Roster turnover - my initial 53

There will be some pretty profound roster turnover headed into next season...here is my 53 man roster for 2010

* - Starter

QB (3) - *Brohm, Fitzpatrick, Brown (Edwards doesn't make it out of camp!)

RB (5) - *Jackson, Spiller, Lynch, McIntyre

WR (6) - *Evans, *Hardy, Johnson, Easly, Parrish, C. Jackson

TE (3) - *Nelson, *Schouman, Matthews

OL (9) - *Bell, *Levitre, *Hangartner, *Wood, *Green, Calloway, Meredeth, Wang, Gaddis

K (1) - Lindell

LS (1) - Sanborn

DE (4) - *Stroud, *Edwards, Sp. Johnson, Carrington

DT (3)- *Williams, Troupe, Harvey

OLB (5) - *Maybin, *Schobel, Kelsay, Batten, Coleman

ILB (4) - *Posluszny, *Mitchell, Davis, Moats

CB (5) - *McGee, *McKelvin, Florence, Corner, Youboty

S (4) - *Wilson, *Byrd, Witner, Scott

P (1) - Moorman

Notable Cuts - Trent Edwards, Jonathan Stupar, Chad Simpson, John McCargo, Nick Harris, Jon Corto, Cory Harris, Ellis Lankster, Chris Ellis, Keith Ellison

Surprise makes - Levi Brown, Chad Jackson, Mike Matthews, Christian Gaddis, Lonnie Harvey, Antonio Coleman

There will be some pretty profound roster turnover headed into next season...here is my 53 man roster for 2010

* - Starter

OL (9) - *Bell, *Levitre, *Hangartner, *Wood, *Green, Calloway, Meredeth, Wang, Gaddis

K (1) - Lindell

LS (1) - Sanborn

P (1) - Moorman

God I hope I am eating my words and Edwards is a Pro Bowler next year. Maybe he can post this in his locker minus my reply.

Notable Cuts - Trent Edwards, Jonathan Stupar, Chad Simpson, John McCargo, Nick Harris, Jon Corto, Cory Harris, Ellis Lankster, Chris Ellis, Keith Ellison

Surprise makes - Levi Brown, Chad Jackson, Mike Matthews, Christian Gaddis, Lonnie Harvey, Antonio Coleman

* - Starter

K (1) - Lindell

LS (1) - Sanborn

P (1) - Moorman

Honestly a surprise make would qualify for any QB currently on the roster.

Your roster predicts 5 rb's make the team but you only have 4. Only 5 corners seems a bit light but I assume you went that way considering we will carry more LBs this year.

All those 2nd year guys are gonna be cut huh?

He meant to type in the number 4, as you can see he still has 53 players.

5 corners is not light but rather normal for an NFL team...Dick Jauron has brainwashed you.

I agree that he has too many 2nd year players cut.

I'd only make the following 6 changes to his roster, with the obligatory acknowledgement that of course it is difficult to predict the roster before training camp even begins:

Stupar instead of Matthews...Stupar is all hustle and might be our best blocking TE

Guerra instead of Gaddis...need a second fully healthy lineman who can play center, Wood doesn't count

Ellis instead of Kelsay...too early to give up on Ellis, Kelsay is waaaaaay too slow to play LB

N. Harris instead of Coleman...too early to give up on Harris

C. Harris instead of Youboty...see above comment

Lankster instead of Corner...thought Corner was beyond terrible last year

* - Starter

K (1) - Lindell

LS (1) - Sanborn

P (1) - Moorman

Barring an unexpected trade for Vick, I just don't see anyone but Edwards starting out the season. I'm not a huge Edwards supporter but Fitz--child please--this guy is worse than Holcomb. At least Holcomb would have the occasional monster game. Fitz has the occasional good game at best. I think Nevergiveup will be right and Edwards is the guy for now. I wouldn't be surprised if Brohm was cut--there is a reason he was on the practice squad in Greenbay.

Barring an unexpected trade for Vick, I just don't see anyone but Edwards starting out the season. I'm not a huge Edwards supporter but Fitz--child please--this guy is worse than Holcomb. At least Holcomb would have the occasional monster game. Fitz has the occasional good game at best. I think Nevergiveup will be right and Edwards is the guy for now. I wouldn't be surprised if Brohm was cut--there is a reason he was on the practice squad in Greenbay.

Yeah, it doesn't seem likely they cut Edwards to retain Fitzpatrick. Given the general lack of production both have shown, it seems like they'd want to give the guy they drafted, put 3 years into, and on the last year of his contract another shot. Also, Edwards has traditionally impressed in camp and preseason.

5 corners is not light but rather normal for an NFL team...Dick Jauron has brainwashed you.

I'd only make the following 6 changes to his roster, with the obligatory acknowledgement that of course it is difficult to predict the roster before training camp even begins:

Stupar instead of Matthews...Stupar is all hustle and might be our best blocking TE

Guerra instead of Gaddis...need a second fully healthy lineman who can play center, Wood doesn't count

Ellis instead of Kelsay...too early to give up on Ellis, Kelsay is waaaaaay too slow to play LB

I agree Stupar stays.

I hope to see them sign a veteran who can play center/guard, in the McKinney mold, thus opening a roster spot.

I agree, I feel Kelsay only makes the team if Schobel does not come back.

I like Nic Harris, but he is coming off an injury and just doesn't seem to have a position in this defense.

Is Carey Harris playing safety or corner? Regardless I think he gets cut.

I could see Lankster making it over Youboty, or making it outright over one of the extra offensive linemen (Calloway?) thus keeping 6 DB's (can never have too many :unsure: )

* - Starter

K (1) - Lindell

LS (1) - Sanborn

P (1) - Moorman

I can't take somebody seriously who doesn't know how to spell a player's name, let alone not knowing their name at all!

While I agree with the OP's statement that hard decisions will have to be made this August, well...it's May. There has been one rookie camp in shorts, not pads. The vets are either on vacation, or in the weight room.

Hard to get too worked up over roster cuts, when we haven't seen (a) who's going to excel in Spring/Summer camps, and (b) who's going to get busted for steroids, controlled substances, gun possession, paternity suits, or have the requisite fluke lawnmower-or-softball accident that these yahoos seem to get every summer.

Let's get to Labor Day, shall we?

Brohm starts, edwards number 2, Fitz number 3 and Levi to the practice squad. That makes the most sense to me.

I agree Stupar stays.

I hope to see them sign a veteran who can play center/guard, in the McKinney mold, thus opening a roster spot.

I agree, I feel Kelsay only makes the team if Schobel does not come back.

I like Nic Harris, but he is coming off an injury and just doesn't seem to have a position in this defense.

Is Carey Harris playing safety or corner? Regardless I think he gets cut.

I could see Lankster making it over Youboty, or making it outright over one of the extra offensive linemen (Calloway?) thus keeping 6 DB's (can never have too many :unsure: )

Is that you Dick Jauron?? Just kidding.

I can't take somebody seriously who doesn't know how to spell a player's name, let alone not knowing their name at all!

You actually spelled your name wrong too....ByrdsDaWord should be Byrd's the word. Now doesn't that sound stupid? Sorry, I wasn't sitting there with the Bills roster in front of me, clearly you're a better fan.

After watching Kelsay fail for years. it's my hope he's shown the door. If it was tomorrow, that would not be too soon.