Would you take the bills to win the super bowl at 120:1?

really aren't the odds more like 1 in 32? I know that's not the way it works but they really are 1 in 32.

They're playing football out there every Sunday, not headsy-tailsy. There are some factors beyond random chance in terms of who wins the games each week.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants to put money on the Bills winning the Super Bowl this year I will take all bets big or small. I will even email you a little ticket you can keep and show your pals.

I will give you 1,000,000:1 Odds.

Thats means $20 will get you $20,000,000. Not a bad return

Please respond to this thread for my PayPal information.

:thumbsup:

Promo the Robot posted the vegas odds:

http://www2.vegas.com/gaming/futures/

I would bet against dallas, considering these odds.

If you are going to bet on the Bills winning the SB this season, whatever the odds, take that money and instead donate it to the homeless shelter of the city you live in. You'll feel much better that way. Or, simply take the money and throw it out your window at 65 MPH. That will give the same feeling as betting the Bills will, EMPTY. :thumbsup:

I'll put it this way - I'd much sooner put down $100 on one number of a 120 number roulette wheel than put a single dollar on the Bills winning the super bowl this season.

In reality, the odds of a super bowl victory for Buffalo in 2010 are closer to the suggested many thousands to one. There will still be plenty of people willing to donate $20 to the cause (enough people to allow Vegas to make a hefty profit). With that amount of money, it feels like there's nothing to lose and much to gain but really it's just throwing $20 down the toilet. That's how Vegas works.

If you're going to bet on a team to win it all, you're better off choosing a team with a good chance to do so no matter what the odds Vegas gives them. You still must weigh in risk versus reward due to the odds but choose a quality team.

I am very confused. So the majority of respondents are saying they would only bet money if the odds were even more remote? The odds of losing are not great enough to risk a dollar at 120:1. only for a much greater probability of losing that dollar would many risk that dollar...YIKES. Now I know they say the lottery is just a tax on people who are bad at math.

It is risk versus reward. I don't care what oddsmakers say, I think the Bills realistically have no chance this year, but it is not impossible. So the reward would have to be pretty great (considerably more than $120 for my $1 bet) for me to consider taking the risk.

Actually you kind of proved the "bad at math" argument :thumbsup:

If the odds were 1000 to one for the Bills to make the playoffs, wildcard or other, I still wouldn't make the bet. I would rather keep the buck and buy a McDonald coffee than throw away the dollar on a loser bet.

If the odds were 1000 to one for the Bills to make the playoffs, wildcard or other, I still wouldn't make the bet. I would rather keep the buck and buy a McDonald coffee than throw away the dollar on a loser bet.

1000:1 to make the wildcard or better? I'd put $20 on that. We get lucky and I make 20 grand, nice. If not I'm out the price of a few beers at a sports bar. Yeah, sign me up for that bet. Risk versus reward baybeeeee :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to put money on the Bills winning the Super Bowl this year I will take all bets big or small. I will even email you a little ticket you can keep and show your pals.

I will give you 1,000,000:1 Odds.

Thats means $20 will get you $20,000,000. Not a bad return

Please respond to this thread for my PayPal information.

:rolleyes:

I will .... as soon as you show me proof that you can come up with the 20 mil cash :nana:

The only reason I would bet them to win the SB is if I REALLY thought they had a good shot to make the playoffs. Then, if the made the playoffs, I would hedge against them to make my money. Winning the SB should be more like 200-1 imo.

your avatar and especially the words

"better owner than ralph"

is hilarious. because its probably true!!!

i bet every season like the first 10 weeks only. once the bills start sucking, my gambling loses interest.... dont know if any one else is like that...

i usually put in at least 1 wild bet (just in case), every other week or so.

so once i log in i'll take that retarded bet. you never know right???

I never bet on them to win the Superbowl (heck, they couldn't do it in the early 90s run), but I usually do put $5-$10 down on them to win the AFC. I haven't checked what the odds are on that yet though.

I will .... as soon as you show me proof that you can come up with the 20 mil cash :nana:

Hey if people want to give their money away, why not give it away to another Bills fan instead of Las Vegas.

:nana:

I can use the last 15 years of Bills' history as proof that I won't need the 20 mil.

:rolleyes:

1000:1 to make the wildcard or better? I'd put $20 on that. We get lucky and I make 20 grand, nice. If not I'm out the price of a few beers at a sports bar. Yeah, sign me up for that bet. Risk versus reward baybeeeee :thumbsup:

I still wouldn't make that bet, even if the $20 was luckily found on the sidewalk. Drinking a couple of beers in a joint is better than peeeeing it away on an impossibility. :thumbsup:

I never bet on them to win the Superbowl (heck, they couldn't do it in the early 90s run), but I usually do put $5-$10 down on them to win the AFC. I haven't checked what the odds are on that yet though.

Astronomical, and then square it and square it again ten times over. Keep the money and buy a frapacinno. :thumbsup: