Everybody knows all you gotta do is wear a tin foil hat

Beerball

http://www.cancermonthly.com/blog/2007/12/...cellphones.html

Cell Phones Increase the Risk of Two Types of Brain Tumor According to Study

By Cancer Monthly on December 10, 2007 9:17 AM

Using mobile phones for more than 10 years gives a consistent pattern of increased risk for at least two different types of brain tumors. This was the conclusion of a summary that reviewed sixteen other research studies from seven countries – USA, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, and Japan.(1)

Cell phones are more like radios than traditional telephones in your home. They emit low levels of radiofrequency energy (RF) in the microwave range while being used. They also emit very low levels of RF when in the stand-by mode. Using a cell phone can place the radiation antenna close to the user’s brain and this can lead to the absorption of comparatively large amounts of electromagnetic energy.

And then...

Study finds no brain tumor link with mobile phones

(Reuters) - A very large, 30-year study of just about everyone in Scandinavia shows no link between cellphone use and brain tumors, researchers reported on Thursday.

Health

Even though mobile telephone use soared in the 1990s and afterward, brain tumors did not become any more common during this time, the researchers reported in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.

Some activist groups and a few researchers have raised concerns about a link between cellphones and several kinds of cancer, including brain tumors, although years of research have failed to establish a connection.

"We did not detect any clear change in the long-term time trends in the incidence of brain tumors from 1998 to 2003 in any subgroup," Isabelle Deltour of the Danish Cancer Society and colleagues wrote.

Deltour's team analyzed annual incidence rates of two types of brain tumor -- glioma and meningioma -- among adults aged 20 to 79 from Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden from 1974 to 2003. These countries all have good cancer registries that keep a tally of known cancer cases.

This represented virtually the entire adult population of 16 million people, they said.

The first study is from 2007 and the second from Dec. 2009

Actually a tin foil hat acts as an antenna for radio waves, while decreasing most other frequencies.

So does that mean I should wear a tin foil hat over or under my stereo headphones while walking to

STOP all bleed overs that I get while listening to my favorite AM channel?

You would want to use the tin foil hat as a ground in a two-wire antenna, one of the wires being the ground, to reduce noise. A large antenna is more directionally sensitive, and will reduce bleed over.