Bills | Brian Brohm believes he is ready to be the Bills starter...

You made my point for me Bill. What do we get when Brohm goes in? You have already declared him the starter and the next best QB since Payten Manning.

i'm lost what was your point?

I never said he was the next best thing since manning, dont put words in my mouth, keep it civil.

What i said is that IMO, Brohm has the ability to be a very good QB, he has the physical tools and now, with renewed confidence and being comfortable with the system, he is the odds on favorite to win the starting job.

Do i think we have a better chance to win with Brohm over trent, ABSOLUTELY

do i think brohm will make the pro bowl? No, but he has the ability to

what does brohm bring to the table that trent doesnt? a better arm and the willingness to stretch the field, thats for sure.

this is all my opinion, which I am certainly entitled to have, is it a guarentee, no of course not, but i WILL TAKE BETS.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm lost what was your point?

I never said he was the next best thing since manning, dont put words in my mouth, keep it civil.

What i said is that IMO, Brohm has the ability to be a very good QB, he has the physical tools and now, with renewed confidence and being comfortable with the system, he is the odds on favorite to win the starting job.

what does brohm bring to the table that trent doesnt? a better arm and the willingness to stretch the field, thats for sure.

this is all my opinion, which I am certainly entitled to have, is it a guarentee, no of course not, but i WILL TAKE BETS.

Sorry about the Manning remark.

My point I was trying to make is I don't think we really know what Brohm brings to the table. Thus far, it has been little to none.

IMO, he will have his chance very soon if not start.

Sorry about the Manning remark.

My point I was trying to make is I don't think we really know what Brohm brings to the table. Thus far, it has been little to none.

IMO, he will have his chance very soon if not start.

You are correct, we dont know how he will play in a real game yet. I'm more so speaking about what he physically brings to the table, which is a better arm, definitely and the ability to stretch the field (if you saw any UL games you see the evidence). Thus far as a professional, he has done zilch, which is entirely on him, no doubts about that, however, if indeed the new system is like what he ran at UL, we will see his ability very soon. this guy was a top recruit coming out of HS, a top College player, and a highly touted draft prospect for a reason, he's got the goods.

Only a few more weeks till we get to find out if all this chatter means anything.

This is all a little too pro-Brohm for me, especially considering his failures in the league to date. It's not like he's been injured an unable to play thus far; he's been unable to get on the field because of performance issues. He says he has confidence now...so we take him at his word that all of a sudden his confidence is fully renewed? Slow down. He's been an absolute mess in the pre-season games and the single regular season game he's played in (and don't give me that crap about pre-season being meaningless - it's more meaningful than college since at least in pre-season he's playing against NFL talent and not in some gimmicky spread offense against the lowly Big East).

Brohm has not shown that he has a stronger arm. He has not shown he is more willing to stretch the field. He does not necessarily give us a better chance to win. You are correct that it is your opinion and of course you are entitled to it, but if that's the case you shouldn't be stating it as absolute truth.

I think it's all irrelevant as I'm starting to strongly believe that our QB of the future is not currently on our roster.

This is all a little too pro-Brohm for me, especially considering his failures in the league to date. It's not like he's been injured an unable to play thus far; he's been unable to get on the field because of performance issues. He says he has confidence now...so we take him at his word that all of a sudden his confidence is fully renewed? Slow down. He's been an absolute mess in the pre-season games and the single regular season game he's played in (and don't give me that crap about pre-season being meaningless - it's more meaningful than college since at least in pre-season he's playing against NFL talent and not in some gimmicky spread offense against the lowly Big East).

Brohm has not shown that he has a stronger arm. He has not shown he is more willing to stretch the field. He does not necessarily give us a better chance to win. You are correct that it is your opinion and of course you are entitled to it, but if that's the case you shouldn't be stating it as absolute truth.

I think it's all irrelevant as I'm starting to strongly believe that our QB of the future is not currently on our roster.

ok let me clarify, based on what ive seen, brohm has the better arm and has shown the ability and willingness to stretch the field (college).

Our qb of the future may not be on the roster, but I'm holding out hope that Brohm is that man.

As someone who works with 22-26 year old people, i am amazed at how immature this age group is as a whole. Brohm may need time to mature. Not sure he wins the job or not, but could explain why he buckled in GB.

GB usually has QB's pegged.

You misunderstood. Not everybody is a Clausen fan because not everybody is convinced he is a franchise QB.

Therefore, the level of optimism really wouldn't be that much different.

To clarify, that would be the same way regardless of who the Bills drafted as QB (i.e. Tebow, etc).

The lone exception may have been (and let me emphasize the "may have been") Bradford. And that would be due to the fact he was the only guy the Bills FO liked as a potential immediate starter.

I don't think the board (as a majority) would have slammed the guy, but I do think the majority of the board would have taken the attitude of "before we get excited, let's see him in action".

Following that same logic, we hasn't the board done this with Briam Brohm. Clausen has no NFL track and and Brohm's track record thus far is......well you know...

Guess, I am having a hard time understanding the "brohm" hype?

Guest dog14787
How do you figure?

Green Bay's ability to draft/sign quality QB's speaks for itself, Aaron Rodgers is one of the best up and coming QB's in the NFL.

I'm not saying since they released Brohm he's not up to par with their idea of what makes a good QB , actually just the opposite. If we had to pick a QB up off the practice squad from another team, Green Bay would probably be one of the better organizations to obtain a QB from because their ability to evaluate QB's has been proven in the NFL.

Contrary to what some folks think, Green Bay did not want to give up Brian Brohm.

Green Bay's ability to draft/sign quality QB's speaks for itself, Aaron Rodgers is one of the best up and coming QB's in the NFL.

I'm not saying since they released Brohm he's not up to par with their idea of what makes a good QB , actually just the opposite. If we had to pick a QB up off the practice squad from another team, Green Bay would probably be one of the better organizations to obtain a QB from because their ability to evaluate QB's has been proven in the NFL.

Contrary to what some folks think, Green Bay did not want to give up Brian Brohm.

:thumbsup:

GB usually has QB's pegged.

Ingle Martin, Craig Nall, Kyle Wachholtz, Jay Barker, Ty Detmer, Anthony Dilweg, and Jeff Graham all say hi. Green Bay may have hit with a fair number of QB's over the years, but they've missed just as many as they've hit with. FWIW, Matt Flynn doesn't look all that good right now either. Plus, since Holmgren left in 1998 they really haven't hit on any except for Rodgers.

Please, they knew what they were doing by placing a highly-touted QB on the practice squad. It was a matter of time before he got plucked on reputation alone.

I'm all for rooting for whomever gets the nod, but this Brohm 'fever' is bordering on pathetic.

Following that same logic, we hasn't the board done this with Briam Brohm. Clausen has no NFL track and and Brohm's track record thus far is......well you know...

Unless I am mistaken about number of people who partake of this board, but IMHO, I think the majority of the board has taken a wait and see attitude regarding Brohm.

There is a small faction of BB supporters who seem to be quite visible (vocal), but they are not the majority of the board.

Guess, I am having a hard time understanding the "brohm" hype?

Can't speak for everybody, but I have seen posts similar to mine.

I am willing to buy into the BS the Brohm supporters are pushing, only because it's the only hope I have.

Fitzpatrick is a back up at best (and should be retained as such).

Trent has numerous issues, and I have serious doubts he will overcome all (or enough) of them to be a truly effective QB. If he does, fine. I will have no problem with it.

In short, I want BB only because he's not Fitz or Edwards.

Of course, I reserve the right change my mind as TC and preseason moves along.