Poor TO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure TO had an impact. What planet have you been living on? He led the team in receiving and he actually made the Bills relevant last year, if not helped portray Buffalo in a better light (and goodness knows, Buffalo needs it!). For that alone he was well worth the $6.5M. You have chosen not to directly dispute these things. Oh wait, you feebly attempted with the "someone had to catch those passes" and "the Bills were relevant until TO wasn't relevant on the field, blah, blah, blah." Wave that white flag a little higher, doc.

Again doc, if you were expecting TO to be a one-man offense, that's on no one else but you. Most everyone else realizes that no, not everyone can catch those passes, or be an OC, or be an LT (and the funniest thing is you thought Peters sucked in 2008!).

You're stuck at "he led the team in receiving"--again, big deal. Evans/Reed, TO/Evans. They finished with their worst record in 4 years and, again, at the bottom of the AFCE. Their passing performance was worse than 2008 in almost any metric you can measure.

Yet TO had an impact that was well worth $6.5 million----because he made Buffalo "relevant"?? Because of the anticipated media circus? Because the press portrayed both parties as desperate and somewhat sad? And of course the press lost interest in TO when all they had to cover was his mediocre season. But the "relevance" remained??

For the last time, I was not "expecting TO to be a one-man offense" (you are a great slayer of straw men, not so much when it comes to actual arguments). Never said that. In fact, I made clear that I didn't expect all the magical things many here were sure would happen as soon as TO put on the uniform--an amazing rippling effect that would impact our QB(s), our young WRs, Lee Evans (i read it right here--TO and Evans will be the best WR duo in the league), our DBs...etc. It never happened.

I did say Peters sucked in 2008. But he was better than Walker. It would therefore lack sense to cry over the loss of the latter. Think it through, doc.

he'll find a job. trust me. he will not retire yet. even if he gets the vet pay. what is it? 1 mill?

i hope he does another reality show. it was entertaining.

Another one? Season 2 of his old one, premiers this Sunday, back to back with the OchoCinco show...seriously.

TO was "great" in Buffalo, by his own admission, because Dick Jauron allowed him to do what he wanted, when he wanted. Not the kind of guy you want around, when you are re-building with young players. He may still have some game, and I will be surprised if he isn't on a roster in 2010. I am saying the Titans.

http://www.terrellowens.com/

His character was great here in Buffalo...

I guess that I have a different opinion. Because he didn't come out and call Edwards gay, or complain to the media, or any of the other things he did in the past, I guess he is getting a free pass.

I thought his effort was abysmal. I think that our QBs looked worse than they are, hard to do, by having to force 15 throws his direction every game, only for him to give a half-assed effort in trying to make a catch. He also dropped several would-be TD's.

People want to praise him because he didn't reduce himself to a ranting lunatic in a presser, then so be it. I don't think he added anything to this team. I know there is a lot of Evan's haters that will disagree, but if we would have thrown those balls to Lee, he would have been in the Pro Bowl.

Lee isn't as big as TO, but he is faster, has better hands, and sure as **** gives a ton more effort. I do acknowledge that TO is/was a great receiver, but his effort last year didn't impress me. I am glad we moved on.

Im with ya all the way. TO has always given up the plays when they were over or under thrown. The real good receivers become great defenders in that position. He almost never does.

You're stuck at "he led the team in receiving"--again, big deal. Evans/Reed, TO/Evans. They finished with their worst record in 4 years and, again, at the bottom of the AFCE. Their passing performance was worse than 2008 in almost any metric you can measure.

Yet TO had an impact that was well worth $6.5 million----because he made Buffalo "relevant"?? Because of the anticipated media circus? Because the press portrayed both parties as desperate and somewhat sad? And of course the press lost interest in TO when all they had to cover was his mediocre season. But the "relevance" remained??

For the last time, I was not "expecting TO to be a one-man offense" (you are a great slayer of straw men, not so much when it comes to actual arguments). Never said that. In fact, I made clear that I didn't expect all the magical things many here were sure would happen as soon as TO put on the uniform--an amazing rippling effect that would impact our QB(s), our young WRs, Lee Evans (i read it right here--TO and Evans will be the best WR duo in the league), our DBs...etc. It never happened.

I did say Peters sucked in 2008. But he was better than Walker. It would therefore lack sense to cry over the loss of the latter. Think it through, doc.

LOL! If only you'd done that with your "someone had to catch those passes" line! And continued utterance of it.

Leading receiver, doc. At less money than Evans. There is no way to spin this, even though you're "desperately" trying to do so by talking about the output of the entire offense, which consists of 10 other players. Hence the "one man offense" comment.

And yes, the Bills became relevant. After the initial silliness over the alleged "desperation" by both parties, the Bills were talked about again and Buffalo didn't look like the Siberia people thought.

But why you continue to care about the money, when it's not yours, the Bills weren't close to the cap, and didn't prevent the Bills from getting anyone else (who obviously would have been worth it, eh?), is anyone's guess. No wait, I know: it's because you have nothing else. You'd be better off directing your hate at the real criminals, cheaters, and non-HOF bound players you feel TO dissed, who don't play for the Bills. But we all know why that will never happen.

People want to praise him because he didn't reduce himself to a ranting lunatic in a presser, then so be it. I don't think he added anything to this team. I know there is a lot of Evan's haters that will disagree, but if we would have thrown those balls to Lee, he would have been in the Pro Bowl.

Lee wouldn't have been able to see them because of the blanket coverage he never gets free from. Please, TO dropped more balls than we would have liked (zero), but let's not get silly. Our WR corps is FAR weaker without him in there right now.

I think he never got an offer because Chan hates him. Pretty sure he was coaching Dallas when TO pulled his standing on the Star thing.

Lee wouldn't have been able to see them because of the blanket coverage he never gets free from. Please, TO dropped more balls than we would have liked (zero), but let's not get silly. Our WR corps is FAR weaker without him in there right now.

I think he never got an offer because Chan hates him. Pretty sure he was coaching Dallas when TO pulled his standing on the Star thing.

It could be that +/- Nix and TO didn't get along when Nix was TO's college coach (although reportedly they buried the hatchet awhile ago). Also, I could see not re-signing him if they're completely writing-off the year and want to get the younger guys their reps in in a rebuilding year. But if they think there's any chance to compete, he'd be worth adding to the team.

LOL! If only you'd done that with your "someone had to catch those passes" line! And continued utterance of it.

Leading receiver, doc. At less money than Evans. There is no way to spin this, even though you're "desperately" trying to do so by talking about the output of the entire offense, which consists of 10 other players. Hence the "one man offense" comment.

And yes, the Bills became relevant. After the initial silliness over the alleged "desperation" by both parties, the Bills were talked about again and Buffalo didn't look like the Siberia people thought.

But why you continue to care about the money, when it's not yours, the Bills weren't close to the cap, and didn't prevent the Bills from getting anyone else (who obviously would have been worth it, eh?), is anyone's guess. No wait, I know: it's because you have nothing else. You'd be better off directing your hate at the real criminals, cheaters, and non-HOF bound players you feel TO dissed, who don't play for the Bills. But we all know why that will never happen.

So the value of TO was essentially as a gimmick to make you feel better about Buffalo. Fine--if you feel that is worth any amount of money, I can't dispute your feelings.

829 yards, 55 catches. Leading receiver--on the Bills. Wow. Look, Evans/Reed/Royal were as productive as TO/Evans/Reed. That's what it comes down to. If we had not added TO there would have been no change in the passing offense. Reed would have been our "leading receiver", as usual. What's hard about this?

The players TO dissed essentially are Garcia and McNabb. I don't think that either will go to the HOF, but I don't know that either is a cheat or a criminal.

Sure it's not my money, nor is it any fan's money, directly. That doesn't stop any or all of us (even you, DR. selective memory) from commenting on whether we think a team is wasting money on a player. What a bizarre comment to make...

link

He spends half the article saying that NFL teams have no problem with his character, yet blames the media for his unemployment--because they disparage his character.

He's not very bright.

I agree with him. He never has off the field problems, is always in good shape... one little thing and the media (ESPN) blows it way out of proportion. For being part of a crappy offense last year his numbers weren't bad.

I agree with him. He never has off the field problems, is always in good shape... one little thing and the media (ESPN) blows it way out of proportion. For being part of a crappy offense last year his numbers weren't bad.

Which TO do you agree with? The one who says that teams have no problem with his character or the one who says the media's portrayal of his character is negatively influencing those same teams and thus preventing them form hiring him.

He doesn't seem to realize that these are mutually exclusive positions.

And what was that "one little thing" that the media blew out of proportion and ruined TO?

So the value of TO was essentially as a gimmick to make you feel better about Buffalo. Fine--if you feel that is worth any amount of money, I can't dispute your feelings.

829 yards, 55 catches. Leading receiver--on the Bills. Wow. Look, Evans/Reed/Royal were as productive as TO/Evans/Reed. That's what it comes down to. If we had not added TO there would have been no change in the passing offense. Reed would have been our "leading receiver", as usual. What's hard about this?

The players TO dissed essentially are Garcia and McNabb. I don't think that either will go to the HOF, but I don't know that either is a cheat or a criminal.

Sure it's not my money, nor is it any fan's money, directly. That doesn't stop any or all of us (even you, DR. selective memory) from commenting on whether we think a team is wasting money on a player. What a bizarre comment to make...

Very good, doc. Had TO not been on the team last year, someone else obviously would have been the leading receiver. Even if he had, say, 40 catches (which could have been possible without a real #2 WR and the general offensive ineptitude displayed last year). The reality is however is that TO WAS on the team and WAS the leading receiver. And he played for less than what Evans made. That's an impact, regardless of how deperately you try to spin it.

Now obviously the offense as a whole sucked, for the reasons already discussed. But again, there are 10 other guys, along with a coordinator, who as a group had a much larger part in the offense's failures than anything TO did or didn't do. Most everyone sees this.

Yes I liked the attention TO brought to Buffalo. I was curious to see what he'd say about it, given he'd played in much larger markets, as well as if he'd "blow up," like you said he would (and then spun, when he didn't. Forget those Powerball numbers). He was surprisingly complimentary to the region and didn't cause any problems.

And a 1-year, $6.5M deal wasn't going to hamstring the Bills. If I've criticized teams for what they've spent on players, it's the long-term, high-bonus contracts. That's the difference.

Another one? Season 2 of his old one, premiers this Sunday, back to back with the OchoCinco show...seriously.

TO was "great" in Buffalo, by his own admission, because Dick Jauron allowed him to do what he wanted, when he wanted. Not the kind of guy you want around, when you are re-building with young players. He may still have some game, and I will be surprised if he isn't on a roster in 2010. I am saying the Titans.

http://www.terrellowens.com/

thanks Buftex!!! i honestly didnt know. so busy when i get home. watching world cup and movies when i get a break.

cool. i will set the dvr.