Question for military veterans

Good morning. As has been clearly stated, the Marine Corps is the way to go if you want to be the best. I am a Marine, but I want to make it clear that no matter what branch of service you join, you should be very proud of your decision to serve. Not even 2 percent of Americans today have served in our fine military, so by doing so you will become a member of a very small group. I also want to say you do not have to serve to be patriotic. There are many ways to help out nation remain strong, free and great.

I personally would recommend enlisting in the Corps, serving for two years and then apply of a commission. If you keep your nose clean and do well at your job, you will have no problem becoming an officer. As a prior-enlisted officer, you will have a much higher degree of experience than the average lieutenant and will be respected much more by your men.

Going this route also gives you the chance to see if you enjoy the life of a Marine before you make the much longer commitment that is being an officer.

I spent eight years in the Corps. It was not easy, but it was fun, rewarding and very satisfying. Like anything in life, being a Marine is what you make of it. Going in with the right attitude and for the right reasons is so critical.

If you are going to enlist, you should sit down with a recruiter sooner than later. You can and should enter the delayed entry program as soon as you can if you are serious about enlisting. You will get invites to voluntary events that will help you be better prepared for what you will face in bootcamp and give you a better understanding of how the Marine Corps works these days.

Best of luck in making the best decision.

I would say that you should decide what it is you want to do in the military, and then make your decision based on which branch of the service will give you that.

Figure out what specialty you want first, then make the big decision. Don't make this decision to quickly, because you might regret it, and you can't just quit.

Ha ha so the Navy only accepts people with a 50 on the ASVAB? A chimp could score a 50 on the ASVAB. As for the OP...want to join? Join the Army.

Well maybe we should start recruiting chimps...Last i checked the National Average on the ASVAB was a 38-40!

I did 4 years in the Corps and got out in October. I can honestly say it changed my life for the better but it is what you make it. If you don't like hard work and whine a lot join the chairforce or army. If you want to push yourself physically and mentally then join the Marines. Any questions hit me up.

SEMPER FI!!!!!