Help me to understand

So all Bills the Bills Forums love Scuba Steve. And you know, I'm cool with that I really am. But at the same time, for some reason A lot of Bills fans are down on Hardy. That I don't get.

Hardy's Career Numbers: He's appeared in 16 career games and started 3. He has 10 career receptions for 96 yards and 2 Touchdowns.

Link: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HardJa00.htm

Steve Johnson's Career Numbers: He's appeared in 16 games and started 1. he has 12 career receptions for 112 yards and 1 Touchdown.

Link:http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnSt00.htm

So basically identical career numbers, yet the guy who hurt his knee and didn't really play last year is written off. While the 7th rounder with 1 less TD and 16 more receiving yards is a fan favorite. I don't understand the thought process's off my fellow fan's. Anyone else wanna explain it to me?

WHen is everyone going to learn its not all about the stats. Hardy was the #2 reciever and looked like crap. Doesnt show much heart or eagerness to play. On the other hand Johnson shows he wants to play and unlike the former #2 reciever I believe if Johnson is given the chance he will prove to be our best receiever.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to keep them honest, keep them guessing. If you just went and scored touchdowns all the time, the opposition would catch on.

You're right. That's precisely why Chris Carter was a failure in Philly.

So all Bills the Bills Forums love Scuba Steve. And you know, I'm cool with that I really am. But at the same time, for some reason A lot of Bills fans are down on Hardy. That I don't get.

Hardy's Career Numbers: He's appeared in 16 career games and started 3. He has 10 career receptions for 96 yards and 2 Touchdowns.

Steve Johnson's Career Numbers: He's appeared in 16 games and started 1. he has 12 career receptions for 112 yards and 1 Touchdown.

So basically identical career numbers, yet the guy who hurt his knee and didn't really play last year is written off. While the 7th rounder with 1 less TD and 16 more receiving yards is a fan favorite. I don't understand the thought process's off my fellow fan's. Anyone else wanna explain it to me?

I saw Hardy the season he played. Yep, he is big, but, he is SLOW and has SLOW feet. I don't believe he will make it as a receiver. JMO

I saw Hardy the season he played. Yep, he is big, but, he is SLOW and has SLOW feet. I don't believe he will make it as a receiver. JMO

The dude was a Basketball Stud turned into a Football player.....6-5 frame may look slow to most compare to a 5-11 guy. He did run a 4.45. I guess that is slow compared to a Chris Johnson.

Hardy is a 2nd round pick who didn't immediately turn into a Pro Bowl WR. He hurts his knee so he's injury prone too. I can't believe that you don't get it. I mean, helllloooo McFly. :thumbsup:

You must be another "He was drafted as a project" guy.

# 2 picks are supposed to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING!

We'll see. He may have a clean slate, and we'll know soon enough if he's a but or not. Nobody

gets more than three years, especially when you haven't done anything for the first two.

Its very simple. I don't understand why you're confused. Can you explain your confusion?

The expectations for 7th round WR, are Practice squad or Special Team. The expectations for a 2nd round WR are 1,000 yard season.

1 Exceeded their expectations, 1 didn't come anywhere close to their expectations.

Its very simple. I don't understand why you're confused. Can you explain your confusion?

The expectations for 7th round WR, are Practice squad or Special Team. The expectations for a 2nd round WR are 1,000 yard season.

1 Exceeded their expectations, 1 didn't come anywhere close to their expectations.

Thats a little bit,ummmmm , unrealistically hig expectation wise.

Both are young cheap and there wasn't really much of an alternative. We had bigger fish to fry in the draft (Although we did draft Easley) and why waste money in free agency on guys like TO and Coles when we aren't going to be that competitive and they would take away snaps from the younger players.

Hardy is big and runs fast for his height Johnson has good hands and cool hair.

I didn't read through all of these posts...but actually, Stevie Johnson cut off his dreads.

He has a buzz cut now. :thumbsup:

SJ cleans up in preseason and looks like another misjudgement of talent by DJ. Hardy hasn't showed much except the game winning catch. I am rooting for both but like SJ better honestly. Wanna see Rosco suceed this year too. LOL I am living in the off season hoping 4 the best.

Both are young cheap and there wasn't really much of an alternative. We had bigger fish to fry in the draft (Although we did draft Easley) and why waste money in free agency on guys like TO and Coles when we aren't going to be that competitive and they would take away snaps from the younger players.

Hardy is big and runs fast for his height Johnson has good hands and cool hair.

its the dreads

Stevie hasn't had dreads in a few months

EXACTLY, its all about expectations.

7th rounders arent even a lock to make a team, so any production above being in a jersey on sunday is exceeding expectations. a 2nd rounder is expected to contribute immediately and to a significant degree. when that doesnt happen, fans consider him a failure.

I'm sure if Jackson had Losman/ Edwards/ Fitzpatrick instead of McNabb his #s would be exactly the same.

Yes, we've heard this spin a million times.

Good players could never get it done in Buffalo.

I suppose Hardy would have torn it up in Philly, huh?

I didn't read all the posts, but I am sure i is about expectations. High for Hardy, low for Johnson. All things being equal stat-wise Johnson has overachieved and Hardy underachieved.

I didn't read all the posts, but I am sure i is about expectations. High for Hardy, low for Johnson. All things being equal stat-wise Johnson has overachieved and Hardy underachieved.

Agree to a point but for Hardys sake he was injured all of last year......Even though he played in 1 game last year you really cant count last year for him. Johnson on the other hand for the most part was healthy and only hand 1 more catch.

Thats a little bit,ummmmm , unrealistically hig expectation wise.

No it isn't. Thats what you don't get.

2 million in guaranteed money + salary is alot of money.

500 yards a year is a realistic minimum expectation to set for 1 st year high 2nd round draft pick.

The first 50 draft Picks, which hardy was Pick #41, should be expected to come in and earn PT right away, they are also paid as if they will play right away.

Right now the Bills are getting much more value from SJ's contract than Hardy's.

Its simply about expectations.

I'm sure SJ wouldn't mind getting paid 2 mil to put up the same numbers as Hardy.

No it isn't. Thats what you don't get.

2 million in guaranteed money + salary is alot of money.

500 yards a year is a realistic minimum expectation to set for 1 st year high 2nd round draft pick.

The first 50 draft Picks, which hardy was Pick #41, should be expected to come in and earn PT right away, they are also paid as if they will play right away.

Right now the Bills are getting much more value from SJ's contract than Hardy's.

Its simply about expectations.

I'm sure SJ wouldn't mind getting paid 2 mil to put up the same numbers as Hardy.

Please explain the TO contract and Lee Evans Contract based on production like you stated above. What I am trying to say is look at the Offensive scheme the past few years. Even if Hardy was 100% healthy last year and TO was not around you would be lucky to see 400-600 yards from him. Not a bash on Hardy, or whoever Just the way the Bills have played football the last few years. Blame it on the coaches, QB, Line or what ever.