Bass Pro to sign deal for Memphis TN Pyramid

G-Daddy

Moved to Memphis over 10 years ago and have watched Bass Pro deal with both cities. Looks like they will finally sign the deal to take over the Pyramid and wonder how this might affect the negotiations in Buffalo.

Link:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/...term-lease-pyr/

For what it's worth

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/16/1052...sign-lease.html

Why does Bass pro get all of this attention and free press? They are just an oversized sporting goods store when your really get down to it.

Because they have a good PR person?

What will come first, Bass Pro being built in Buffalo over the old Aud, the next Bills playoff win, or Darcy Regier actually siging a Free Agent not picked up in the Bargain Bin?

I too don't get why Bass Pro is going to be this huge saviour, it is just an oversized outdoors store that will bring a bunch of minimum wage jobs to the city

What will come first, Bass Pro being built in Buffalo over the old Aud, the next Bills playoff win, or Darcy Regier actually siging a Free Agent not picked up in the Bargain Bin?

I too don't get why Bass Pro is going to be this huge saviour, it is just an oversized outdoors store that will bring a bunch of minimum wage jobs to the city

Being involved in various community develop discussions over the years, when towns are trying to lure stores and retail outlets into an area it helps to have something to build off off. You get Bass Pro and then they have something to hold up and say... see this is a viable business/shopping area, essentially trying to leverage that to get other retailers. Then you try and get a domino effect of businesses and area improvments.

At least that's the thought in many of the City Councils I've been privy to. It doesn't necessarily mean one leads to the other; but its what they're trying to do. I would guess.

Everyone has to get their payola in line. The state has to divide several hundred million (yes, you read that correctly) among a few different interests. That all takes a long time.