Maybin

Maybin is pretty key to our pass rush this season and with Schobel leaning towards retirement Maybin better grow up quickly. With the additions of Edwards, Troup, Carrington, and A.Davis we have upped our running D BUT our pass rush is going to be heavily dependent on our the OLB production and possibly without Schobel we are essentially going to be counting on Maybin, Kelsay, Ellis, and Batten for our principle pass rush.

I really hope Schobel comes back for one more year just to gives us some semblance of a pass rush and to keep from relying on Maybin way too much too early. As far as the future of this defense goes we do need Maybin to be the OLB of the future not just in terms of pass rush but also in coverage and run support. Because even if Schobel comes back its just a temporary fill for pass rush (He is likely to be a liability in coverage).

About the only pass rushers I recall who have similar physique's to Aaron Maybin's are Jason Taylor, Simeon Rice, and Jevon Kearse. They were all tall, lanky, and a bit on the light side (smaller bone structures).

Most good pass rushers have a power element to their games, even if they're small like Fred Dean, Elvis Dumervil, and those guys.

I have no idea if Maybin has the talent of the other three. Hope so.

He was 21, about the same size as Jason Taylor, and the law of averages has people putting on weight as they get older.

I guess. One thing I do know, Jauron is never again going to even SEE the inside of a draft war room ever again.

I hope he works out at OLB. I don't even hold out hope for Kelsay.

About the only pass rushers I recall who have similar physique's to Aaron Maybin's are Jason Taylor, Simeon Rice, and Jevon Kearse. They were all tall, lanky, and a bit on the light side (smaller bone structures).

Most good pass rushers have a power element to their games, even if they're small like Fred Dean, Elvis Dumervil, and those guys.

I have no idea if Maybin has the talent of the other three. Hope so.

This is actually a cogent comment from someone who appears to have followed pro football from a time before the year Donte Whitner was drafted. I'm not sure people on this board know how to respond to something like this.

This is actually a cogent comment from someone who appears to have followed pro football from a time before the year Donte Whitner was drafted. I'm not sure people on this board know how to respond to something like this.

Thank you, Ennjay. Takes one to know one. I just wish I'd spent more time studying finance or something like that…instead of NFL football. Oh well.