Last time we were this stocked at RB??

I really like our RB roster. It is strong fast and dynamic. I am looking forward to what Gailey can do with them. However, a little scared about teams stacking the box and taking to run away from us. Nevertheless, it's hard for me not to be upbeat about our running backs. They could be scary good.

1990 backfield:

Kenny Davis

Don Smith

Thurman Thomas

Jamie Mueller

Carwell Gardner

Larry Kinnebrew

How did that team even lose a game?? I'd plan on brighter days with Marshawn / Freddie / CJ carrying the party tray.

Depends on what you mean by "stocked". If you mean a lot of quality RBs, I would argue that we are more stocked TODAY. Outside of Thurman, our current RBs are probably better than all of the other RBs above. Kenny was a good change of pace back, but I could probably argue that Jackson, Lynch and Spiller are all better RBs. Spiller still needs to prove it, but I'm betting he will have the best career out of our current group of RBs.

Problem is, you could have 5 starting RBs, but you can't get them all 20 carries a game. I'd rather have one Thurman with a Kenny as backup, than three pretty good RBs.

1990 backfield:

Kenny Davis

Don Smith

Thurman Thomas

Jamie Mueller

Carwell Gardner

Larry Kinnebrew

How did that team even lose a game?? I'd plan on brighter days with Marshawn / Freddie / CJ carrying the party tray.

If you're going to include Fullbacks, then the 2010 edition (going into camp) is:

CJ Spiller

Fred Jackson

Marshawn Lynch

Joique Bell

Corey McIntyre

Chad Simpson

Rodney Ferguson

The last two are cuts IMO.

I think we're better off now than ever simply because we've got Jackson, who if you want to compare to players of old just last year made 4th all time all purpose yards. I know that includes returns, but you've all seen him make things out of nothing, and there's no denying he's really good at every aspect of being a RB. Then you've got Lynch, who although isn't as fast, seems to have an almost superhuman drive that kicks in near the endzone. When he gets a whiff of it he looks like a beast. Now we're speculating on Spiller, but if he's as fast and shifty as Lynch is tough, then we've got a combination of all the types of things you'd want out of a backfield - and we can put that all in the backfield at the same time with just two guys - Spiller and Lynch, for instance, can give you fullback type toughness for a few yard gain, or lightning quick swing or screen. Jackson and Spiller give you equal amount RB and WR. So, that is my reasoning.

And we don't even have the threat of a Jim Kelly passing or the quality of the O-line blocking. These last few years have been like Berry Sanders in Detroit bad.

1990 backfield:

Kenny Davis

Don Smith

Thurman Thomas

Jamie Mueller

Carwell Gardner

Larry Kinnebrew

Kinnebrew didn't last very long that year. The funny part was when the Bills waived him, there was a cartoon in the Buffalo News with the owners of his favorite places to eat mourning his departure.

Kinnebrew didn't last very long that year. The funny part was when the Bills waived him, there was a cartoon in the Buffalo News with the owners of his favorite places to eat mourning his departure.

LOL, I forgot about that.

On paper....never. If the line can just learn to block.

Jin, good point about the line but I am not concerned with the OL after reading all the comments here. (sarcastic comment) According to many our OL is more than adequate and we have coach Gailey who is an "offensive magician." West coast offense, zone blocking schemes, and Spiller who only needs a crack to break free. No worries dude.

I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge RB potential, that has ever been gathered at the White House One Bills Drive - with the possible exception of when Thurman Thomas Jefferson dined alone.

I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge RB potential, that has ever been gathered at the White House One Bills Drive - with the possible exception of when Thurman Thomas Jefferson dined alone.

Great post, I am laughing my butt off....

Just coming up with brilliance like this made my day, thanks.

If you're going to include Fullbacks, then the 2010 edition (going into camp) is:

CJ Spiller

Fred Jackson

Marshawn Lynch

Joique Bell

Corey McIntyre

Chad Simpson

Rodney Ferguson

The last two are cuts IMO.

Did they cut Joique Bell already?