted 139 times. Multiplying 139 by his 2009 52.4% catch rate, you get 73 catches, times 15.1 YPC is 1,102 yards.

So you see, the Bills had a lousy offensive scheme and lousy QB'ing, something you'd have to agree with, since you say "it's all about the QB." But carry-on with your TO fetish.

+1000!!!

I think he'd rather make crappy reality shows than sign for less. Also we would be retarding the growth of our young WR's. Like it or not those guys are going to slow down as the years go by. Its time to throw those guys in the deep end and see who survives.

T.O is starting to end up like Milton from Office Space. He doesn't know he's done....and no one wants to tell him and everyone is just hoping he'll go away.