PFT says Marshawn a fit...

Munch

Well, they definitly did alot of "insider" digging and research to figure this all out.

Lets see,

1) Seattle makes a "splash" at the draft getting White, and a few weeks later, dump him for nothing

2) Rumors are made saying that the Seahawks tried to obtain Lyunch at the Draft, but the Bills said they aren't interested in making adeal

3) Buffalo has 3 RB's and the fans are ready to volunteer to drive him out of town because he hasn't showed up to the VOLUNTARY OTA's

4) Since Seattledropped a RB who was viewed as a starter, they obviously need another one

5) Therefore, Lynch would be a perfect fit for Seattle and they should trade for him, even though I believe that would put them in the same position as the Bills with 3 potential starting RB's (Forsett, Washington, Lynch)

Exactly, Nix needs on this instance to quit being stubborn and ship his ass

I think it probably WOULD be in the best interest of both parties to trade him, and my rationale is as follows.

Fred Jackson's already calling/texting Lynch to implore him to get his a$$ into camp, because the offense is going to be more than the usual 12-plays-and-a-cloud-of-penalty-flags. Supposing Lynch DOESN'T get his a$$ into camp, his attitude is going to earn him a spot on the bench for the rest of the season.

Assuming a worst-case scenario, let's say there's a strike next year.

If you're Lynch, you'll be completing your 5th and final year of your contract having played 2 good years, followed by two crap years, and a strike year. Your value in the league is circling the bowl.

If you're the Bills, you have a player that came out with a lot of promise, but is now just another back. No one special. What kind of trade value does he have? Zilcho.

Makes the most sense for both parties to move him along, take a 3rd if you're lucky, and get back to work.

This almost feels like an Eagles fan message board. ........... Let's run all our players out of town!! We already had demanded Jim Kelly to be benched in favor of Todd Collins.

How can you run a player out of town when he hasn't shown up? :rolleyes:

Seattle would be INSANE to trade for Lynch; he is a risk with his off the field issues only 1 year past.

We would make a mistake in letting a top tier RB go who adds depth to our good backfield. I think this year the value of Spiller/Jackson/Lynch will be huge.

For the most part, for Seattles sake, I hope they do not take it. I cannot stand USC, therefore Carroll is a tool, therefore, F Seattle. Seattle has no one we need, either.

So ... Marshawn would be useless to Seattle, and extremely useful to us even though without Lynch we would basically be in the same situation as Seattle with two decent backs neither of whom has proven himself as a franchise back? I understand but find it impossible to imagine agreeing.

I'm sure Seattle would love to have him. But I doubt that the Bills will lower their price and that Seattle will raise theirs enough, so I don't see a deal happening.

We shall see. Baltimore will unload Gaither if they can. After this season they get nothing for him.

How do you know that the Ravens won't agree to contract terms with him? Ozzie Newsome is one of the top GMs in the game. If it makes sense for him to sign him to a long term contract he will. If he concludes that it would not be worth it to sign him to a long term deal he could let him play out his current contract this year and then address the issue again at a later time. Newsome is not without options. If he can't come to an accord with Gaither he can also franchise him as a RT next year.

What the Ravens are not going to do is handle the Gaithers situation like the the Bills clumsily handled the Peters situation. The Ravens drafted Oher and then moved him to LT. They made sure that the most important position on the OL, LT, is covered whether Gaithers is re-signed or not. Compare that to the Peters trade which left this team in a bind then and now with no adequate replacement.

How do you know that the Ravens won't agree to contract terms with him? Ozzie Newsome is one of the top GMs in the game. If it makes sense for him to sign him to a long term contract he will. If he concludes that it would not be worth it to sign him to a long term deal he could let him play out his current contract this year and then address the issue again at a later time. Newsome is not without options. If he can't come to an accord with Gaither he can also franchise him as a RT next year.

What the Ravens are not going to do is handle the Gaithers situation like the the Bills clumsily handled the Peters situation. The Ravens drafted Oher and then moved him to LT. They made sure that the most important position on the OL, LT, is covered whether Gaithers is re-signed or not. Compare that to the Peters trade which left this team in a bind then and now with no adequate replacement.

I'm fairly certain you can't franchise someone as a RT. They get top 5 tackle money, regardless of position.

Gaither is gone from Baltimore after this year no matter what. Gaither wants $7+ million a year, and the Ravens are not going to pay their RT that much money.

I'm fairly certain you can't franchise someone as a RT. They get top 5 tackle money, regardless of position.

Gaither is gone from Baltimore after this year no matter what. Gaither wants $7+ million a year, and the Ravens are not going to pay their RT that much money.

My basic point about the Ravens and their very accomplished GM is that they will handle the Gaither situation in a very competent way. Even if they lose Gaither next year with no compensation they might still decide to keep him this year while they are still a very high contending playoff team.

Gaither has some very high salary expectations. That doesn't mean that the free agent market is aligned with his inflated expectations. What if Newsome tells his agent to go ahead and make a deal for yourself and then we will decide to match or not? What if next year the league is closed or partially closed down due to CBA negotiations?

Player movement and contract considerations are part of the NFL landscape. There is no way around it. Winning organizations learn to smartly handle these very complicated personnel issues. Again, my point is that the Ravens are much more adept at handling these tough issues that arise than the Bills have been able to.

I give Nix credit for not prematurely jumping to action to address critical needs. He is being patient and letting the market sort itself out. Knowing the contract value of a player is just as important as knowing the talent level of a player in the cap environment. The previous regimes were making personnel maneuvers out of desperation. Nix seems to have a better feel and intestinal fortitude to bide his time before making decisions. Nix is in the business of making football decisions as his priority as opposed to making marketing decisions as his priority.