Which is worse?

stevestojan

Which is the worse offense?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the worse offense?

• Pete Rose Gambling on Baseball
    • Giambi cheating by using steroids

i vote rose because i am a bigger yankee fan that i was a reds fan. actually i would gravitate towards the gambling becuase that could directly affect baseball game outcomes where as with steroids, you still have to have the talent to hit the ball.

Giambi used all kinds of "performance enancing" drugs. Steroids, Testosterone, Human Growth Hormones. Who knows what else. The guy was a walking chemical set. He should be banned for life. At the least, suspended for a year and the Yankees should be able to cut him and save the $120 million left on his contract without any penalty.

Using steroids makes those fly outs to the warning track become home runs. It makes those weak base hits up the middle turn into doubles in the gap. Obviously, you have to really have the talent to begin with to be able to hit to make the majors but steroids adds distance to those hits. More HR's, doubles & RBI's adds up to more money at contract time. Giambi is a scumbag. So is Bonds.

Tough choice, but after thinking about it I have to say Rose's gambling for three reasons:

1) Giambi fundamentally only hurt himself with this. Rose's gambling while in a position to make decisions that had direct implications on his gambling was a potential stain on the entire sport.

2) The long-term health penalty Giambi is likely to pay for taking that crap is FAR worse than anything Pete Rose has faced.

3) Giambi at least had the balls to stand up and admit it, as opposed to Rose's attitude of victimization.

Rose is worse...I'm still pissed that he screwed up Ray Fosse's career in the All-Star game...Ray was never the same after that...

Pete in the Hall of Fame ?? sure...let him pay the admission fee like everyone else