Jags to L.A

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never was one of those people who feared the bills moving to LA. Moving to toronto now.... there is reason to worry there. But to be honest, I think the channces of the bills staying in buffalo after Ralph passes are higher than their chance of moving. Moving to another city could give the owners "more money." But there is also a risk in losing money while getting a new stadium, building a fan base, etc. It seems like a safer bet to just keep the team where it is where it already makes money and you don't have all the expenses of moving them somewhere else.

Mike Freeman of CBS is saying that the owner's are going to decide to move the Jags to most likely L.A in 2 or 3 years. Of course its not for sure, but I can definitely see that it could be true after going to the Bills v. Jags last year. No fan support and a badly located stadium.

One of the fans dint know who Paul Posluszny was, I know because I was wearing Poz's jersey. Said he never heard of him.

I think this bodes well for our future in Buffalo. Thoughts????

Nobody says the owners are going to decide to move the Jags, not even the author of this poorly conceived article. They can't anyway.

The owners had no problem awarding a team to Jax, not sure why they are disappointed, or surprised, with the performance of this town at this point.

The Roski deal is likely DOA. Yet another plan by another group is no more likely to succeed in getting a team to move AND build a new stadium.

They keep making excuses for Jax. Bad economy? boo-frickin'-hoo! Underrated fans? Huh? Those rednecks don't give a crap, plain and simple. Meanwhile Buffalo, a city in far far worse shape economically than Jax will ever be, keeps selling out RWS for a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in a decade. Cry me a river.

PTR

For once, I agree with you. ALL Florida fans are fair-wather. Take a look at a Fin game sometime. Lots of people dressed as empty seats unless the Jets are in town.

Yeah, but how much do those tickets cost? Is anyone paying $100+ to see a high school game? With beer and parking and there are 2 or more of you, maybe $500 eight times a year (or maybe 9)?

Let's get real about these comparisons. It's not a simple question of "football interest" -- of course there's more "football interest" in Buffalo than Jax or LA. It's money. Compare what the other three teams in the AFC East can collect (even MIA) to Buffalo.

And consider this:

Ralph's team has no debt service (that's another kind of "football interest" -- look at Dan Snyder and what the Jets are doing with PSL's). When he dies someone will buy the Bills for nine figures. Whoever that is will not sink all-cash into the team but will borrow some of the purchase money. Every NFL team buyer in at least a generation has done that so don't pretend it won't happen to the Bills franchise.

So this cash-poor team in an unrich community will have to generate another eight figures a year of cash flow -- "another" meaning in addition to the cash flow it has now -- just to stay as cash-poor as it is today.

I love the Bills but that's why I just don't understand how the team can stay in Buffalo after Ralph dies.

UNLESS (a huge "unless") there's no place to move to that will offer the new owner a sweeter deal. Like Baltimore and St. Louis did to get the Browns and Rams. If San Antonio or OKC or Las Vegas or Portland or Anchorage or Beijing or Dusseldorf or Podunk wants to put up the cash . . .

You are right. I thought of ticket prices after I posted that. Obviously, that comparison doesn't hold water. The point still remains that foolsball is HUGE in Oklahoma. And you know this, man.

I certainly do not want the Bills to move anywhere. This thread is about Jacksonville moving to LA. I think Oklahoma would support a team at least as well as Los Angeles. Yes, we are relatively small market, but there are not two other teams competing for market share like they have in FL and CA. Oklahoma's economy is far more stable than Florida, especially northern Florida, and my feeling is that we would no doubt support a team better than LA.

May the Bills forever reside in Buffalo. Amen.

GO BILLS!!!!