nice to see the saints step up!

from PFT talk .com:"The team announced today that it will raffle off an authentic Super Bowl ring, with tickets going for just $2 a pop and proceeds going toward Gulf Coast renewal. So if you've always wanted a Super Bowl ring but you've come to the realization that you're probably not going to earn one as a player, this is your chance.

I could get on a soapbox here about how cleaning up the oil spill is supposed to be BP's responsibility, and the Saints shouldn't have to do things like this. But I won't.

Instead I'll just say that this is a great gesture by a team that has shown a great commitment to its community. It's stories like this that make it hard not to root for the saints".

from PFT talk .com:"The team announced today that it will raffle off an authentic Super Bowl ring, with tickets going for just $2 a pop and proceeds going toward Gulf Coast renewal. So if you've always wanted a Super Bowl ring but you've come to the realization that you're probably not going to earn one as a player, this is your chance.

I could get on a soapbox here about how cleaning up the oil spill is supposed to be BP's responsibility, and the Saints shouldn't have to do things like this. But I won't.

Instead I'll just say that this is a great gesture by a team that has shown a great commitment to its community. It's stories like this that make it hard not to root for the saints".

i thought the players on the saints who took the time to help during the gulf oil crisis was really a nice gesture. i sometimes wonder where are the same people i. e. george clooney, sean penn, etc, who couldnt help haitii fast enough! how about stepping it up for the U S A !.. good job saints!

i thought the players on the saints who took the time to help during the gulf oil crisis was really a nice gesture. i sometimes wonder where are the same people i. e. george clooney, sean penn, etc, who couldnt help haitii fast enough! how about stepping it up for the U S A !.. good job saints!

Totally agree about the Saints and their players!!! Well said and well done! :wallbash:

Totally disagree on your attitude toward the celebrities you mentioned. None of us can do everything and help everybody. If you want to be critical choose targets who help no one. Those people do some good. The fact that they choose a different good to work toward hardly makes them bad people.

I agree about the Saints, but Stars have been late to the releif party becuase BP, a foreign corporation, is directly to blame for this entire mess, and as charity work is in many ways a zero sum game, subtracting from worthy efforts to direct to anything that might ease the economic burden this mess caused is ridiculous.

I might feel different if I hadn't just seen that BP has sunk more money into adversitsing their releif effort and lobbying in DC in the past month than they have put towards cleaning up their mess.

Totally agree about the Saints and their players!!! Well said and well done! :wallbash:

Totally disagree on your attitude toward the celebrities you mentioned. None of us can do everything and help everybody. If you want to be critical choose targets who help no one. Those people do some good. The fact that they choose a different good to work toward hardly makes them bad people.

did not say they were bad people, just wondering where they are?, like i said, noble effort in haitii , how about the U. S , THATS ALL!

Totally agree about the Saints and their players!!! Well said and well done! :bag:

:thumbsup: I so agree with you ... I wonder where the Rush Limbaugh/Glenn Beck's :wallbash: of the world are when it comes time to actually help their fellow human beings. The BP/blind approval of drill drill drill disaster's costs are being paid for by BP (At least they are promising that and they have the money to do so.).

The celebrities who have stepped up to help the people of the world only have so much time and to create an event to raise monies for something that is already being paid for would be foolish. Too many Americans get so wrapped up in an anti-world attitude that it is not surprising when people in the world wonder about us. I am thankful for those rich and famous who do their best to help people in need wherever they may be.

But, going back to football ... I think it's great that Saints' players and management have stepped forward to help their neighbors. I do believe that players and teams have an obligation to give back to the communities that build their stadiums, pay their salaries, and support their teams. Whenever we get a player who is part of the community we the fans need to celebrate them even if their on-field abilities are not the greatest. Buffalo has benefited from many Bills and Sabres players who do more than collect a pay check. :worthy:

:bag: I so agree with you ... I wonder where the Rush Limbaugh/Glenn Beck's :wallbash: of the world are when it comes time to actually help their fellow human beings. The BP/blind approval of drill drill drill disaster's costs are being paid for by BP (At least they are promising that and they have the money to do so.).

The celebrities who have stepped up to help the people of the world only have so much time and to create an event to raise monies for something that is already being paid for would be foolish. Too many Americans get so wrapped up in an anti-world attitude that it is not surprising when people in the world wonder about us. I am thankful for those rich and famous who do their best to help people in need wherever they may be.

But, going back to football ... I think it's great that Saints' players and management have stepped forward to help their neighbors. I do believe that players and teams have an obligation to give back to the communities that build their stadiums, pay their salaries, and support their teams. Whenever we get a player who is part of the community we the fans need to celebrate them even if their on-field abilities are not the greatest. Buffalo has benefited from many Bills and Sabres players who do more than collect a pay check. :thumbsup:

beck and limbaugh are in the same place the hollywood libs are!, NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!, IN ADDITION, why would the "usual suspects" , penn, madonna, bring attention to it. it may bring attention to obama, whom hollywood supported. GOOD FOR THE SAINTS!

I thought maybe Madonna, Sandra (blindside) Bullock and Brangelina would be adopting some gulf kids......oops! they're just covered in oil.

that is my point, where is it?

there was one in new orleans about a month ago --- not nearly as big nationally but some effort.

where i think people in this thread really missed the boat is there is a huge need for money today -- yes bp will pay 20 years from now, but who is going to pay for sand, booms, boats, etc... today, cause bp is woefully underfunding that, and the local communities dont have the cash to pay for it. if they would open up the check books a lot of environmental damage could be prevented.

I agree about the Saints, but Stars have been late to the releif party becuase BP, a foreign corporation, is directly to blame for this entire mess, and as charity work is in many ways a zero sum game, subtracting from worthy efforts to direct to anything that might ease the economic burden this mess caused is ridiculous.

I might feel different if I hadn't just seen that BP has sunk more money into adversitsing their releif effort and lobbying in DC in the past month than they have put towards cleaning up their mess.

Link?