Five Reasons The Bills Should Sign................

H2o

Oh, and as for Charles Rogers, I think the Seahawks just had him and someone else in with a bunch of other "draft busts" that they have given a second chance to.

Mike Williams, not Charles Rogers. Different 1st Round bust WR from the Lions.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While there are a number of late-bloomer QBs, those guys are almost universally late round picks who spent a few years on the bench. Most first-round picks who bust with their original team go on to fail with other teams, or at best, develop into marginal starters/decent backups. Here's the list of first-round QBs who were cut by the original team/traded in disgrace/let go:

1.) JaMarcus Russell

2.) Brady Quinn

3.) Jason Campbell

4.) J.P. Losman

5.) Kyle Boller

6.) Rex Grossman

7.) Byron Leftwich

8.) David Carr

9.) Joey Harrington

10.) Patrick Ramsey

11.) Michael Vick

12.) Tim Couch

13.) Akili Smith

14.) Cade McCown

15.) Ryan Leaf

16.) Jim Druckenmiller

Is there anyone on that list who proved valuable to his next team?

Losman won a Championship with his next team. :doh:

Heh

I knew as soon as he was released these threads would pop up on this board like pimples on a teenager. I'll never understand why people think that bringing in other teams QB garbage doesn't have a down side. Like We'd bring this guy in, give him a chance to develop, and poof! He becomes and amazing QB....here...in Buffalo....with only one veteran to throw to...nevermind that he really has no talents that translated to the NFL.

I already think we're wasting our time trying to develop Brohm. I can only think of 2 QBs that were drafted onto poor teams that made it elsewhere, Steve Young and Brett Favre.

There aren't enough coaches on the team to develop what we have now, and to be perfectly honest, it looks to me like the current GM and coaching staff see enough in what they have now to keep the team competitive this year, and will make a move on one of the QBs in next years draft.

I certainly didn't think Tebow/McCoy/Claussen were the answer at all, and there was no way in hell any one of those 3 QBs were going to come in completely inexperienced and perform better than any of last year's QBs, which makes even more sense to me that they selected Levi Brown, a completely underrated QB that, to me at least looks a ton better than Tebow/McCoy/Claussen in his game time decisions, arm strength, and accuracy. Levi's footage on youtube, look him up, is very impressive, its almost hard to believe he appears that talented, has a throwing motion that looks a little bit like a Jim Kelly/Brett Favre hybrid motion, and a complete leader on the field that you can actually see it on the video clips. Can Levi compete for the starting job this year? no, but who knows in the future, of if someone gets hurt.

I was probably the only one who was relieved when we didn't waste a pick on them.

I can't wait till Denver releases Kyle Orton....(sarcasm)

quick edit - ohh yeah, I can't wait till Matt Cassel fails miserably in KC, he's another Don Strock in my opinion. The "lets bring him in" threads will be immediate.

Russell had one decent year in college. A shocking bust in the NFL!

You are saying Brown looks "a ton better" than those other guys----based on a few clips on youtube??? Holy sh*T!

Other than the Uncle Rico steak throw relesase, what is also remarkable about those clips is the amount of short throws and the acrobatic catches required by his WRs on his longer heaves.

Maybe he'll pan out--who knows, but come on.....a motion like Kelly or Favre?