Which Bills QB is most popular amongst fans right now?

MClem06

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick to run the team in 2010?

• Trent Edwards
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Brian Brohm
    • Levi Brown

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
There is a certain "element" of our fan base that like to cheer when one of our QBs gets hurt. They also did it with Rob Johnson. I have no use for these people.

I remember when I was at Giants Stadium to watch the Bills and Giants. A vocal group of Giants fans cheered when Kelly got hurt. I thought it was awful then and even worse when I heard our own "fans" cheer when Rob Johnson got hurt.

Again, I have absolutely no use for these "fans." I don't care who the player is or which team he plays for (but especially a player on your own team) -- you don't cheer when a player gets hurt.

I agree, its mind boggling how some folks can cheer when a player gets injured. :w00t:

I'm impressed with the way all of our QB's have looked up to this point. Voted TE of Course, but I like Brian Brohm and wouldn't mind seeing him with the starters during preseason to see how well he's coming along.

Fitz has had some impressive outing and and I see how unpopular he is with the fans, but Ryan Fitzpatrick is in this to win it.

There is a certain "element" of our fan base that like to cheer when one of our QBs gets hurt. They also did it with Rob Johnson. I have no use for these people.

I remember when I was at Giants Stadium to watch the Bills and Giants. A vocal group of Giants fans cheered when Kelly got hurt. I thought it was awful then and even worse when I heard our own "fans" cheer when Rob Johnson got hurt.

Again, I have absolutely no use for these "fans." I don't care who the player is or which team he plays for (but especially a player on your own team) -- you don't cheer when a player gets hurt.

I totally agree with you, those so called fans that would cheer for anyone getting hurt, much less someone on your own team is about as low and classless as a human being can get. There have been several players over the years, in different sports who I could not stand, hoped they sucked, but never cheered for them to get hurt. Every time Dan Marino threw an interception, a part of me inside threw a party, but I never hoped he got hurt. There is no place for dumbasses like those people that cheered when Edwards got hurt or when Rob Johnson got hurt, and trust me, in my opinion the world would have been a better place if the Bills never traded for Johnson, but don't cheer him to get hurt.

I like how coach Gailey has been so successful with other QB's who aren't half as talented as Edwards. There is a strong chance Gailey can "work his magic" and make Edwards a pro bowl caliber QB.

From here on out all positive thinking......

give my boy Edwards two years in a row with the same playbook, and an offensive line that isnt an abortion.........then say he sucks

Can do on point "A". Not so sure on point "B". We need an evasive QB that can handle jailbreaks and turn them into 10+ yard gains. Trent just doesn't seem to be the best option. Time will tell, but I hope Spiller may help. (Fingers crossed.)

Remember, too that this is Trent's last contract year. Anything less than a solid performance (injury) and he will be very shaky to be resigned as a starter.

I'm here and put my vote towards Fitz. True, he isn't that great of a passer, but he is leader, is football smart, and can make stuff happen, and he can play in a blizzard, all of which more important. Just look at the 2 Buffalo Bills records he holds, longest TD pass (98 yards) and longest run from scrimmage for a TD by QB (31). He got these because he executed and was willing to go for the jugular as opposed to a 2 yard pass to the RB.

And with Fitz under center, with the same team, same OL, same D, the Bills were 4-5. With the other guys 2-5. Winning is what counts, not tight spirals and a strong arm and "upside".

You forgot a KEY element. TO wanted to play catch with Fitz and not Trent. When a coach buckles to a players "wants". forgeddaboudit

Trent was playing well until Derek Schouman got hurt. (then Trent got hurt) When his outlet was gone ... think of the impact on Brady w/o Welker, the go to guy.

Schouman is expected to compete with Shawn Nelson for the starting job in training camp.

Your comments are on the mark about a certain faction who have no reluctance in demonstrating their ignorance. There have been many comments about wishing TE would get hurt so someone else would qb the team. He is the most unfairly vilified player on the team. Wanting someone else to start is part of being a fan and following a team. Wishing he would get hurt is not only inappropriate it is ugly.

When TE gets the starting job there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. I for one will be elated with that outcome.

Your comments are on the mark about a certain faction who have no reluctance in demonstrating their ignorance. There have been many comments about wishing TE would get hurt so someone else would qb the team. He is the most unfairly vilified player on the team. Wanting someone else to start is part of being a fan and following a team. Wishing he would get hurt is not only inappropriate it is ugly.

When TE gets the starting job there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. I for one will be elated with that outcome.

So you will be elated with a crap QB behind the helm? Typical...

And you'd rather have anyone but Trent?

2008 - 2nd round (25th pick) by the Green Bay Packers Brian Brohm - This guy has 1 game under his belt!!

ZERO games with the Packers and 1 game for Buffalo, a 31 to 3 loss against Atlanta. :rolleyes::P

Ryan Fitzpatrick in 10 games - 9 TD's 10 INT's 1442 passing yds and T.O.'s pet. 69.7 QB RTG Who had a "huge" game against Indy in the snow. Ryan Fitzpatrick threw three touchdown passes despite near whiteout conditions in the first half.

Trent Edwards in 6 games - 6 TD's 7 INT's 1169 passing yds and not T.O.'s pet. 73.8 QB RTG

I will certainly be supportive of the qb who wins out in the qb competition. I believe that it is going to be TE. But if Brohm or Fitz (heaven forbid) get the nod then so be it. That is what competition is all about. How else are you going to do it?

You mistakingly keep focusing on the past performances. That's a wrong approach to take. This is a new regime requiring the players to compete to EARN their way onto the roster and for playing time. You keeping harping on the past locking in your opinion without allowing certain players to prove they are better than the other ranked players.

What I don't understand about you BASHERS is why are you so afraid of letting a qb competition run its course? If TE is as bad as you make him out to be then not only won't he start but he won't even be on the roster.

Trust me, Trent Edwards is going to be the starting qb for the Bills this year. Is he our long term franchise qb? I can't now answer that question. There have been plenty of qbs in this league who were prematurely declared failures to later demonstrate that they were not only good, but were superlative qbs. Kurt Warner, Garcia and Young come to mind.

If Trent Edwards is going to fail then let him fail on the field. Making categorical pronouncements before the competition has played out is a foolish approach to take.

I like them to start the season with Brian Brohm. People forget that this guy would have been the first pick in the draft if he had come out following his junior year. I know he had a tough time of it in Green Bay, but the talent is there. Gailey can put him in a QB friendly system, similar to what the Patriots had Tom Brady in at the beginning of his career in which he is not relied upon to win you games, just make a couple of plays when need be and get comfortable being efficient in the offense. As he gets comfortable with running the offense, he will naturally be trusted more. He just needs to be managed and you might have a player.

If it isn't Brohm or if he doesn't work out, its Levi Brown's show. Why not? If they are having a bad year, what have they got to lose in playing him?

Popular? I'd say Levi Brown since he hasn't screwed up anything yet and is all potential. Oh, who would I want to start given the very little information available and the uncertainty ahead? That's different. ...Brohm? I'd like to see for myself how he performs. Right now I give him the edge over Trent because I want to see more of him.

Fitzpatrick seems to have the right mental side, but I'm not convinced he can get it where he's thinking. For Trent I think he's physically fine, but I'm not convinced on the mental side. I'm 1-2 Deer-in-headlights games from writing him off. Brown... well I'm not down on him in any way, except NFL experience.

:devil: This heading is very misleading ... there is a difference between most popular and which quarterback we think will be starting come September.

I agree that Levi has to be the most popular because he is a rookie who has not screwed up anything ... then Brohm for almost the same reason (I do not understand those who hate this guy who has never really done anything good or bad in a Bills' jersey yet), followed by Fitz and then Trent.

But if you are asking who will be starting in September ... my money is on Trent even though I'd like to see Brohm come through!

Well, how many games has he won? Show me the baby. And don't gimme any pitiful excuses like, "he hasn't played yet" or he "just needs a chance". Christ, how many excuses can you people make for this guy? Face it, he's a bust. That's why the Bills suck. Time to start over.

Mr Wonderful, is that you?

I totally agree with you, those so called fans that would cheer for anyone getting hurt, much less someone on your own team is about as low and classless as a human being can get. There have been several players over the years, in different sports who I could not stand, hoped they sucked, but never cheered for them to get hurt. Every time Dan Marino threw an interception, a part of me inside threw a party, but I never hoped he got hurt. There is no place for dumbasses like those people that cheered when Edwards got hurt or when Rob Johnson got hurt, and trust me, in my opinion the world would have been a better place if the Bills never traded for Johnson, but don't cheer him to get hurt.

I cheered when Tom Brady got hurt.

I think if polled the whole fan base, Brohm would like be the more popular choice to start because he has what the others dont have...potential.

Trent fans and Fitz fans can argue until they are blue in the face that these guys have potential to be better, and they both do. However, that potential is no where near as high as what Brohm offers.

That being said, I think that is where it is at today and that will grossly change once we get into pre season and see these guys play. At that point, the most popular guy will surely be the one moving the offense. And if none of them can, I think Brohm would still be the more popular choice again given that he has more upside by default because he just hasnt had any real time on the field yet.

But like I said, if one of the 3 can come out and show themself to be effective in Gaileys new offense, then that guy will be the fans bases poplular choice because right now the fan base isnt attached to any of these 3 guys.