I'd like to do this

Just Jack

but I could only afford a Honda Fit if I sold everything....

I Sold Everything To Buy A Lamborghini And Drive Across The Country

Richard Jordan had everything he was told to want: cars, a new house, and a fiancee. Then his fiancee left him. So he sold everything, bought a Lamborghini Gallardo and set out across America.

That guy is pretty cool. Touring the country in a volkswagen bus might be a more affordable alternative for the masses. Or at least a Lotus, at a third of the price.

This begs the question: what would you use as a grand touring car?

That guy is pretty cool. Touring the country in a volkswagen bus might be a more affordable alternative for the masses. Or at least a Lotus, at a third of the price.

This begs the question: what would you use as a grand touring car?

Ha! I toured x-country in a 1968 VW van outfitted as a camper when I was 19 back in 1978. It wouldn't turn over once it got heated up so we ended up push starting it across the country. We thought it had 46,000 miles when we bought it - later found out it was 146,000.

Past two years did cross-country in my buddy's 2005 Corvette convertible. Didn't push start it once! Nice ride!

Awesome. Man I wished I had a vette last time I flogged an old ford econoline through the sawtooth mountains of Idaho.

Two years ago we did a Route 66 trip and came home through Colorado. Independence Pass heading east toward Denver was amazing...12,000 feet. This past year, we did a northern route through the Dakotas (not Fanning) and went to Yellowstone. Beartooth Pass drops into the park from the northeast and is stunning. That's around 11,000 feet. This country has some amazing landscapes.

Note to trolls: please do not criticize my choice of vacation spots and point out their weaknesses.

That route out of Yellowstone is just awesome.

I got lost and took that old econoline 30 miles down an old ranch road until I found Goblin Valley State park. I am sure glad I did. http://photosandsuch.wordpress.com/2007/10...rk-the-goblins/

I am a big google earth fan too.

Southern Utah is my favorite place I have ever visited. Wish I knew about Goblin last time I was out there. Nothing better than just touring around and stumbling onto something amazing like Goblin Valley. hope you took pics!

The coolest place I visited in southern Utah was the Wave. Took me two days to win the lottery and get one of the 20 passes they give out each morning. Simply amazing. The Wave

Sounds like that Econoline has some good trips on it!

I am impressed with the wave and the entire area. Paraih canyon might be a good backpack. I think a 4x4 trip through Canyonlands would be pretty awesome. Damn, youre getting me excited to go again.

I just got back from kayaking Lake Lila in theAdirondacks this weekend. Less than half of the campsites were full, which means that the rest of the world is crazy.

I am impressed with the wave and the entire area. Paraih canyon might be a good backpack. I think a 4x4 trip through Canyonlands would be pretty awesome. Damn, youre getting me excited to go again.

I just got back from kayaking Lake Lila in theAdirondacks this weekend. Less than half of the campsites were full, which means that the rest of the world is crazy.

In 2006 I hiked the Paria all the way into the confluence with Buckskin Gulch. 20 miles roundtrip as a day hike. Was beautiful...went up the Buckskin a couple miles too.

Did Canyonlands the year before that. Island in the Sky is pretty impressive!

I need to get into the Adirondacks more...so close and hardly ever go out there; I'm in Syracuse. A quiet lake3 to float around on sounds pretty damn good about now.

Can you beat Canyonlands? I dont know. The Copper Canyon of Mexico was pretty sweet. I would fly in to mexico, ride the train in to Chihuahua, rent a motorcycle for nothing, and just get nice and tranquilo. I went halfway because you can buy any drug without a prescription. I actually got snowed in the week I was there. Needless to say, they dont have snowplows.

http://www.onceinalifetimejourneys.com/Mex...Train/Trip.html is a fair description of the trip, if you havent been.

Can you beat Canyonlands? I dont know. The Copper Canyon of Mexico was pretty sweet. I would fly in to mexico, ride the train in to Chihuahua, rent a motorcycle for nothing, and just get nice and tranquilo. I went halfway because you can buy any drug without a prescription. I actually got snowed in the week I was there. Needless to say, they dont have snowplows.

http://www.onceinalifetimejourneys.com/Mex...Train/Trip.html is a fair description of the trip, if you havent been.

Ha...my only experience with Mexico was about two hours in Tijuana while I was in San Diego for a conference. We ended up walking back to the US through the border crossing. Never again! I'll stick with Canada and the US for my North American vacations B-) I'll check out the link though.....

Yeah, this is pretty far removed from Tijuana.

I could do Mexico from a train...that looks like a really nice excursion. Have thought of doing the train trip in Alaska with the nice clear dome roof and great views.....

I loved Alaska. Everything is bigger there. You wont see the stars through the dome roof, of course, because it is light at night all summer.

I did Denali, toured the fjords, watched the whales, and saw the seals.

I loved Alaska. Everything is bigger there. You wont see the stars through the dome roof, of course, because it is light at night all summer.

I did Denali, toured the fjords, watched the whales, and saw the seals.

Man, you get around! You on the lam or something? :wallbash:B-)