Maybin

I know its early but its pretty sad that I haven't read a single thing about Aaron Maybin in OTA's.

Does anyone have any information regarding him? Is he lining up with the 2nd unit?

It's hard for anyone on defense to shine in no-pad workouts. The corners can show off a little but the physical positions won't get mentions. Same on offense for RBs and linemen. Only the finesse positions get actual notice.

Gailey was on Sirius Radio the other day and said Maybin has put unbelievable effort into his offseason conditioning program....adding weight without losing explosion

I think that's the 1st encouraging thing I've heard about Maybin.

Fantastic. Hope he blows up.

:thumbsup:

It's hard for anyone on defense to shine in no-pad workouts. The corners can show off a little but the physical positions won't get mentions. Same on offense for RBs and linemen. Only the finesse positions get actual notice.

Seriously. What do people expect from no pad practice? You do drills and walk through plays. For the oline and dlinemen, you are jsut bodies in a 7 on 7 scrimmage. There's very little contact, so you see guys like Roscoe Parrish shining.

Seriously. What do people expect from no pad practice? You do drills and walk through plays. For the oline and dlinemen, you are jsut bodies in a 7 on 7 scrimmage. There's very little contact, so you see guys like Roscoe Parrish shining.

And that is all that needs to be said. Parrish would be a stud in flag football.

Gailey was on Sirius Radio the other day and said Maybin has put unbelievable effort into his offseason conditioning program....adding weight without losing explosion

That's called anabolics....

He needed to gain 40 lbs. I dont think he lacks talent, but putting a safety sized guy at defensive end didnt work for us last year.

I know its early but its pretty sad that I haven't read a single thing about Aaron Maybin in OTA's.

Does anyone have any information regarding him?

He looks good running around in his underware...just like everyone else.

He needed to gain 40 lbs. I dont think he lacks talent, but putting a safety sized guy at defensive end didnt work for us last year.

You have no idea what you are talking about. He is basically the same size as Jason Taylor and he's playing OLB.

Maybin is 250 lbs, and that's a decent size for an OLB.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what Jauron and team where thinking when they drafted him to be a

DE?

C Biscuit, please read my posts more carefully in the future. I said that last year he lacked strength, and he would have done better with 40 extra pounds. He was the size of a big safety last year. That actually is not my opinion, but that of Aaron Schobel, who lives next door to me. You will also remember that he and his coaches agreed he had to add strength. Nothing controversial here.

You will notice that I did not mention this year. You presented a counter argument to one I did not make.

Jason Taylor is taller and heavier than Maybin. Allow me to suggest that I am not the one who does not know what he is talking about.