What is right with the Buffalo Bills !!!!

Tonight (Maybe the one and only time) I am going to try and be Mr. Postitive as I have promised a few posters who

are tired of the Jerry Sullivan gloom and doom approach to the Bills! Yes, I am just as quilty and I will try to be positive

starting right now!! As a matter of a fact....For one day! All the doom and gloomers (like me) out there...please try hard

to say one positive thing about the Buffalo Bills, players, organization, coaching, etc.....and for one day it would be nice

if we refrain from the sarcasm, the negativity, and lets just see where positive energy as a joint force of Bills fans take us!!

Maybe, positive thoughts will help produce positive results???? That's not inconceivable! You can move a mountain if you

believe you can and starting now, today is the day as it is 12:00 am on the dot as I begin this.....My blog will follow as 12:00 sounds good for a start!!!

Tonight (Maybe the one and only time) I am going to try and be Mr. Postitive as I have promised a few posters who

are tired of the Jerry Sullivan gloom and doom approach to the Bills! Yes, I am just as quilty and I will try to be positive

starting right now!! As a matter of a fact....For one day! All the doom and gloomers (like me) out there...please try hard

to say one positive thing about the Buffalo Bills, players, organization, coaching, etc.....and for one day it would be nice

if we refrain from the sarcasm, the negativity, and lets just see where positive energy as a joint force of Bills fans take us!!

Maybe, positive thoughts will help produce positive results???? That's not inconceivable! You can move a mountain if you

believe you can and starting now, today is the day as it is 12:00 am on the dot as I begin this.....My blog will follow as 12:00 sounds good for a start!!!

The Bills are going to be vastly improved this year according to me! The reasons for their marked improvement will follow below......

#1 The Bills released Dick Jauron, who seemed like he would make a real nice neighbor, school teacher, or doctor, but he

sure didn't seemed to have that motivational factor or know how to throw a flag......(sorry about negativity on D.J. I'm

still working on improving).

#2 The Bills released the rest of D.J.'s coaching staff which means we will have new Offensive and Defensive Coordinators.

#3 The Bills year in and year out have some really good cornerbacks and they should only continue to get better with

maturity.

#4 The Bills have one of the best (maybe the best) tandem of running backs in the leaugue. There is a back for every

occasion. Lynch with power, Jackson with shifty moves, and a back like Spiller that can catch, run, and even play

special teams.

#5 The Bills now have to weight trainers which should help in conditioning of the players. The Bills should improve on the

injury front as it has been brutal in the past, but this isn't the past and we will do better in this important area.

#6 The Bills drafted a player at OT that they believe in when they choose Wang the first Chinese American in the NFL.

Not only should Wang add depth at the Offensive line position, but he will bring with him much press and a strong

following not only in the U.S. but in China as well.

#7. This is the year that several young players should begin to come into their own and add another dimension to the Bills.

James Hardy should be just about healthy and ready to impact the WR positon, along with Stevie Johnson who has

been a pre-season wonder boy in past years and just needs to bring the same production to the regular season. Aaron

Maybin should be more comfortable in the OLB positon which is better suited to his skills. Brian Brohm or Trent

Edwards may bust out and have a strong season. Leodis McKelvin should improve greatly with a year under his belt.

He made several big plays last season, but made some bad mistakes as well which he should grow from. Look for

great things with him.

#8. If Trent Edwards does start this season, he should be able to take the lessons learned from the previous seasons and

let them fuel his fire! The coaching staff really showed a big vote of confidence on him by passing on a QB until the

7th round of the draft.

#9. The DE positon should be vastly improved this season between the FA acquisition we made in the off-season...and

Chris Ellis should finally come around in his 3rd season as a defensive end.

#10. Doug Whaley was a valuable pickup from the Pittsuburgh Steelers and should help make are Personnel office more

formidable.

#11. The coaching staff is mostly all from Georgia Tech and should be able to implement their team philosophy fairly easy

since they have all worked together in the past.

#12. The Bills should do better defensively now that they have switched to the 3-4 defense. There may be an adjustment

period for them to gel, but once they do the Bills will have a much greater chance of beating their divisional

opponents.

#13. All the Bills games are scheduled for Sunday at 1 p.m. at home and their are no night games or MNF games to

distract the Bills.

#14. The red flag to review a play won't be in D.J.'s pants pocket this year, so it shouldn't get stuck when it needs to be

thrown...lol

#15. Eric Wood seems to be on schedule with his recovery, and with good luck will be on the Bill's opening day roster!

Okay, I'm running out of gas with all this happy, positive stuff and need someone to pick up the ball and continue running with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks! :worthy:

It's 80 degrees in May. If you are going to spend your time whining about the Bills and a season that is months away on the internet, maybe it's time to re-examine things. :worthy:

not me...I'm finding reasons to say positive things about the Bills, and smile and be happy...afterall, it's after midnight..my 4 kids are sleeping...and it's relaxing. I'm trying to not be "negative" and see how the other half feels. So, let me say

in a nice, kum bah yay way instead of my normal sarcasm...Please have a Good night and God bless you! :devil::lol::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Go Bills Go!

not me...I'm finding reasons to say positive things about the Bills, and smile and be happy...afterall, it's after midnight..my 4 kids are sleeping...and it's relaxing. I'm trying to not be "negative" and see how the other half feels. So, let me say

in a nice, kum bah yay way instead of my normal sarcasm...Please have a Good night and God bless you! :worthy::devil::lol::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Go Bills Go!

I wasn't coming down on your personally and I apperciate your thread. I get being skeptical butI've just never been a complainer. Especially when we aren't ever sure what exactly we have to complain about yet. :thumbsup:

I wasn't coming down on your personally and I apperciate your thread. I get being skeptical butI've just never been a complainer. Especially when we aren't ever sure what exactly we have to complain about yet. :worthy:

Not a problem... :devil: I agree, there isn't really anything to complain about as the Bills haven't even snapped the ball for real in a game...I guess that's just the point, that I am trying to "learn" after a tough decade to wipe the loser

mentality off our shoulders and try to think positive and feel positive about the future of the Bills. I coul've posted

about all the things that I thought the Bills did this off-season, that IMO were incorrect, but I am trying to concentrate on

the things they did right and try and look at it as "It's the managements job to build the Bills...and they must have

knowlege of the game...and know what their doing...So I should try and give them a chance to build the Bills in the image

of the team they want them to become.....before overanalyzing...and bashing their every move.

So what I'm saying is I agree....and I am also trying not to be a complainer...and your right, there very well may not be

nothing but praise due the Bills...Hopefully that will be the case. :lol:

I'm not making the same commitment as you, but there's a lot to like about the Bills this year, just as there's a lot to worry about.

Marcus Stroud is a heck of an athlete, and I think he's going to surprise people. Our secondary looks very solid. Lee Evans is a terrific WR. Our RBs are extremely solid. With the extra time at training camp and in the preseason, Levitre and Wood stand a very good chance of improving and being solid building blocks for the future. And we're young.

We fired our S&C staff from last year, something I've been calling for us to do for two years now. Yanking the TVs out of the weight room is a great first step towards getting the team in the terrific shape that we used to be famous for, back in the Rusty Jones days. Chan Gailey, while he's far from perfect, seems like he stands a very good chance of doing a very good job for us. I love the fact that we now have a football man at GM. I'm not wholly convinced about Nix, but again, there's a good chance that he'll do a very good job. I also like that we brought in Whaley as his successor.

Also, it looks like we have finally given up on competing for next year and done the right thing and acknowledged (even if it hasn't been done publicly) that we are rebuilding. I love the realism that shows, and I think it's a good sign for the future.

All these things are either good or look like they have a good chance of being good.

#4 The Bills have one of the best (maybe the best) tandem of running backs in the leaugue. There is a back for every

occasion. Lynch with power, Jackson with shifty moves, and a back like Spiller that can catch, run, and even play

special teams.

May I very positively point out that "tandem" means group of two of something. We are even better than that this year, we're a trio.

Ok, First I was one of the guys that called tonyjustbcuz on his remarks, so let me say thanks for listening.

Now what is good about the Bills?

All aspects of the staff coaching and conditioning are improved.

Secondary is solid, if not top five in NFL in my opinon, when you look at starters and depth.

D-line with Stroud, Williams, Edwards, Troup, Johnson, Kelsay will be much improved against the run. The reason is this group is not like Haysworth who doesn't want play NT because of his stat sheet. These guys are blue collar guys with good work ethics.

LB - Mitchell, Poz, Davis, Maybin, Batten, Moats, Carrington, Harris and Coleman, this is way better depth then last year and with the 3-4, more plays going down hill should be expected.

Special teams with Moorman and Lindell enough said, but add MeKelvin and Spiller over the top.

QB - Chan will help with Trents mental game and if we can start the season with some key Divsional wins that may work wonders. This position is the biggest ?

OL- With the experience of Wood, Levitrie, Hangartner, Green, we get better. I think Calloway might be a sleeper and Wang with the talent he has and his family background as it relates to work ethic, I am excited to find out.

RB- Best in the league, if Spiller performs. even with Freddie getting close to 30 years old, he lead the league in total yardage, lets not forget that, even if his play falls off a little that's still good.

WR/TE- looking forward to finally seeing Stevie Johnson gets some reps. Spiller should create match-up problems, because I don't think a LB can stay with him nor a your average safety, He will make our WR and TE better.

I know the Colts game in the snow last year was a "No game" for the Colts. But I got to tell you the snow , two hundred yards rushing, the WR Td's it was a nice way to end the season, thats what I am hoping for, I little of that 2010.

Regulators Mount UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been down on Trent Edwards along with most other fans. Last year - mostly after the concussion - he just looked awful. Mostly it was mental, though. You could tell when watching him that he was afraid - afraid to throw it deep, afraid to stay in the pocket, afraid to take chances. Physically, though, he has all the tools to be a very good QB. When he was coming out of college Bill Walsh was very intrigued by him, being very reminded of Joe Montana... I have this theory that a great QB could be drafted by the wrong team, in the wrong system, and never achieve anything, and go on to anonymity - and vice versa, that the right QB selected into the right situation is what makes a QB great, more than anything else, since the top hundred or so in the league probably, to a high degree, all have similar physical tools.

Anyway, after hearing Edwards talk lately, it sounds like he might have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I think it took J.P. Losman being demoted and being thrown into the minor league for him to get to that nothing to lose state of mind where I think Edwards needs to be for a while in order to break that cycle of fear and inhibition. It is encouraging to hear him talk a little cocky - maybe he's gotten to that point where he has nothing to lose, has a new system, a good offensive coach and - here's my positive for today - maybe it'll come together for him this year and he turns it on. I think he could really win a bunch of games for us playing conservative with the occasional long ball, doing something like 250 yrds per game and 2 touchdowns... with a good defense, good running game I think he might really blossom - it depends, of course, on overcoming the mental aspect. With his talents as good as they are - I think he is either terrible because he's terrified (in which case he won't be playing anywhere if he continues like last year), or he overcomes it and, then he really could do anything.

the best things about the buffalo bills right now:

No Dick - how can a guy that smart be that bad?

Upper Deck Pissers - best thing to happen to that stadium since the guy climbed out on the goalpost net wire on mnf

They're Still Here - nuff said

I'm not making the same commitment as you, but there's a lot to like about the Bills this year, just as there's a lot to worry about.

Marcus Stroud is a heck of an athlete, and I think he's going to surprise people. Our secondary looks very solid. Lee Evans is a terrific WR. Our RBs are extremely solid. With the extra time at training camp and in the preseason, Levitre and Wood stand a very good chance of improving and being solid building blocks for the future. And we're young.

We fired our S&C staff from last year, something I've been calling for us to do for two years now. Yanking the TVs out of the weight room is a great first step towards getting the team in the terrific shape that we used to be famous for, back in the Rusty Jones days. Chan Gailey, while he's far from perfect, seems like he stands a very good chance of doing a very good job for us. I love the fact that we now have a football man at GM. I'm not wholly convinced about Nix, but again, there's a good chance that he'll do a very good job. I also like that we brought in Whaley as his successor.

Also, it looks like we have finally given up on competing for next year and done the right thing and acknowledged (even if it hasn't been done publicly) that we are rebuilding. I love the realism that shows, and I think it's a good sign for the future.

All these things are either good or look like they have a good chance of being good.

A great post!! :lol: Love all the positive spins on things!!!

May I very positively point out that "tandem" means group of two of something. We are even better than that this year, we're a trio.

Your right! Good catch...Thanks...and I'm sure we're a triple threat at RB, and having Spiller should even help the passing game as well! :lol:

i know that some might disagree with this (and if you do, post it in another thread :lol: ), but many of the "negatives" that have been noted on this board, i see as positives in a way.

the bills shortcomings and question marks will be exposed this year in a worst case scenario. since the bills have so many young players and a new regime, this year will be a pivotal one in figuring out who is going to be here for the long haul.

don't get me wrong, i'm not writing the upcoming season off before a single down is played, and i fully expect the bills to outperform what many of the national pundits are predicting, but i'm also happy to know that after this year it should be clear beyond any doubts what the bills need to do to make the jump to full-fledged championship contender status.

i'm always optimistic, but i think i'd be less so if OBD made more of a push to "win now" at all costs - including mortgaging the future. i think we all would trade one more so-so to shoddy year for a long string of competitive ones, instead of one blaze of glory followed by another decade of futility.

Ok, First I was one of the guys that called tonyjustbcuz on his remarks, so let me say thanks for listening.

Now what is good about the Bills?

All aspects of the staff coaching and conditioning are improved.

Secondary is solid, if not top five in NFL in my opinon, when you look at starters and depth.

D-line with Stroud, Williams, Edwards, Troup, Johnson, Kelsay will be much improved against the run. The reason is this group is not like Haysworth who doesn't want play NT because of his stat sheet. These guys are blue collar guys with good work ethics.

LB - Mitchell, Poz, Davis, Maybin, Batten, Moats, Carrington, Harris and Coleman, this is way better depth then last year and with the 3-4, more plays going down hill should be expected.

Special teams with Moorman and Lindell enough said, but add MeKelvin and Spiller over the top.

QB - Chan will help with Trents mental game and if we can start the season with some key Divsional wins that may work wonders. This position is the biggest ?

OL- With the experience of Wood, Levitrie, Hangartner, Green, we get better. I think Calloway might be a sleeper and Wang with the talent he has and his family background as it relates to work ethic, I am excited to find out.

RB- Best in the league, if Spiller performs. even with Freddie getting close to 30 years old, he lead the league in total yardage, lets not forget that, even if his play falls off a little that's still good.

WR/TE- looking forward to finally seeing Stevie Johnson gets some reps. Spiller should create match-up problems, because I don't think a LB can stay with him nor a your average safety, He will make our WR and TE better.

I know the Colts game in the snow last year was a "No game" for the Colts. But I got to tell you the snow , two hundred yards rushing, the WR Td's it was a nice way to end the season, thats what I am hoping for, I little of that 2010.

Regulators Mount UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

You accentuated the positive even better than I did, and I appreciate it!! It feels better looking at a full-glass of lelmonade on a hot day than a bag of lemons in the fridge that are beginning to spoil ! Maybe I'll continue looking at the Bill's in a positive sense tomorrow as well, and see if this good feeling continues? Thanks, :lol: