JAKE LOCKER 2011, Lets start the campaign now

I have seen a few early mocks (Don Banks from SI was one) who have us taking Gabbert. I think he will emerge as the #1a behind Locker with Luck and Mallett near the top as well. Locker has a lot of work to do in the passing game but has a lot of the intangibles people look for. Gabbert is apparently huge with a big arm and a freak athlete and plays in a big conference. I admittedly don't know much about him but from the tidbits I have read, I would not be disappointed if he was our guy.

Just wait, by the end of the year he'll be the number 1 prospect. :thumbsup: For the record, I think Lock is overrated, and Mallett reminds me of a young Bledsoe. I'd be lieing if I said I knew anything about Luck.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there will be some other strong arm QBs in the draft for 2011 but Jake Locker looks like THE guy. I don't know how badly we will stink up the joint next year but we should pull a Mike Ditka and give up as much as we have to to get Jake Locker. The kid has it all. The arm, the size, the mobility, played in bad weather, played with a bad offensive line. How much more perfect could a rookie QB candidate be for our Bills?

Sell the farm buddy! Get Jake Locker....long time listener first time caller but......GIT 'ER DONE BUDDY!!!!!!

:worthy: I am sorry ... but until Mel Kiper says who the Bills 'MUST PICK' is I just am unable to make up my mind. And, even Mel doesn't start picking them this early because outstanding college juniors sometimes slip back in their senior year. It's funny but I remember just a couple of years ago there was this incredible junior quarterback whose play almost guaranteed he would be picked first among quarterbacks with a solid pro career ahead of him ... he was a LOCK! Everyone who saw him play ... let me see ... I think it was for Louisville ... as a junior were dreaming that he'd be their team's next Brady (oh wait, Brady wasn't a number one pick .. whatever, I digress) but something happened his senior year that pushed him back in the draft. I wonder if he has had the chance to live up to his junior potential ... let me see ... Brian ... Brian Brohm.

Frankly, I want this team to play its guts out ... surprise everyone and with Coach Chan putting in some creative offense that is based on a play the entire game to win and with our decent defense ... give me the playoffs not dreams of some junior sensation quarterback that we sacrifice the future for ...

CBS sportsline already has the Bills selecting Locker with the #1 overall next year

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft?tag=fas...nfl;NFL%20Draft

It would make perfect sense to me if Gailey and Nix looked at the roster Jauron left them and then decided this isn't going to be fixed in one draft. Perhaps they do in fact have a plan to draft Locker in next years draft, who knows but them.

All I can say is... even the best laid plans of mice and men

I know there will be some other strong arm QBs in the draft for 2011 but Jake Locker looks like THE guy. I don't know how badly we will stink up the joint next year but we should pull a Mike Ditka and give up as much as we have to to get Jake Locker. The kid has it all. The arm, the size, the mobility, played in bad weather, played with a bad offensive line. How much more perfect could a rookie QB candidate be for our Bills?

Sell the farm buddy! Get Jake Locker....long time listener first time caller but......GIT 'ER DONE BUDDY!!!!!!

Yeah, let's also start a campaign today for Miss Iowa in the Miss America 2015 contest.

If she looks anything like Miss Iowa 2010 ... whoo... oow. Of course, she might not. But that shouldn't stop us from getting irrationally excited.

Andrew Luck is pretty damn good too. We will see who is better next season. That LT from BC is a strong possibility too

Andrew Luck will most likely come out in 2012 or 2013. He was a red-shirt freshman this year, he's not going to come out next year. Guys who only have played two years don't generally get drafted very high.

Explain the love affair that people have with Locker please. Show me some videos that show how great he will be, some stats that back up the thought that he is the next great QB, or something. Please. :worthy:

To be honest I haven't looked at college stats for many players at all. Where Locker sits I don't know. My assessment is based on the information that I have heard on ESPN, draft web sites and youtube video. If you haven't done so take a look for him on youtube. The kid has an arm and isn't afraid to use it, he has incredible wheels scoring a 50+yd TD in one game and he has done it on a not so great team with a bad offensive line. I believe he may also be a 4 year starter. I know this will at least be his 3rd year starting.

Do you have some evidence to the contrary that makes you think that he will NOT be a good NFL prospect? I would like to make an informed decision.

I'd rather have Luck than Locker. Luck is a far more polished passer, but isn't nearly as athletic. Pocket passers win in the NFL, and Luck is the best of the 3.

For the most part I hear ya but just like some value athleticism over pure passing you can't do the opposite. The real question in my mind is by the end of the 2010 season will Locker be a more polished passer? My thought is yes. It is completely possible to teach a good prospect how to be a better passer but you can't teach a statue to be athletic and run a 4.4 40. (I don't know what Locker runs but it is apparently fast)

People want to label players too much. Athleticism and pocket passing ARE NOT mutually exclusive.

:worthy: I am sorry ... but until Mel Kiper says who the Bills 'MUST PICK' is I just am unable to make up my mind. And, even Mel doesn't start picking them this early because outstanding college juniors sometimes slip back in their senior year. It's funny but I remember just a couple of years ago there was this incredible junior quarterback whose play almost guaranteed he would be picked first among quarterbacks with a solid pro career ahead of him ... he was a LOCK! Everyone who saw him play ... let me see ... I think it was for Louisville ... as a junior were dreaming that he'd be their team's next Brady (oh wait, Brady wasn't a number one pick .. whatever, I digress) but something happened his senior year that pushed him back in the draft. I wonder if he has had the chance to live up to his junior potential ... let me see ... Brian ... Brian Brohm.

Frankly, I want this team to play its guts out ... surprise everyone and with Coach Chan putting in some creative offense that is based on a play the entire game to win and with our decent defense ... give me the playoffs not dreams of some junior sensation quarterback that we sacrifice the future for ...

Thanks Buzz kill. Is it too early to really tell? Wow, thanks for that revelation! lol. Obviously we have to wait for the season to actually happen but SENIOR QB Locker went back to polish those things that needs work on. Locker would have been a first round pick even if he was given a 2nd rd grade by scouts. College career goals aside he obviously thinks he can improve on his problem areas, become a better QB and raise his draft stock.

We will of course learn more once the college season gets under way and plays itself out. Difference makers with rare skills are the stuff of stars. This team is GREATLY in need of difference making stars. Our teams in the past have often been composed of over priced roll players.

Jake Locker huh? If you want to take a freakish physical athlete with a career completion percentage below 60 percent in college, why not just go all in and take Pryor?

Who is your guy? Looks like there are a bunch of big arm QBs coming out in 2010. Locker as I understand it is a great passer and his light years ahead in athleticism. (Insert standard disclaimer that athleticism and good passing QB are not mutually exclusive)

We have the guy, his name is Levi.

Trent, Fitz and Brohm have all had opportunities to show that they have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL and they haven't done it. So what we do know of those guys is not good. Levi is an unknown, he has at least the possibility of succeeding whereas the other guys...well...I just don't have much confidence in them at all. All I am saying is that I hope Levi gets a chance to get some reps and show what he has, even if it is in limited duty.

Luck is not big enough. Mallett is my guy. Big strong arm.

Locker is supposed to have a big arm but some here have said that Mallet's is bigger. Either way it would be great to see a guy with an actual arm who is not afraid to use it play in Buffalo. Enough of these weak armed QBs. It is funny to me that people like to talk about how we don't need any California players that can't take the weather, we need big WR to play in the winter, we need big lineman and defenders not high motor guys. IN SPITE OF THAT FACT THEY WILL DEFEND NOODLE ARM QBS and point to a VERY small handful of QBs who have had success in the NFL without a big arm.